Poll: What do you think the object was?
Something you know (please explain)
Impossible to tell, due to vague description.
Could be anything, there's a plenty of things in the sky like that.
Extraterrestrials.
These choices are a fallacy of false dichotomy.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
I just saw a UFO

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2012, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2012 03:10 PM by Luminon.)
RE: I just saw a UFO
All right, another sighting. Again, a weird thing to see in the sky.

It was today, 15:25 and I waited on a bus stop. The sky was clear.

The object I saw was big, it looked like two silver cigar-like objects joined together by something darker, this is why it was longer. The darker patch in the middle might have been a shade of wings, except I didn't see any wings and it didn't look like a jet liner.

As usual, it didn't leave a hint of smoke or condensation trail, nothing. Even when airplanes don't leave a trail, there's a short tail of vapor behind them that immediately dissolves. This one didn't have anything like that.

And the weirdest thing of all, this object didn't fly straight towards the horizon. It weirded me out, but it actually gained altitude pretty fast! (I'd say about 20-30° upwards) I saw it at one moment starting to fly away and uphill and it became quite small well before it got any close to the horizon.
When it was up, it all flared up with golden light like a daylight star, that was probably a reflection from the sun on its shiny surface. Then it was too far away, just a brighter dot and I lost it and the bus was coming.

Frankly, I have never seen any airplane that would ever noticeably increase altitude. Till this day, they all just flew from one side of horizon to another, less or more painting the sky with contrails.
Hell, this was the first UFO I saw clearly going upwards, in daylight, from a sideways direction.
Of course, there's no way I could capture this on my cell phone camera, anyway I had to look away every once a while to judge the distance and altitude and then finding it back wasn't easy even with my eyes. It was quite a coincidence that I remembered to look at the sky, maybe because I was just thinking about the subject.

That would be about fourth or fifth sighting this year, what the hell is happening? I kept looking for UFOs for years since childhood (a family hobby) but never saw anything except for some very early and unreliable memories. This is like a travesty of sky observation, it makes fun of all extraterrestrial secrecy, flight corridors and air space security.
I don't know how about coming of end times, I have always hoped for coming of the beginning times.

So, here's one of my favorite songs by one Israeli downtempo band. I must say, I never saw any disk-shaped aircraft, unless they were all sideways Smile

Yes, I know the big spaceship around the end of video is someone's piece of art.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2012, 06:37 PM
(28-08-2012 03:05 PM)Luminon Wrote:  All right, another sighting. Again, a weird thing to see in the sky.

It was today, 15:25 and I waited on a bus stop. The sky was clear.

The object I saw was big, it looked like two silver cigar-like objects joined together by something darker, this is why it was longer. The darker patch in the middle might have been a shade of wings, except I didn't see any wings and it didn't look like a jet liner.

As usual, it didn't leave a hint of smoke or condensation trail, nothing. Even when airplanes don't leave a trail, there's a short tail of vapor behind them that immediately dissolves. This one didn't have anything like that.

And the weirdest thing of all, this object didn't fly straight towards the horizon. It weirded me out, but it actually gained altitude pretty fast! (I'd say about 20-30° upwards) I saw it at one moment starting to fly away and uphill and it became quite small well before it got any close to the horizon.
When it was up, it all flared up with golden light like a daylight star, that was probably a reflection from the sun on its shiny surface. Then it was too far away, just a brighter dot and I lost it and the bus was coming.

Frankly, I have never seen any airplane that would ever noticeably increase altitude. Till this day, they all just flew from one side of horizon to another, less or more painting the sky with contrails.
Hell, this was the first UFO I saw clearly going upwards, in daylight, from a sideways direction.
Of course, there's no way I could capture this on my cell phone camera, anyway I had to look away every once a while to judge the distance and altitude and then finding it back wasn't easy even with my eyes. It was quite a coincidence that I remembered to look at the sky, maybe because I was just thinking about the subject.

That would be about fourth or fifth sighting this year, what the hell is happening? I kept looking for UFOs for years since childhood (a family hobby) but never saw anything except for some very early and unreliable memories. This is like a travesty of sky observation, it makes fun of all extraterrestrial secrecy, flight corridors and air space security.
I don't know how about coming of end times, I have always hoped for coming of the beginning times.

So, here's one of my favorite songs by one Israeli downtempo band. I must say, I never saw any disk-shaped aircraft, unless they were all sideways Smile

Yes, I know the big spaceship around the end of video is someone's piece of art.

Video or it didn't happen.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-08-2012, 02:25 AM
(28-08-2012 06:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  Video or it didn't happen.
OK, from now on I stop considering UFOs anything special worth seeing and I'll look at them only through the camera, spectacular view be damned.

Btw, did you ever see something that you weren't able to prove?

Just to be clear, hopefully we all know that things happen or don't happen regardless if we believe or disbelieve in them or if we have or haven't a video of them.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
29-08-2012, 06:02 AM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2012 06:08 AM by Vosur.)
(29-08-2012 02:25 AM)Luminon Wrote:  Btw, did you ever see something that you weren't able to prove?

Just to be clear, hopefully we all know that things happen or don't happen regardless if we believe or disbelieve in them or if we have or haven't a video of them.
Hallucinations, for example, cannot be captured by a camera. If you were to provide us with a video, we would be able to exclude most influences caused by a distortion of your view. Next time you should carry a camera with you. Until then, your report is merely based on anecdotal evidence and possibly influenced by different factors.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
29-08-2012, 07:43 AM
(29-08-2012 02:25 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 06:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  Video or it didn't happen.
OK, from now on I stop considering UFOs anything special worth seeing and I'll look at them only through the camera, spectacular view be damned.

Eyewitness testimony absent physical evidence just isn't worth much. The human mind is too easily fooled.

And believing something happened doesn't mean that it did happen.

29-08-2012, 07:58 AM
I just saw a UFO
(29-08-2012 07:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-08-2012 02:25 AM)Luminon Wrote:  OK, from now on I stop considering UFOs anything special worth seeing and I'll look at them only through the camera, spectacular view be damned.

Eyewitness testimony absent physical evidence just isn't worth much. The human mind is too easily fooled.

What if you happen to believe something? Consider

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
29-08-2012, 08:43 AM
(29-08-2012 07:58 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(29-08-2012 07:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  Eyewitness testimony absent physical evidence just isn't worth much. The human mind is too easily fooled.

What if you happen to believe something? Consider

Do you happen to believe something that happened or that didn't happen? Did it just happen to happen, or did you believe it had to happen?

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-08-2012, 08:46 AM
I just saw a UFO
(29-08-2012 08:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-08-2012 07:58 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  What if you happen to believe something? Consider

Do you happen to believe something that happened or that didn't happen? Did it just happen to happen, or did you believe it had to happen?

I can't remember now. No

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
29-08-2012, 08:58 AM
(29-08-2012 08:46 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(29-08-2012 08:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  Do you happen to believe something that happened or that didn't happen? Did it just happen to happen, or did you believe it had to happen?

I can't remember now. No

That happens.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
29-08-2012, 10:12 AM
What about my incident? I verified with a witness, but no video. Ive never had other hallucinations and I'm not particularly into UFO culture or anything. Hmmm? Seriously, I don't know what to think about this and I realize it's a bit of a hearsay story.