Sad I just need to vent...
[/color][/font]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes lonely.girl's post
21-06-2013, 12:54 AM
RE: I just need to vent...
there, there, [color[/font]

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
21-06-2013, 01:13 AM
Yea.. it will be ok. At least you don't have [size][/size] issues. Shy Or do you?

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
21-06-2013, 09:35 AM
Were you guys able to read my post? I'm new to this and I just see the title.
[+] 1 user Likes lonely.girl's post
21-06-2013, 09:40 AM
I didn't see anything but(color/font) or something. Sorry.
21-06-2013, 09:46 AM
(21-06-2013 01:13 AM)kim Wrote:  Yea.. it will be ok. At least you don't have [size][/size] issues. Shy Or do you?

It's not the [size][/size] of [video=youtube][/video] that matters it's the [video=dailymotion][/video]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like ridethespiral's post
21-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Nope, don't see anything other than the color/font tags, and I can't tell what happened that went wrong. If it's a long post, maybe you should type it into Micrososft Word first so that you can copy it into the posting box in case something messes up. That way, you don't need to write the whole thing from scratch again.

[Image: giphy.gif]
21-06-2013, 10:23 AM
OK here's what I originally meant to post, I hope it works this time.
So I come from a Catholic family and I recently came out the atheist closet a few months ago to my mom and one of my sisters. My mom is very superstitious and she believes in feng shui and lucky candles etc. and has lots of symbols and things around her apartment to attract good luck. She is also a tarot card reader and well, her business is booming. I used to pretend to believe in the stuff she does but now I made it very clear that I respect her decision but I don't believe in it.
I'm a full time college student, single parent and work full time for very close to minimum wage and my mom babysits my daughter while I'm gone. I recently borrowed a large sum of money from my mom to pay rent and bills and I've always paid her back. Here's why I'm upset. She's new to facebook so she doesnt know that I can see what she posts and I saw some comments she made to my aunt saying I was a failure in life because I don't have faith. No
Last night I reminded my daughter to keep reading her science books that I buy for her and it must've slipped her mouth with my mom because she came home tonight telling me that my mom gave her another lecture that God created everything and that no matter what I teach her, she has to believe in what she tells her. She even dared to tell my 9 year old daughter to just compare who has more things and more money and she will notice that my mom is doing much better because God is on her side and that she needs to do what she says. She is basically brainwashing my daughter! Whenever I confront her about it she denies it and threatens me with not helping me anymore. She says that the reason why I had no money and I'm losing everything is because I need God in my life. I feel so betrayed because I need my mom's help but I don't want to give up who I've became. I may be broke for now but I know it will change when I'm done with college. I don't want to confront her anymore because I know in her mind, her argument is stronger and she'll win because all she will do is compare our financial situation. I have no real friends to run to because every single one of them is religious. To top it all off I have social anxiety and I just feel like an outcast in this city and sometimes I wonder if it's worth it to drag my daughter down the same path as me. I just need some motivation I guess. Huh
21-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Alright I can see it now.

I'm sorry to hear all of that, your mother sounds like a power hungry witch who is trying to control your daughter and blackmailing you into letting her since you need her financial aid. I don't really have any advice to give you other than what to do in the future. Once you are financially independent, cut your mother's access off from your daughter, that's what she gets for blackmailing you into allowing her to control your daughter.|

Somebody else should be able to give you good advice for what to do in the present.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
21-06-2013, 10:37 AM
(21-06-2013 10:23 AM)lonely.girl Wrote:  OK here's what I originally meant to post, I hope it works this time.
So I come from a Catholic family and I recently came out the atheist closet a few months ago to my mom and one of my sisters. My mom is very superstitious and she believes in feng shui and lucky candles etc. and has lots of symbols and things around her apartment to attract good luck. She is also a tarot card reader and well, her business is booming. I used to pretend to believe in the stuff she does but now I made it very clear that I respect her decision but I don't believe in it.
I'm a full time college student, single parent and work full time for very close to minimum wage and my mom babysits my daughter while I'm gone. I recently borrowed a large sum of money from my mom to pay rent and bills and I've always paid her back. Here's why I'm upset. She's new to facebook so she doesnt know that I can see what she posts and I saw some comments she made to my aunt saying I was a failure in life because I don't have faith. No
Last night I reminded my daughter to keep reading her science books that I buy for her and it must've slipped her mouth with my mom because she came home tonight telling me that my mom gave her another lecture that God created everything and that no matter what I teach her, she has to believe in what she tells her. She even dared to tell my 9 year old daughter to just compare who has more things and more money and she will notice that my mom is doing much better because God is on her side and that she needs to do what she says. She is basically brainwashing my daughter! Whenever I confront her about it she denies it and threatens me with not helping me anymore. She says that the reason why I had no money and I'm losing everything is because I need God in my life. I feel so betrayed because I need my mom's help but I don't want to give up who I've became. I may be broke for now but I know it will change when I'm done with college. I don't want to confront her anymore because I know in her mind, her argument is stronger and she'll win because all she will do is compare our financial situation. I have no real friends to run to because every single one of them is religious. To top it all off I have social anxiety and I just feel like an outcast in this city and sometimes I wonder if it's worth it to drag my daughter down the same path as me. I just need some motivation I guess. Huh

How does anyone believe in magical cards (I mean besides these) and crystal balls and crap...I mean the scammer has to know that it's a scam? and further more how can one reconcile that with Christianity?!

Your situation sucks...Obviously your priority should be your education and then achieving financial independence so that you have some power in the situation...So I think you've got that right and it's just a waiting game.

Otherwise I would say just keep teaching your kids logic, teach them about other relgions and the plethora of gods....You might consider using that whole " It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven." thing next time your mother goes all "God makes me rich because I'm superior" on your kids.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user