I just need to vent

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2014, 07:56 AM
RE: I just need to vent
(06-05-2014 06:44 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  God never told anyone to rape anyone so I do not understand your point.

Jeremy...

http://www.evilbible.com/Rape.htm

Drinking Beverage

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2014, 07:59 AM
(05-05-2014 09:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(05-05-2014 09:06 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Yes. Were you making a point?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epigenetics...and_memory
Your thought patters are determined in part by genetics and epigenetics.
(Of course that makes "free will" meaningless).

Thanks Bucky! I'm always glad to learn something new.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
06-05-2014, 08:05 AM
(06-05-2014 06:44 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  God never told anyone to rape anyone so I do not understand your point.

Other people already addressed this, so I won't repeat them.

(06-05-2014 06:44 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Actually you have only demonstrated mine. You think that Christians who defend the bible have broken some rule or law which humans are obligated to adhere to regardless of whether or not they think it is good. The law which states that defending rape is evil and wrong and should never be done.

You therefore think rape is objectively wrong. I.e. that it is wrong even if someone thinks it is right. But now you have to explain why this is objectively wrong? What makes it wrong OBJECTIVELY?

You cant say we all know it is wrong because we have empathy. That is not what I ask. I dont care how you know something to be wrong but rather, what makes it wrong....objectively?

Okay. This is the third time I'll say this. I'm not saying that there is some objective universal leprechaun edict making rape wrong. We here base it on empathy and looking at the effects it cause. You'll throw the effects out because you're only trying to discuss whether or not anything makes it objectively wrong and you'll call it a red herring, but that's it.

We see that it hurts people and we have decided it's something we don't like and don't want to tolerate. No universal truths, no wizards, no magnetic gravitational ghost winds.

Yes, it's "arbitrary" and that's that. I know it's really weird for you to wrap your mind around this and picture an entire society deciding that certain things are good or bad based on arbitrary decision, but you haven't done anything to illustrate that this isn't the case. You seem to be implying that our belief system is stupid because you don't like it, but you won't actually come out and say it. You don't seem to have a point, but what you're implying is just an argument from adverse consequences. It's just something you're going to have to get over.
06-05-2014, 08:12 AM
(04-05-2014 11:11 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  The amount of ad hominem on this forum and the sheer arrogance and superiority complex in some of these posts is deplorable. At worst, Jeremy has been guilty of implying negative qualities to atheist in a general way, and some of his arguments are very poorly formed, but beyond that he has been very even and respectful in all of his responses. Just because you disagree with someone doesn't give you license to insult them or call them an idiot. After all, what would this forum be without apologists to discuss with? Just a big, pro atheist circle jerk that's what.

This is the thinking atheist web forum. Emphasis on thinking. When you insult someone you have effectively turned of your brain, and you have made it exceptionally difficult for the person being insulted to consider any of your arguments. This doesn't apply to everybody here, but to all whom it does apply; grow up. Seriously. This is ridiculous.

Yup. Agreed.

(04-05-2014 12:26 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(04-05-2014 08:58 AM)DLJ Wrote:  You referred to 'many'. Please clarify.

Thanks.

Every atheist I have heard speak of the issue on television has spoken of tolerance in such a way as to see it as being synonymous with acceptance. Agnostics as well. In fact I will even say most of the atheists I have spoken with in the past several years about the issue have seen tolerance as synonynous with acceptance. Out of the roughly two hundred I have spoken with, roughly two thirds have spoken of tolerance as being synonymous with acceptance and those are just the ones I have dialogued with online.

Perhaps a question of interpretation.

I have never interpreted it that way. Nor has anyone with whom I am acquainted. I do not have a TV so I cannot comment on that.

Perhaps you should stop watching it too.

(04-05-2014 12:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(04-05-2014 12:11 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Like the black Americans, atheists construct a culture of rebellion, instead of a culture of trust and autonomy.

That is true, but you still need trust and cooperation to organize community; and religions still have that, and atheists, and blacks, remain dependent, because they trust their perceived oppressors more than they trust each other; and that creates an inconsistency in reasoning and leads to anger and discontent.

Huh? How do atheists and blacks "TRUST their oppressors MORE than they trust each other"? Are you saying blacks hate atheists more? Atheists are generally more tolerant of skin differences than theists? At least all the atheists I know are and some of the atheists I know are African Americans. [/i]

... "each other [within their respective groups]", is what I think he meant.

06-05-2014, 08:26 AM
There is no reasoning with a rape apologist. End of Story.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
06-05-2014, 08:28 AM
(06-05-2014 07:26 AM)natachan Wrote:  "God never told anyone to rape anyone so I do not understand your point."

Yes. He did. Very explicitly. He stated that the Israelites were to keep the women they conquered for themselves. What do you think that meant? He told the men to rape these women and gave the action his blessing. Was this ok? Was the forced sexual servitude of these women not really rape?

If you like Chas or Michael deny objective moral values and duties exist then like Michael, you must simply confess: "Depends who you ask!"
06-05-2014, 08:29 AM
Yes or no, is god endorsing a rape?
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
06-05-2014, 08:50 AM
(06-05-2014 07:56 AM)Impulse Wrote:  

Jeremy...

http://www.evilbible.com/Rape.htm

Drinking Beverage

I saw no where in anything provided where God commanded His people to rape women.

Sorry. You fail.
06-05-2014, 08:52 AM
(06-05-2014 08:29 AM)natachan Wrote:  Yes or no, is god endorsing a rape?

No.

Should a rapist be ashamed of their actions?
06-05-2014, 08:53 AM
God endorses rape. If you deny that then you are either lying or deliberately blind. Or, heaven forbid, you don't consider forced sexual slavery rape.
[+] 2 users Like natachan's post