I just need to vent

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2014, 03:01 AM
RE: I just need to vent
(03-05-2014 07:10 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Tell them they need to pray more.
I hope you're trying for humor here. More prayer would be the punchline to this sad joke.

(03-05-2014 07:10 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Ask them what is so special about them that god spared them - what are they going to do to prove to the world that they are special?
Why not instead ask what was so special about the ones that died that god felt the need to send a tornado to wipe them out? Or for that matter what was so special about the people of China who did get a tornado at all? Both questions seem equally valid as 'what makes you so special'.

(03-05-2014 07:10 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Ask them what has happened to all the other special people who were spared by the grace of god in the tornadoes last year, and the years before - what's happened to them - have you heard anything from them that demonstrates that god did the right thing, or are they a burden on society, now???

Perhaps I've misunderstood your message. Are you, perhaps, saying that this whole tornado business is evidence god doesn't care about humans? Possible. It's late. I'm tired... leaving me to wonder why I'm posting, but hey! First free time with my cell phone in a long while.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2014, 04:04 AM
(03-05-2014 09:58 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 09:39 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Pointing out that someone is an uncaring fucktard void of empathy does not make their critic likewise. This is not how things work, simply pointing out the reality of someones shortcomings does not make them indicative of the critic; unless you'd like to argue that a Christian's hatred of gays stems from their own wanton homosexuality? Consider

No matter, thanks for once again proving just how much of a complete and utter fucking retard you are.

Tolerance is the issue here. Something you conveniently avoided.

Many atheists accuse Christians of being intolerant of people's beliefs but will not hesitate to castigate Christians for theirs.

The hypocrisy is so prevalent that it goes largely unnoticed, or either willfully ignored.

The rallying cry of the many atheists is you should be more tolerant! They then prove themselves to be anything but tolerant when they not only are intolerant of the beliefs of Christians but even deem their own intolerance as justified. It is nothing more than the pot calling the kettle black.

Thanks again for even more proof you are a complete fucking retard. Tolerance for others should not include acceptance other people's irrational intolerance.

Also, you are once again misappropriating terms here. Not all atheists are pro-equality, and not all Christians are anti-homosexual; they simply are not synonymous. But when someone says that we should have more empathy, respect, and tolerance for those different than ourselves; that does not extend to ignoring or forgiving irrational and unsupported biases, hatred, bigotry, and intolerance.

That you can't seem to understand this very simple concept speaks of your indoctrination and lack of anything beyond a 1st grade education. You sound like a whiny kindergartner who's crying because the teacher won't let you hog all of the toys for yourself at recess, and you're yelling at her for not being 'tolerant' of your right to hog all of the toys for your own enjoyment.

[Image: cry-baby.png]

Now would you kindly shut the fuck up?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
04-05-2014, 06:56 AM
(03-05-2014 09:38 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 09:30 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  If what you're doing causes someone to feel mental or physical pain, or actual damage of either type, you are wrong. No ifs, ands, or butts Wink

Who says?

You?

Who are you?

Why is it that your views on morality have the trump card over the Christians views, or anyone else's?

What makes your view right and other people's views wrong?

Because you say so?

All of the above are questions atheists ask Christians all the time.....

You cannot have it both ways bro. You cannot say the Christian is intolerant and a bigot and then do the same things you accuse them of doing without being an intolerant bigot yourself. You are saying that a person is wrong if they do such and such. The Christian says a person is wrong if they do such and such. The atheist wants to simultaneously label the Christian as an intolerant bigot while being an intolerant bigot in assigning the label.

The question of causing harm to others and its proscription are universal to humans and predate Christianity, Judaism, and the Bible by many millennia.

it is obvious to any intelligent, observant person that religion is not the source of morality.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2014, 07:10 AM
(03-05-2014 11:25 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I made some points in previous posts you didn't address, I think that may be a good place to start.

Those points specifically are?

Maybe if you could list one and then I can take a look at it.
04-05-2014, 07:18 AM
(04-05-2014 04:04 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Tolerance for others should not include acceptance other people's irrational intolerance.

