I kinda wanna talk about my being a fatass.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2017, 06:43 PM
RE: I kinda wanna talk about my being a fatass.
(02-07-2017 06:20 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Given several of the posts here, I should prolly put a high priority on getting all my hormones checked by my Dr and placed in balance along with diet (aka eating healthy, not like dieting just eating properly for my weight and goals) and exercise

I think I already asked you about your T levels and they were in normal range which could mean that too much of your T is going to E. A sure sign is if you got man titties. There are herbal anti-aromatase inhibitors which prevent testosterone from converting to estrogen to feed the man titties. Some like grape seed extract and tongkat ali are as powerful as Tamoxifen and Arimidex and the drugs used to treat breast cancer. White button mushrooms are also suprisingly strong aromatase inhibitors. Broccoli too. You could try adding a shitload of button mushrooms to your diet and see if you start losing weight.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-07-2017, 06:52 PM
(02-07-2017 06:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-07-2017 06:20 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Given several of the posts here, I should prolly put a high priority on getting all my hormones checked by my Dr and placed in balance along with diet (aka eating healthy, not like dieting just eating properly for my weight and goals) and exercise

I think I already asked you about your T levels and they were in normal range which could mean that too much of your T is going to E. A sure sign is if you got man titties. There are herbal anti-aromatase inhibitors which prevent testosterone from converting to estrogen to feed the man titties. Some like grape seed extract and tongkat ali are as powerful as Tamoxifen and Arimidex and the drugs used to treat breast cancer. White button mushrooms are also suprisingly strong aromatase inhibitors. Broccoli too. You could try adding a shitload of button mushrooms to your diet and see if you start losing weight.

You mean not in the normal range, and at no point in my life were they in the normal range not even when I was younger and skinnier. And yes I do have a little man bewbies goin on now, though.... I didn't when I got tested over time tho yes that did start to happen.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
02-07-2017, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2017 07:15 PM by GirlyMan.)
(02-07-2017 06:52 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(02-07-2017 06:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think I already asked you about your T levels and they were in normal range which could mean that too much of your T is going to E. A sure sign is if you got man titties. There are herbal anti-aromatase inhibitors which prevent testosterone from converting to estrogen to feed the man titties. Some like grape seed extract and tongkat ali are as powerful as Tamoxifen and Arimidex and the drugs used to treat breast cancer. White button mushrooms are also suprisingly strong aromatase inhibitors. Broccoli too. You could try adding a shitload of button mushrooms to your diet and see if you start losing weight.

You mean not in the normal range, and at no point in my life were they in the normal range not even when I was younger and skinnier. And yes I do have a little man bewbies goin on now, though.... I didn't when I got tested over time tho yes that did start to happen.

Ah, think I remember now. You couldn't tolerate the testosterone injections. Made you feel like shit if memory serves. Even more reason to keep what you got from converting to estrogen. I pretty much follow a diet suggested for breast cancer patients and survivors.

#sigh
02-07-2017, 08:16 PM
(01-07-2017 09:20 AM)adey67 Wrote:  My take on this is predictably politically incorrect and straightforward, barring hormonal problems immobility certain drug therapies, psychiatric/addiction issues and metabolic disorders I follow my dear old grandmas axiom which was a down to earth Lancastrian saying "Where there's fat there's food" eating less and being active will solve obesity for most people

(02-07-2017 11:08 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-07-2017 11:06 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The problem is not the water. It's the tea absorbing flouride from the soil. Too Much Tea Leads Detroit Woman To Fluoride Overdose

I'm 60 now...you aren't taking my sweet tea from me...I have to have something to live for. Dodgy

I made like three gallons of cold brewed tea for a party recently and most of it got used. I used ten PG tips tea bags and let it sit in the sun all afternoon in about two gallons of water. Next day I cut up some spearmint and chopped up two lemons into slices and threw them along with a bunch of ice into a serving thingy with a spigot. Got to do that again. No sugar needed at all.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
02-07-2017, 08:50 PM
(02-07-2017 08:16 PM)whateverist Wrote:  I made like three gallons of cold brewed tea for a party recently and most of it got used. I used ten PG tips tea bags and let it sit in the sun all afternoon in about two gallons of water. Next day I cut up some spearmint and chopped up two lemons into slices and threw them along with a bunch of ice into a serving thingy with a spigot. Got to do that again. No sugar needed at all.

Sun tea was hugely popular some years back and I tried all sorts of things to make it palatable to me. The spearmint and lemon sounds like something I would like for something special and different.

I add mango puree or pure mango juice when I can get it to mine and like that tea and mango combination a lot.

Drooling

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-07-2017, 02:28 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2017 03:34 AM by Aractus.)
(01-07-2017 07:36 AM)JesseB Wrote:  Recently I've done a lot of research and found some fascinating stuff about how the body processes food. About hormones involved in weight gain/loss ect.

I've gone through dozens of reports, and studies, and really listened to my doctors who never seem willing to elaborate on the things they mention (which frustrates me to no end. I'm a nerd and I need real tangible data to feel comfortable if nothing else). While I've gone through tons of information, I want to go over a few main points, and thankfully I have found 3 video's that cover those points reasonably well I think. They will be attached below.

I learned about the chemical process the body uses to burn fat (you literally breath out fat as CO2 so the air you breath out is... the exhaust from burning the fuel that is your food/fat, quite fascinating really). Another interesting thing I learned is, eating fat won't make you any more/less fat than eating anything else. All food you put in your body has to go through the exact same changes to be used by your body, including fat. I say this is interesting because we were all lied to about low fat diets, my parents always told me that any fat you eat goes straight to your belly, which simply isn't true. In fact it was the shift away from eating fats, replacing those fats in our diet with bread (mainly) and carbs that caused the obesity epidemic we see today. Low fat diets made us fat lol go figure, and there was never any evidence suggesting a low fat diet was good for people when they started pushing it, it's just.... grain is cheaper to make than cows.

