Poll: What do you think the object was?
Something you know (please explain)
Impossible to tell, due to vague description.
Could be anything, there's a plenty of things in the sky like that.
Extraterrestrials.
These choices are a fallacy of false dichotomy.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
I just saw a UFO

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2012, 05:40 AM
RE: I just saw a UFO
(19-08-2012 11:36 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  .... I probably sound crazy now.

Probably?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
20-08-2012, 05:52 AM
I just saw a UFO
(20-08-2012 05:40 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Probably?

Oh no you didn't. Confused

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
20-08-2012, 05:55 AM
(20-08-2012 05:52 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(20-08-2012 05:40 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Probably?

Oh no you didn't. Confused

[Image: 9509948.jpg]

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
20-08-2012, 05:55 AM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2012 07:05 AM by FSM_scot.)
I've seen 3 or 4 Ufos in my lifetime. I seriously doubt they are alien craft but can't rule it out as it is a possibility. Even if it is an incredibly small one.

One of the first ones was when I was young. We were traveling back from England after a Holliday. And we spotted a fireball travelling across the sky. We never found out what it was but It made the news. I'd post the story but can't find it.

another was a silver spherical shaped object. It wasnt moving I looked away for a second so I could point it out to a friend by the time I looked back it was gone.

The weirdest one has to be when I was out with some friends one night, one of them pointed up saying what's that?. So I look up and there is about 4 or 5 objects that looked like white dots very high up slowly moving in different directions sometime changing direction others moving back the way it came. I have no explanation for this sighting.

Edit. Only the last one was at night, the other 2 were witnessed during the day.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
20-08-2012, 05:59 AM
(20-08-2012 05:55 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  .... I have no explanation for this sighting.

Special Brew?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
20-08-2012, 06:10 AM
I am an amateur astronomer and have spent a fair amount of time observing the night sky through telescopes, binoculars, and naked eye. I am a practiced observer.

Observing luminous objects in the night sky leads to all sorts of visual miscues - things that are stationary appear to move, things that are moving steadily appear to change velocity/direction. These are artifacts of our visual perception system and I have experienced them.

When the ISS goes over, it is a majestic sight, almost surreal. If its path intersects that of a satellite, the perception of the relative motions can get hinky. In fact, I observed the ISS and sighted 4 satellites during the pass; very cool, but the paths and speeds can get the mind a bit confused about what is moving and what is still.

Eyewitness accounts are not completely reliable, even from practiced or trained observers.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
20-08-2012, 07:02 AM
(20-08-2012 05:59 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Special Brew?

Big Grin Nah it was from my pre drinking days.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
20-08-2012, 08:45 AM
(20-08-2012 05:40 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Probably?

Oh, crap! I left out the part where they came back a few minutes later and I became BFF's with the leader. You might get a special visit this week... at night... when you're sleeping.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
20-08-2012, 04:18 PM
(20-08-2012 08:45 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(20-08-2012 05:40 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Probably?

Oh, crap! I left out the part where they came back a few minutes later and I became BFF's with the leader. You might get a special visit this week... at night... when you're sleeping.

I look forward to it.
It's been a while since I had a decent anal probe.

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
24-08-2012, 08:28 PM
(19-08-2012 03:44 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Do what Vosur's video stated: filming it if it comes back. I don't mind crappy video - just as long as it's not crappy audio! Yes
Today my mom woke me up early because there was something in the sky in daylight. Turns out it was Jupiter, as we thought. You see, sometimes it pays off to have astrologic training and sky chart software installed.
Next time she'll leave me sleeping unless the object at least moves around or something.

I think I never see anything impressive, because I pretty much live in the middle of nowhere. In every issue of the independent press I get, there are pretty impressive photographs, witness accounts and Youtube links of huge, colourful, maneuvering, glowing and shape-shifting spaceships over major world's cities.
I guess the silvery cigar-shaped objects I saw this year were just some auxilliary ships, not for showing off to the public.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post