I just need to vent

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2014, 05:48 PM
RE: I just need to vent
(08-05-2014 05:40 PM)Leo Wrote:  ^^^^^^Holy shit! The irony of this post !Laugh out load

I do believe in moral obligations that are binding upon humans.

I believe human beings are obligated to love one another as they love themselves for example.

When they fail to do this, they have done something wrong. They have been selfish.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2014, 07:16 PM
(08-05-2014 05:37 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  You sound like someone who believes that humans are under obligation to do and not do certain things.

What are you basing this on?

Still pounding away at that dead fucking straw horse, I see, you fucking idiot.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
08-05-2014, 11:07 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 12:15 AM by ShirubaDangan.)
(08-05-2014 05:48 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 05:40 PM)Leo Wrote:  ^^^^^^Holy shit! The irony of this post !Laugh out load

I do believe in moral obligations that are binding upon humans.

I believe human beings are obligated to love one another as they love themselves for example.

When they fail to do this, they have done something wrong. They have been selfish.

You seem to believe in moral obligations that you like and equate the good things to God while completely ignoring the horrific 'moralities' we had long ago.

Like killing a man and women whom have had premarital sex and not just killing them in at least somewhat humane way but stoning them in a violent bloody death.

Deuteronomy 22:23
New International Version (NIV)
23 If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her,

Deuteronomy 22:24
New International Version (NIV)

24 you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death—the young woman because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man’s wife. You must purge the evil from among you.

Sounds completely and utterly moral and I thank God for all his goodness of how ridiculously moral it is to throw stones onto the skull of a human as they are literally beaten to death in a public display.

Looking into stoning and harsh laws I found a modern video of an act very similar of what the Bible demands. I don't plan on showing it on the forum because I believe it far exceeds some of the worse things that I have shown in response to people but I am willing to pm you the link if you are interested. The video has a couple being stoned to death for adultery and its as brutal and disgusting as you'd expect.

And this is your 'moral' God.

TheThinkingAtheist also has a good video on this.

The Bible also has slavery why not deal and abolish it in the Bible instead of letingt it continue and be constantly abused throughout history within Christian nations?

Leviticus 25:44-46
New Living Translation (NLT)
44 “However, you may purchase male and female slaves from among the nations around you. 45 You may also purchase the children of temporary residents who live among you, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, 46 passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat them as slaves, but you must never treat your fellow Israelites this way.

I bring this next verse again just to ask you your opinion on this. I say opinion because the Bible states exactly that its alright to murder children and babies as long as God commands it.

That reveals God's morality and if you are at his level of morality you are in fact a moral monster.

1 Samuel 15:3 (NIV)
Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.'"

Humans are selfish and that selfishness helps in the fact we all want to be relatively equal. We want to be treated the same we also want people to be punished but that is on various extents but I believe now not many people would literally stone a couple in public for having premarital sex nowadays but since your God is so pious and moral and loves killing babies, I would state that his morality is nothing compared to the morals we humans are constantly changing and adapting now. We will develop better morals and I hope we continue to do so. Morals are not set in stone and we definitely have better morality in a sense compared to those years ago.

You didn't respond to me before and I definitely look forward to your answer because no Christian has been able to answer it without using excuses that God somehow killing babies is good despite him being all knowledgeable and easily been able for him to find another way to deal with the situation instead he is just a monster that seems to care nothing of the human race.

Or a simpler answer and one which doesn't explain just this fantastical story but plenty of others.

In the beginning Man created God.

And we used that to explain everything when it explained nothing at all.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 5 users Like ShirubaDangan's post
08-05-2014, 11:31 PM
I jumped from page 7 to here. Looks like I didn't miss much.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post
08-05-2014, 11:50 PM
(08-05-2014 11:31 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  I jumped from page 7 to here. Looks like I didn't miss much.

Heya, CC, great to see you again! <hugz>

09-05-2014, 12:05 AM
(08-05-2014 11:50 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 11:31 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  I jumped from page 7 to here. Looks like I didn't miss much.

Heya, CC, great to see you again! <hugz>

I'm just here for moral support. you're doing a fine job on calling out bullshit. Thumbsup

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
09-05-2014, 07:44 AM
Shituba Dangan, is something wrong with slavery?

Is something wrong with stoning adulterers?
09-05-2014, 07:52 AM
(09-05-2014 07:44 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Shituba Dangan, is something wrong with slavery?

The fact that you don't know, asshole, vividly illustrates the moral bankruptcy of your batshit superstitions.

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
09-05-2014, 08:23 AM
(09-05-2014 07:44 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Shituba Dangan, is something wrong with slavery?

SSDD

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
09-05-2014, 08:52 AM
(09-05-2014 07:52 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  

The fact that you don't know, asshole, vividly illustrates the moral bankruptcy of your batshit superstitions.

Why should I know this?