Most of that is pretty much true. I am actually shocked by advice that doctors give - my mum's doctor quite literally told her to do things that are well outside of the AGTHE. And that was about a month ago. And the thing is that people have such strongly held beliefs about diet that they're not going to seek out information from people qualified if they don't think they have to, and yeah I have a very good mind to talk to this doctor as to why he thinks he should be telling his patients to follow a diet that is clearly not suited to their lifestyles.

Quote:The disappointing thing I've learned about weight loss is, there's no fucking short cut. You burn 1/3 the energy when you sleep and about 3x the energy when you exercise (rough averages from a limited number of samples). And in a day you prolly burn about 1 candy bar worth of weight just sitting at rest (not including the weight you take on from eating). So exercising that same amount of time you'll burn about 3 candy bars a day, that's so fucking slow.... (cry). So eat less exercise more really is the way to do it, unfortunately. It's a game of commitment and endurance. I'll be honest, I was kinda looking for a science based short cut since all the info out there is pseudoscience bullshit.

There are two strategies in particular that are known to work quite well.

Quote:However there is another component involved in weight loss and that's hormones, specifically one hormone. Insulin. This one is very important to me as I am Diabetic, and I've learned some fascinating things about this hormone, it's effects on the body and the ideal kind of diet for someone like me (technically it's pretty much the ideal diet for anyone but if you're not insulin resistant/diabetic you can eat any diet without much fuss as long as it's not over eating).

Insulin is a hunger hormone. Type 2 Diabetes makes it much more difficult for people who want to lose weight. The "ideal diet" you may be referring to is DASH, or maybe you mean the Mediterranean diet. They're both more restrictive than the healthy eating guide.

Quote:So increasing insulin triggers your body to attempt to store more of the food you eat as fat, and makes you uncontrollably hungry all the fucking time. This only makes you MORE insulin resistant over time... yea, nice little death-spiral here.

Yeah that's why a successful weight-loss diet needs to manage the hunger aspect. But some people face such a terrible hunger that I suspect it's unrealistic for them to lose weight.

The other thing that you've left out is leptin. While you're obese your body produces the correct amount of it. But when you loose weight you don't loose fat cells (you just deplete them) and consequently your body produces not enough leptin to starve off hunger.

Keep in mind that both leptin and ghrelin were discovered in the mid-late 90's, they weren't even known to exist before then.

Quote:It is FAR outside a persons ability to control and the urges are beyond overwhelming, but many skinny fucks are stupid and just assume fat people are lazy or lack self control. This of course sucks cause you can't win with them (my parents are a good example of this they hate fat people).

It's not that they're stupid, it's that they hold a stigma. As per my short video:

Quote:And yet, lack of self control is possibly almost never the culprit here. None of us knew eating so much bread (cereal for breakfast anyone?) would cause almost half the population to become insulin resistant which in turn is the single greatest direct cause of obesity in this country.... well.... none of us normal fucks, I'd be willing to bet the farmers and CEO's in charge of pushing this poison down our throats all these years knew. Just like with tobacco.

That point is not correct. Additive sugars though are very harmful.

Quote:The thing is you need fat to live, you need amino acids and proteins to live, you need some vitamins and minerals too to live. The one food you eat that you need absolutely 0 of is carbs. You could have a 0 carb diet your whole life and be perfectly healthy. And for someone like me, low carb or no carb is the ONLY way to be healthy. I wish I knew this 30 years ago, or someone told my mom this, she's been on an anti fat campaign my entire life and as a result caused the thing she hates more than anything (obesity).

Again, not evidence-based. Low carb diets are suitable for some people, but mostly for very active people and athletes. Our closest biological relatives are Chimps so have a look at their diet - they eat mostly carbs, more than we do in fact.

Quote:These are my findings, it's damn near impossible to find anything even remotely reliable (or that meets the rigorous standards used in science) regarding to food and diet.

No it isn't, I'm happy to forward you information. Or better still you could talk to a dietician and have them help you with your diet - it will help if you keep a food diary before going to see them for about a week, otherwise that's the first thing they will ask you to do. It's much more accurate than doing a 24hr food recall.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-07-2017, 02:42 AM
(02-07-2017 06:23 PM)JesseB Wrote:  I'm totally cool with anyone that wants to share good recipe's and strategies on shopping (healthy and cheap) and how to store food, and how to plan meals.... No one ever taught me this stuff and It's harder than it sounds/seems.

Quorn products. They are a meat replacement product for vegetarians but I just have them because they are tasty. Note they do not taste like meat. But I can recommend the Quorn saussages. They are super tasty and two of them are only 125 calories.

Zucchini spaghetti:
Buy zucchini.
Wash zucchini.
Take vegetable peeler in one hand and zucchini in other hand.
Start "peeling" and do not stop peeling until you reach the core. That gives you long zucchini strands.
Make your usual spaghetti sauce.
Put zucchini strands in hot water for just 1 minute.
Serve zucchini spaghetti with your spaghetti sauce.

Jelly
Get a chocolate / candy mold of your choice
Buy gelaton
Buy artificial sweetener
Get a fruitjuice of your choice.
Soak gelaton (or prepare as per packaging)
Mix with your fruit of choice.
Sweeten with sweetener if you want to.
--- If you don't want any calories in your jellies, use artificial flavours and food colouring instead of juice
Pour that whole thing in your mold. wait to set. Done.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -