Poll: What do you think the object was?
Something you know (please explain)
Impossible to tell, due to vague description.
Could be anything, there's a plenty of things in the sky like that.
Extraterrestrials.
These choices are a fallacy of false dichotomy.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
I just saw a UFO

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2012, 09:24 PM
RE: I just saw a UFO
(24-08-2012 08:28 PM)Luminon Wrote:  Today my mom woke me up early because there was something in the sky in daylight. Turns out it was Jupiter, as we thought. You see, sometimes it pays off to have astrologic astronomical training and sky chart software installed.

Fixed.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2012, 09:28 PM
(24-08-2012 08:28 PM)Luminon Wrote:  I think I never see anything impressive, because I pretty much live in the middle of nowhere. In every issue of the independent press [Woo-woo mags] I get, there are pretty impressive photographs [Photshopped], witness accounts [notoriously unreliable] and Youtube links of huge, colourful, maneuvering, glowing and shape-shifting spaceships over major world's cities [all debunked].
I guess the silvery cigar-shaped objects I saw this year were just some auxilliary ships, not for showing off to the public. [insert more believable explanation here]

Fixed.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
24-08-2012, 09:37 PM
(24-08-2012 09:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-08-2012 08:28 PM)Luminon Wrote:  I think I never see anything impressive, because I pretty much live in the middle of nowhere. In every issue of the independent press [Woo-woo mags] I get, there are pretty impressive photographs [Photshopped], witness accounts [notoriously unreliable] and Youtube links of huge, colourful, maneuvering, glowing and shape-shifting spaceships over major world's cities [all debunked].
I guess the silvery cigar-shaped objects I saw this year were just some auxilliary ships, not for showing off to the public. [insert more believable explanation here]

Fixed.

Did you get a job at wikipedia yet? You could help them with their needed citations.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
24-08-2012, 09:42 PM
pffft... is obviously jebus checking things out before his second coming... THE END IS NIGH!!!

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
24-08-2012, 09:47 PM
I just saw a UFO
(24-08-2012 09:42 PM)nach_in Wrote:  pffft... is obviously jebus checking things out before his second coming... THE END IS NIGH!!!

Speaking of the End, I just went outside to see if I could see any UFOs. Sadly, all I saw was Uranus! Weeping

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
24-08-2012, 10:05 PM
(24-08-2012 09:47 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(24-08-2012 09:42 PM)nach_in Wrote:  pffft... is obviously jebus checking things out before his second coming... THE END IS NIGH!!!

Speaking of the End, I just went outside to see if I could see any UFOs. Sadly, all I saw was Uranus! Weeping

you're long sighted peeping tom uh? Shocking

see what I did there? see? yeah... it's not funny... Confused

[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
24-08-2012, 10:40 PM
I just saw a UFO
(24-08-2012 10:05 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(24-08-2012 09:47 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Speaking of the End, I just went outside to see if I could see any UFOs. Sadly, all I saw was Uranus! Weeping

you're long sighted peeping tom uh? Shocking

see what I did there? see? yeah... it's not funny... Confused

No. It's not funny. Yet, still I lol'd. Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
24-08-2012, 10:44 PM
[Image: success_baby.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
25-08-2012, 09:28 PM

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
25-08-2012, 09:47 PM

Damn he used my iPhone / Witch-burning gag! I'll have to hope my students haven't seen this