I agree. If you had read what I wrote, then you would see that I stated that tolerance does not mean acceptance of something one disagrees with which you still think it does. Many who think like you see the word as synonymous with "acceptance", but it simply is not. You, inadvertently, have proved my point. The word tolerance has been thrown around by many who misuse it. Thumbsup

(04-05-2014 04:04 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Also, you are once again misappropriating terms here. Not all atheists are pro-equality, and not all Christians are anti-homosexual; they simply are not synonymous.

I never stated any of the above. I choose my words more carefully than that.

(04-05-2014 04:04 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  But when someone says that we should have more empathy, respect, and tolerance for those different than ourselves; that does not extend to ignoring or forgiving irrational and unsupported biases, hatred, bigotry, and intolerance.

I have not spoken of ignoring or forgiving anything. I have spoken of tolerating certain beliefs others hold that are contrary to my own. That is all.
04-05-2014, 07:26 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2014 07:33 AM by Jeremy E Walker.)
(04-05-2014 06:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  The question of causing harm to others and its proscription are universal to humans and predate Christianity, Judaism, and the Bible by many millennia.

it is obvious to any intelligent, observant person that religion is not the source of morality.

I never said religion was the source of morality so I do not know why you are telling me this.

Also, you gloss over the fact that what is harmful is seen today by moral relativists as something that is completely subjective and determined by individuals. Like what is nasty or tasty.

Some say certain sexual acts are harmful i.e. engaging in anal sex. Some say said acts are beneficial. You might have a long list of "evidence" favoring your view. Others might have an even longer list of evidence favoring theirs.

In a roiling sea of opinion without some objective standard to use to judge these opinions, you have a bunch of people who have opinions. That is as far as it goes.

Now if you say: "well it is objectively true that we should not cause unnecessary harm to others.." I would simply ask you who says that?

To which you might reply: "Well, most people in the world have said this, so it is true."

To which I would laugh and say: "So what?"

I would then go on to say that taking your view to its logical conclusion, right and wrong are determined by the majority. So in the event in the near future the majority of the religious in this world who indeed make up the majority of people in this world decide to round up atheists and burn them at the stake, their actions would be considered right because according to you the majority determines this. Facepalm

But any atheist in their right mind would say woah! That ain't right! You should not discriminate against people because of their beliefs or lack thereof. To which I would reply, I AGREE!

But I would have to ask: "Who says?"

If, according to you, the majority think it right to discriminate against atheists, then this means that it is right. If the view that discrimination against atheists is one held by the majority of people in the world and is therefore deemed "universal" as you would describe it, then it is right.

But you do not believe that mere numbers determine what is right as you have stated with your whole "the universal recognition that harm is bad" argument.

You would hold to that view only as long as you were not adversely affected by it. When you are, you abandon the view for something else.

The view that majority or might makes right does not mesh with our moral experience as humans. Since it does not, it must be abandoned for a more coherent view.
04-05-2014, 07:52 AM
(03-05-2014 10:26 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  You do not know what tolerance is it seems. Nor how a Christian can be tolerant and at the same time tell someone that they need Christ to save them from their sins. Your view of Christians and intolerance is not an uncommon one. This view needs to be corrected.

Ah... JeremyEW knows what atheists know and knows what they don't know. Really?
The most important thing he knows; he knows that all atheists are the same ... and their views need correction.

It would seem Jeremy has decided he wants to be god's favorite, special prostitute... he's aspiring to "best whore in the house".
He is not unlike the model prisoner or "trustee".

trustee Angel christee

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
04-05-2014, 08:02 AM
(04-05-2014 07:52 AM)kim Wrote:  Ah... JeremyEW knows what atheists know and knows what they don't know. Really?
The most important thing he knows; he knows that all atheists are the same ... and their views need correction.

It would seem Jeremy has decided he wants to be god's favorite, special prostitute... he's aspiring to "best whore in the house".
He is not unlike the model prisoner or "trustee".

trustee Angel christee

For the most part, at least here, the majority of atheists have similar trains of thought. This is evidenced by their own words. Nothing particularly profound with this.

