Poll: What do you think the object was?
Something you know (please explain)
Impossible to tell, due to vague description.
Could be anything, there's a plenty of things in the sky like that.
Extraterrestrials.
These choices are a fallacy of false dichotomy.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
I just saw a UFO

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2012, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2012 06:36 PM by fstratzero.)
RE: I just saw a UFO
After I borrowed a telescope I was able to identify UFO's. Most of the time it's an aircraft, or some strangely lit cloud. Honestly I don't think I've ever seen a light that was unidentifiable.

I live near an air-force base where they test things all the time. So it's not unusual to see something in the night sky.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Clearly strange lights that move in funny ways in the night sky must have come from a galaxy far far away...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
19-08-2012, 03:37 PM
It was the US Air Force looking to blow up your ass. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
19-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Do what Vosur's video stated: filming it if it comes back. I don't mind crappy video - just as long as it's not crappy audio! Yes

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
19-08-2012, 10:53 PM
It'll be a prototype aircraft of some kind, I'd say...

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
19-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Sorry to interject but...

UFO; Unidentified Flying Object, that's it's meaning right?

If you see UFO and call it that.... doesn't that mean you are identifying it? ..... as an unidentified object.... that flies?

....I just felt like being a part of things ....

[Image: peacock-spider-dance-o.gif]
The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
19-08-2012, 11:36 PM
I thought I posted this before and was going to link, but I can't find. Maybe I was going to but stopped so I didn't come off as a crazy when I first joined TTA. So much for preventing that Tongue

So, one time I was laying in the back of a pick up truck with my friend. It was just after the law that changed this from legal to illegal. We were catching a ride to my friend's sister's apartment and we were the odd man out for how many seats were in the cab. So the truck just parked in the parking lot and we were about to get out and this UFO came and hovered above us. It zoomed in and looked just like the stereotypical UFO- disk shaped, the centre spinning one way the exterior the other way and lots of lights. It was fairly silent. It hovered for about 5 seconds and neither of us said a word. It then zoomed off in a flash, very silently, and we couldn't see it in the sky anywhere, pretty well instantly. After a moment I asked her if she just saw that too, and she did. We asked our friends if they saw it and no one else did. People thought we were just making it up. We weren't on drugs or drinking. It happened. No evidence though. Thumbsup

I asked her about this about a year ago, and she remembers it too (it happened about 10 years ago). She is an evangelical Christian now (wasn't back then, just a so-so believer), but she still remembers and she doesn't really want to talk about it. She thinks evil.

I think it's cool, makes me wonder what kind of intelligent human agency or ET is out there. If it wasn't for someone else there with me who still remembers, I'd think I was crazy or remembering something from my imagination. I probably sound crazy now. And, I hope nothing happens to me tonight while I sleep Confused
[+] 4 users Like LadyJane's post
19-08-2012, 11:45 PM
(19-08-2012 11:36 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I thought I posted this before and was going to link, but I can't find. Maybe I was going to but stopped so I didn't come off as a crazy when I first joined TTA. So much for preventing that Tongue

So, one time I was laying in the back of a pick up truck with my friend. It was just after the law that changed this from legal to illegal. We were catching a ride to my friend's sister's apartment and we were the odd man out for how many seats were in the cab. So the truck just parked in the parking lot and we were about to get out and this UFO came and hovered above us. It zoomed in and looked just like the stereotypical UFO- disk shaped, the centre spinning one way the exterior the other way and lots of lights. It was fairly silent. It hovered for about 5 seconds and neither of us said a word. It then zoomed off in a flash, very silently, and we couldn't see it in the sky anywhere, pretty well instantly. After a moment I asked her if she just saw that too, and she did. We asked our friends if they saw it and no one else did. People thought we were just making it up. We weren't on drugs or drinking. It happened. No evidence though. Thumbsup

I asked her about this about a year ago, and she remembers it too (it happened about 10 years ago). She is an evangelical Christian now (wasn't back then, just a so-so believer), but she still remembers and she doesn't really want to talk about it. She thinks evil.

I think it's cool, makes me wonder what kind of intelligent human agency or ET is out there. If it wasn't for someone else there with me who still remembers, I'd think I was crazy or remembering something from my imagination. I probably sound crazy now. And, I hope nothing happens to me tonight while I sleep Confused

I wish shit like that would happen to me!
Do you live near any airbases?

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
20-08-2012, 12:05 AM
(19-08-2012 11:45 PM)aurora Wrote:  
(19-08-2012 11:36 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I thought I posted this before and was going to link, but I can't find. Maybe I was going to but stopped so I didn't come off as a crazy when I first joined TTA. So much for preventing that Tongue

I wish shit like that would happen to me!
Do you live near any airbases?

No. And the apartment was smack dab right in the middle of the city, it wasn't a secluded place at all. I always pictured stuff like that happening in the middle of no where.

The province I live in has a town that has the first official UFO landing pad for earth, lol.
20-08-2012, 12:15 AM
There is too much light pollution where I live to see the night sky clearly Sad

Id love to see something like that though Confused

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.