I just want to bitch about Google Chrome and Windows 8

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2014, 07:47 AM
RE: I just want to bitch about Google Chrome and Windows 8
(08-06-2014 11:13 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Meh, windows 8 is annoying. I use it now because a friend of mine, who is no longer my friend, told me it was good.

On a first reading, I took this to mean you were no longer friends because he recommended Windows 8. Tongue

(09-06-2014 02:04 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  Yeah I had to google how to shut windows 8 down. Can you believe it? Sadcryface

Oh, I understand. At work, we're migrating all of our test and dev servers (and eventually prod servers) to Server 2012, which is basically the server version of Windows 8. So, I'm trying to figure out how to replicate a bunch of crap that we did on Server 2003 to 2012, and the UI change is drastic in some cases. I've seen Windows 8 before, but I've never used it, so it took a bit of fucking around before I found the Start menu (putting your mouse in the bottom right of the screen). This is particularly annoying since I connect to the servers via Remote Desktop, and the default resolution and window size means that I have to scroll both down and right to get to the actual bottom right of the screen.

I am glad that out of everyone on our team, I have to least to do with actually configuring and running the servers. I mostly develop stuff on my machine and move it there when it's ready to test and deploy, so this is mostly an occasional inconvenience.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2014, 07:41 PM
I just want to bitch about Google Chrome and Windows 8
I don't have the energy to have a full Mac/PC debate. But I will say, I've owned both at the same time. Comparing them side by side I by Far prefer Mac. And Good stay on PC. If apple turned out to be the majority then apple would be the one with the virus problems. Enjoy running your virus scans, installing your drivers, converting file formats, using multiple browsers, and dealing with constant pop-ups

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
12-06-2014, 06:58 PM
Well for a week now I've hardly had any problems. I've experienced a couple of freeze ups (but I realized why my computer froze and a restart solved the problem) and the few problems I have experienced are normal, harmless, and easily adjustable.

Whenever I first got this dumb windows 8 gateway laptop, IT WAS SO SLOW AND LAGGY. It seriously made me want to pull my hair out. I brought up task manager and noticed that my computer was using 90-99% CPU and I was like WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON.

Eventually, I found a couple of programs that start running at start up that were using a shit ton of CPU, ended them little fuckers, and now my computer runs normally.

I still hate Windows 8 though. It's just annoying and it even looks fucking dumb.
12-06-2014, 07:04 PM
(12-06-2014 06:58 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Well for a week now I've hardly had any problems. I've experienced a couple of freeze ups (but I realized why my computer froze and a restart solved the problem) and the few problems I have experienced are normal, harmless, and easily adjustable.

Whenever I first got this dumb windows 8 gateway laptop, IT WAS SO SLOW AND LAGGY. It seriously made me want to pull my hair out. I brought up task manager and noticed that my computer was using 90-99% CPU and I was like WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON.

Eventually, I found a couple of programs that start running at start up that were using a shit ton of CPU, ended them little fuckers, and now my computer runs normally.

I still hate Windows 8 though. It's just annoying and it even looks fucking dumb.

So it's the Ferdi of OS's then?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
12-06-2014, 07:38 PM
(12-06-2014 07:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 06:58 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Well for a week now I've hardly had any problems. I've experienced a couple of freeze ups (but I realized why my computer froze and a restart solved the problem) and the few problems I have experienced are normal, harmless, and easily adjustable.

So it's the Ferdi of OS's then?

Do you want to die, Rev?
12-06-2014, 07:51 PM
(12-06-2014 07:38 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 07:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  So it's the Ferdi of OS's then?

Do you want to die, Rev?

13-06-2014, 03:58 AM

Win 8's mosaic app bullshit interface makes me want to remove my eyeballs with ice-cream scoops... Frusty

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]