Most have stated plainly that they are positively opposed to the notion of worshiping God because they see Him as a beast or what have you.

Many here have also shown their ignorance with regards to words in common usage. Once again, this display of ignorance comes from their own mouths, not mine.

In light of the above, these erroneous conceptualizations need correcting if they want to be seen as thinking men and women.

I actually do not think that many are as concerned about that as they would have people believe. If so, they would spend more time reading a dictionary than reading infidel websites run by people who are no more adept at correctly using words then they are.
04-05-2014, 08:19 AM
(04-05-2014 07:18 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(04-05-2014 04:04 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Tolerance for others should not include acceptance other people's irrational intolerance.
I agree. If you had read what I wrote, then you would see that I stated that tolerance does not mean acceptance of something one disagrees with which you still think it does. Many who think like you see the word as synonymous with "acceptance", but it simply is not. You, inadvertently, have proved my point. The word tolerance has been thrown around by many who misuse it. Thumbsup
(04-05-2014 04:04 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Also, you are once again misappropriating terms here. Not all atheists are pro-equality, and not all Christians are anti-homosexual; they simply are not synonymous.
I never stated any of the above. I choose my words more carefully than that.
(04-05-2014 04:04 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  But when someone says that we should have more empathy, respect, and tolerance for those different than ourselves; that does not extend to ignoring or forgiving irrational and unsupported biases, hatred, bigotry, and intolerance.
I have not spoken of ignoring or forgiving anything. I have spoken of tolerating certain beliefs others hold that are contrary to my own. That is all.

Oh really you dumb fuck? You pick your words more carefully? Or do you really mean that you just try to hide your bigotry and intolerance behind your Bible so you don't have to take credit for being an asshole?

(03-05-2014 10:11 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Homosexuality is condemned not only in Leviticus but also in the NT. On this you are wrong as well. In fact no less than Jesus Himself gives us the ideal for marriage and it is between a man and a woman, as it was in the beginning. Paul also confirms that homosexuality is a sin, among other things.

The problem is that men love pleasure more than they love God. It is not too hard to see. It has been written and the long line of historical events bears this out.

Men and women love having sex and pleasure with one another, love drinking and getting drunk, love using drugs and partying and using and abusing one another for their own lustful enterprises. I know, I did it for years. Always burning and craving more, more pleasure, more more more....burning, being consumed and inflamed by it till my whole life was about pleasure, about feeling good..

You paint the bible as some old useless thing. Good for nothing except maybe a paper-weight, or a book-end.

You do not care to read its writings in their context. You do not try to take into consideration the times and places in which its writing were compiled. You open it up, find something you think don't fit, say AHA! close it up and throw it to the side.

The vast majority of pleasure seeking men and women just stay away from it. Trust me. They already know it condemns their lifestyle. The obstinate and obdurate make sport out of criticizing it. They get pleasure from this, that is why they do it.

Those who commit sin are slaves to sin.

The malady of the atheist is that he thinks he is free, but he, like Samson, is not only blind, but bound by the iron shackles of sin that hold him fast.

His greatest weakness lies in his pride which blinds him to his true state.

Here's Biblical marriage for you, you ignorant fuck. Facepalm

[Image: 028-Real-Traditional-Marriage.jpg]

[Image: marriage.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
04-05-2014, 08:32 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2014 08:55 AM by DLJ.)
(04-05-2014 07:18 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  ...
Many who think like you see the word as synonymous with "acceptance", but it simply is not.

I know no one who uses that incorrect interpretation.

Please provide references or shall we just put that one down as a man of straw?

One thing I am very careful about is making sure that I do not assume that I know the beliefs, traditions, understanding or knowledge of those with whom I converse.

I am curious as to why you do not afford us the same courtesy.

Perhaps you are buying into the worldview-fallacy?

Is a protective mechanism? Projection perhaps? What do you think?

Consider

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post