I just found a compelling reason to visit China...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2016, 08:48 AM
RE: I just found a compelling reason to visit China...
(06-06-2016 08:40 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 07:30 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Be careful it's made in China.

In my company its officially called "best cost", since the word "cheap" has such a nasty connotation, particularly with the customer. So we have "best cost" suppliers and "best cost" locations in eastern Europe and China/India and central America.

No $hit, im dead serious!

Due to my cynical nature, I do get a kick out of euphemistic policies. They remind me of how easy it is to affect the views of most people just by changing a few words around even if actions which they define remain the same Smile

I actually don't care that everything is made in China, but I still reserve the right to talk shit about it in an effort to make fun of the world and everyone in it.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
06-06-2016, 09:15 AM
I'll pass

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-06-2016, 09:20 AM
Now they've got a wall *and* a bridge. Wau.

(But also I love China and everyone should go visit. Too bad I don't live there anymore)

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
06-06-2016, 09:59 AM
(06-06-2016 09:20 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Now they've got a wall *and* a bridge. Wau.

(But also I love China and everyone should go visit. Too bad I don't live there anymore)

Is the "great firewall" still up?
Last year a (american) co-worker of mine was in Shanghai, and when i tried to send him stuff the data transfer rate was like in the mid 90s. He explained its due to the "great firewall".
Thought he was bullshitting me first until i fired up wiki, and my jaws dropped....

Great firewall
Golden shield

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
06-06-2016, 10:29 AM
(06-06-2016 09:59 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 09:20 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Now they've got a wall *and* a bridge. Wau.

Is the "great firewall" still up?
Last year a (american) co-worker of mine was in Shanghai, and when i tried to send him stuff the data transfer rate was like in the mid 90s. He explained its due to the "great firewall".
Thought he was bullshitting me first until i fired up wiki, and my jaws dropped....

Great firewall
Golden shield

It's actually getting worse in terms of what you can and can't go to online, but still as easy to bypass as ever. Just not without sacrificing a lot of speed.

'Murican Canadian
06-06-2016, 11:07 AM
As someone who's an ex-window fixer that bridge is still a whole lot'a "Nope!" for me.

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post