I just had a very surreal experience.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2012, 09:23 AM
RE: I just had a very surreal experience.
Oh that, that is a protected park-forest called Marjan (pronaunced like Maryan). People go there to walk, walk their dogs, run, jog, exercise... So,yeah, kinda like a nature preserve.

You like?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
18-05-2012, 11:18 AM
(18-05-2012 09:23 AM)Filox Wrote:  Oh that, that is a protected park-forest called Marjan (pronaunced like Maryan). People go there to walk, walk their dogs, run, jog, exercise... So,yeah, kinda like a nature preserve.

You like?
I did until I realized there isn't a single golf course in the entire country. I'm gonna have to level that park if I move there for my personal golf course. Big Grin

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
21-05-2012, 01:10 AM
Oh no, we have some golf courses. Not very big and too many of them, but they are somewhere around. The problem with golf courses is that they are completely not-ecological, they use so much water everyday it's just awful, so a lot of people complain about the golf, and also, you need a huge part of ground where you have a golf course, instead of vegetables, animals and other more important "things".

You rich bastards, all you want is to play golf, no can do.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
21-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Back in Germany I had my appartment on the country side (but not too far from the city either).
When I went to the supermarket I had to walk/cycle on a country road. There is a little lake, surrounded by trees, on the left hand side and a corn field on the right hand side. Now on summer evenings the light would fall golden on to the fully grown corn field, just like you would expect it from a drawing from the romanticism period. I actually had to stop in such moments, just to stare at the beautiful scenery. Once I took a picture, so since 5 years that's my phone backround picture, I don't have a wire to get it on my computer sadly.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
21-05-2012, 03:32 PM
I grew up in farm country in Eastern Iowa. With family on the Outer Banks of NC, our family trips were back and forth between the two usually by car. The landscape was pretty much the same even when flying since we went in the summer.

In the early 80s my girls and I moved to southern AZ for my Army assignment there. The desert was new to us. I remember my older daughter running in with a leaf in her hand and saying that she had found a leaf and there weren't even any trees. She was about 6 at the time.

A couple years later I flew to Iowa for my brother's HS graduation and sister's wedding at the end of May. After living in the desert the sight out the plane window seemed like it couldn't be real. Everything was so green! And there were so many shades of green. Added to that, as I looked out over the distance, the land seemed to be a giant rolling quilt with some of the seams streams and some roads. That was when I appreciated the beauty of the heartland. No big thing like mountains or an ocean. Just the criss crossing of planted fields in various stages of growth with the black earth showing in places.

I wish I had a picture of it...it's a cool memory though.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
21-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Heart Beautiful photos Filox!

I love that photo of the jagged white stone hill/mountain with the single, windswept tree! Thumbsup

So, you have mountains and sea very close to you? That's a wonderful variety. I'm completely land locked in rolling sea of soft hills. To get to an ocean, I would have to drive for at least 10 hours straight. And to get to big mountains (big as pictured), I would have to drive for about 8 hours.

You live in such a dynamic place - old ruins, lush countryside, modern town... looks like a perfect Eastern European tourist destination. Smile

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
21-05-2012, 03:46 PM
I read in a book by Douglas Coupland that if you blink backwards it's taking a mental photo, would be good for those surreal moments Smile
22-05-2012, 01:33 AM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2012 12:31 AM by Filox.)
(21-05-2012 03:44 PM)kim Wrote:  Heart Beautiful photos Filox!

I love that photo of the jagged white stone hill/mountain with the single, windswept tree! Thumbsup

So, you have mountains and sea very close to you? That's a wonderful variety. I'm completely land locked in rolling sea of soft hills. To get to an ocean, I would have to drive for at least 10 hours straight. And to get to big mountains (big as pictured), I would have to drive for about 8 hours.

You live in such a dynamic place - old ruins, lush countryside, modern town... looks like a perfect Eastern European tourist destination. Smile

You have no idea... Every town has old centre, old stone walls and forts, while the whole coast is backed with mountains. There are a LOT of islands as well, that is a completely special and different thing to visit, while in the northern part of the country we have flat fields full of corn, wheat and all sorts of vegetables, animals...

I am always saying that Croatia is the perfect country, if you count nature, scenery, possibilities, but the people here, the ones that are ruling and the ones that have chosen those who rule... My God , how retarded we are, we managed to destroy everything. God praise the democracy and capitalism, so we can sell everything to everyone. But if you ever plan on visiting something near, there is no Greece or Turkey that can replace Croatia. Specially if you call me to be your guide...

Smile

P.S.

The first post were not my pictures, but from the Internet, my pics are in the second post.

These are not mine as well.

National park Plitvice:

[Image: plitvice2.jpg]

[Image: galerija054.jpg]

National Park Krka

[Image: krka.jpg]

National Park Paklenica

[Image: paklenica03.jpg]

National Park Risnjak

[Image: IMG_136_2.jpg]

[Image: risnjak2.jpg]

The islands...