I just want to bitch about Google Chrome and Windows 8

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2014, 06:36 PM
Screw the shit bags that make my life so annoying on a regular fucking basis. I want to slam my head into a chainsaw because I have been digging into this shit all day and I haven't found an actual working solution.

I got a new laptop, it's a simple Gateway with windows 8. Downloaded Google Chrome for it and Chrome was so slow (On top of Chrome being slow, it seems as if the extensions I have aren't working either because ad links are everywhere, but only on this website- Youtube and Facebook are fine for me.) IE10 was faster than Chrome. I searched around online for anything remedies, changed the proxy settings under the web browser advanced settings, changed LAN settings, disabled browser extensions. Chrome isn't as slow as it was, but it's still laggy like fuck and it's driving me insane.

I also know it isn't my internet because my mom recently bumped up our internet and all of the other devices in this fine are working quite fast. But just as a test, I disconnected all devices from the internet whereas my laptop and the main computer hosting the wifi were the only devices connected, and it didn't help, so I know it isn't my internet.

I noticed something that's irritating me that I can't fix, and I feel like it might be the problem, but I know of literally no way to fix it. I found a fix only about making sure Chome is compatible with Windows 8. Right clicking on Chrome, I click properties, and under the Compatibility tab I can choose a form of Windows to make the browser compatible with. Except there's no choice at all for fucking Windows 8, just Windows 7. So I'm running it under Windows 7, and it's okay. I'm not satisfied. It's still somewhat laggy and it's making me really angry.

On top of that, I've only had this laptop for like two days. I restarted and updated the laptop today for the very first time today, and Windows had to configure 80 updates. Once the updates had finished installing, my laptop went on loop from "Restarting..." and "Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Please do not turn off your computer." I let this go on for about an hour because I didn't want to turn it off and fuck shit up, but it was apparent it was already fucked up, so I turned it off. After turning it back on, it reconfigured the updates like nothing was wrong at all, restarted twice more, and booted up perfectly fine.

Basically I just really fucking technology.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2014, 09:19 PM
It's Windows 8. Start -> Run -> eventvwr or event viewer, and hit enter.

Google the errors there, you're probably going to see a DCOM error.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
02-06-2014, 09:33 PM
RE: I just want to bitch about Google Chrome and Windows 8
I have little to no idea about technology so I am not going to ask you to decipher any of the above but the last line needs clarification.

There is definitely a word missing but 'love' or 'hate'... I'm not sure?

(02-06-2014 06:36 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  ...
Basically I just really fucking technology.

Should it be:
a) Basically I just really fucking hate technology.
or
b) Basically I just really love fucking technology.

Huh

If the latter, I think you should check your ports for viruses.

Blush

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
02-06-2014, 09:42 PM
If crazy enough to buy Windows 8, you are not allowed to bitch.

Suck it up cupcake.
02-06-2014, 09:58 PM
(02-06-2014 09:42 PM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  If crazy enough to buy Windows 8, you are not allowed to bitch.

Suck it up cupcake.

[Image: 3e8u2edy.jpg]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
02-06-2014, 10:53 PM
I tried using Windows 8 once before.

It made me want to kill myself.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
02-06-2014, 11:01 PM
(02-06-2014 09:42 PM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  If crazy enough to buy Windows 8, you are not allowed to bitch.

Suck it up cupcake.

Except that you don't have a choice. Facepalm

Truth seeker.
02-06-2014, 11:05 PM
(02-06-2014 11:01 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  

Suck it up cupcake.

She said she just got a laptop, so it's unclear whether Ferdy chose the OS or not. Most manufactures will have options for the older OS. I mean they only officially stopped supporting XP this year.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
02-06-2014, 11:57 PM
I bought a lappy that has W8 on it. Firsts thing I did was download "Classic Shell" to get rid of that stupid fucking "Mosaic" or whatever shit, so it looks and mostly acts like previous versions of WinDoze.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
03-06-2014, 02:19 AM
(02-06-2014 11:01 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  

Suck it up cupcake.

Yes, you do.
1. Go in the BIOS.
2. Disable "secure boot".
3. Buy an OEM copy of Windows 7 (you can find them for as little as 30 $).
4. Install it.

Or just replace steps 3 and 4 with:
3. Download Linux Mint / Ubuntu
4. Install it