I know correlation doesn't imply causation but...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2013, 10:45 AM
RE: I know correlation doesn't imply causation but...
(15-04-2013 10:16 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  You should know the drill by now: Pix or it didn't happen. Drinking Beverage

Down boy Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2013, 11:40 AM
(15-04-2013 09:38 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's like being tired up and knowing that your completely vulnerable to the person who tied you up. That total loss of control can be terrifying but in the right hands can be freeing too.
Totally offtopic, but what the heck, a thread about corelation and causation is the perfect place to do it.

So, I'm wondering, is it freeing in the same way that religion or blindly following orders make your feel "free", because nothing is up to you anymore and there is no need to choose, decide, think?

Or were you just being your usual bawdy self? Tongue

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
15-04-2013, 11:41 AM
(15-04-2013 09:11 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 08:51 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I'm such a big pussy.

Eco-terrorist. I see trees. I got a chainsaw...

shhh....shhh....shhh...shhh. ha....ha....ha...ha Evil_monster

Must save the forests! I of course mean paleoforests but still Big Grin

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
15-04-2013, 03:22 PM
(15-04-2013 10:42 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 10:16 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  You should know the drill by now: Pix or it didn't happen. Drinking Beverage

And I should risk the ban hammer falling on me for that?
I was only pointing out the irony of being tied up.

(15-04-2013 11:40 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 09:38 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's like being tired up and knowing that your completely vulnerable to the person who tied you up. That total loss of control can be terrifying but in the right hands can be freeing too.
Totally offtopic, but what the heck, a thread about corelation and causation is the perfect place to do it.

So, I'm wondering, is it freeing in the same way that religion or blindly following orders make your feel "free", because nothing is up to you anymore and there is no need to choose, decide, think?

Or were you just being your usual bawdy self? Tongue

Lmao!

While I'd love to argue its completely different, I suspect it's not. I'm only speaking of consensual actions here..., it's often referred as "the freedom of the ropes.". It's a feeling of being powerless -- and the release of control. There is at first a lot of struggle, then release of endorphins and sometimes a sensation of floating or mentally drifting...But it's the freedom of not being in control (which sounds completely counterintuitive) that's so oddly appealing. I can't dismiss the trust factor either. Along with the danger factor...yin yang. It's a power exchange.

But personal autonomy is restored once the subject is released. So in that regard its unlike religion or blindly following orders. Still I do know some people who live their whole lives without of any choice and they'd be the first to admit their partner becomes like their god.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-04-2013, 03:30 PM
(15-04-2013 03:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Lmao!

While I'd love to argue its completely different, I suspect it's not. I'm only speaking of consensual actions here..., it's often referred as "the freedom of the ropes.". It's a feeling of being powerless -- and the release of control. There is at first a lot of struggle, then release of endorphins and sometimes a sensation of floating or mentally drifting...But it's the freedom of not being in control (which sounds completely counterintuitive) that's so oddly appealing. I can't dismiss the trust factor either. Along with the danger factor...yin yang. It's a power exchange.

But personal autonomy is restored once the subject is released. So in that regard its unlike religion or blindly following orders. Still I do know some people who live their whole lives without of any choice and they'd be the first to admit their partner becomes like their god.

So I guess I figured some of it right. And yeah, I know it's consensual and it only lasts until the person is released.

Just being curious is all (only in theory though Big Grin )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
15-04-2013, 03:42 PM
(15-04-2013 03:30 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 03:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Lmao!

So I guess I figured some of it right. And yeah, I know it's consensual and it only lasts until the person is released.

Smile I've got a friend with a blog that kinda scared the crap out of me. Scared because she really does live that way -- but she's happy and well loved.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-04-2013, 03:57 PM
(15-04-2013 03:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 03:30 PM)Vera Wrote:  So I guess I figured some of it right. And yeah, I know it's consensual and it only lasts until the person is released.

Smile I've got a friend with a blog that kinda scared the crap out of me. Scared because she really does live that way -- but she's happy and well loved.

Do you have her number? Angel

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
15-04-2013, 06:14 PM
(15-04-2013 03:57 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 03:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Smile I've got a friend with a blog that kinda scared the crap out of me. Scared because she really does live that way -- but she's happy and well loved.

Do you have her number? Angel

She's going to be at an event in ohio next month with her Owner.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-04-2013, 05:28 PM
There you go, KC. Ever wanna illustrate the depravity of atheists, look no further. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-04-2013, 05:48 PM
(16-04-2013 05:28 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  There you go, KC. Ever wanna illustrate the depravity of atheists, look no further. Angel

Correlation does not imply causation, ya wicked googan.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel