I know why Jesus was born in Bethlehem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2016, 08:39 AM
I know why Jesus was born in Bethlehem
In the bible they say it is because they have to count the babies due to population rising, or summat like that. Some bull sh*t like that.

The real reason why Mary went to give birth in Bethlehem is because the writers of the bible wanted Jesus to be born in Bethlehem. So they made up the bit about the population count thing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2016, 09:12 AM
RE: I know why Jesus was born in Bethlehem
yup.

Although depending on which Gospel you read Mary and Joe were either going back because the census required each family go to where their family owned land, or they were living there already.

Either way it didn't happen.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
16-03-2016, 09:18 AM
(16-03-2016 08:39 AM)Kyx Wrote:  In the bible they say it is because they have to count the babies due to population rising, or summat like that. Some bull sh*t like that.

The real reason why Mary went to give birth in Bethlehem is because the writers of the bible wanted Jesus to be born in Bethlehem. So they made up the bit about the population count thing.

Try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUYRoYl7i6U

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
16-03-2016, 09:19 AM
We know for a fact there were no Roman censuses in the time span required for it to make sense. They also got the (Quirinius) part (date) wrong also. It's just one of many many screw ups that lead some to think they made the WHOLE THING up.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
16-03-2016, 09:34 AM
They didn't want to travel any further beyond Bethlehem because they knew the Three Wise Guys..... Curly, Moe and Larry, were going to get tuckered out somewhere around Bethlehem and Mary and Joe wanted to make sure they got that damned gold. The incense and myrrh....not so much.

They took the gold and went to Nepal for the next 12 years spending the gold on prostitutes for Joe and silly trinkets for Mary. They returned when the money ran out.

And that's the truth. Tongue I wrote this down on a piece of paper so it must be the truth.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
16-03-2016, 10:04 AM
I thought that they went for a Doobie Brothers concert.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
16-03-2016, 10:18 AM
(16-03-2016 10:04 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  I thought that they went for a Doobie Brothers concert.

Wait, are you replying to my Three STooges post above? The Three Stooges at a Doobie Brothers concert? ShockingHobo Holy shit.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
17-03-2016, 12:58 PM
(16-03-2016 09:19 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  We know for a fact there were no Roman censuses in the time span required for it to make sense. They also got the (Quirinius) part (date) wrong also. It's just one of many many screw ups that lead some to think they made the WHOLE THING up.

Who are these heathen blasphemers that could think such a thing?

Oh, right, us.

What do you mean Life is short. It's the longest thing you're going to do.
17-03-2016, 01:26 PM
(17-03-2016 12:58 PM)stevec Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 09:19 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  We know for a fact there were no Roman censuses in the time span required for it to make sense. They also got the (Quirinius) part (date) wrong also. It's just one of many many screw ups that lead some to think they made the WHOLE THING up.

Who are these heathen blasphemers that could think such a thing?

Oh, right, us.

Exactly. Modern society is packed with liars and hypocrites. Why would ancient people be any better at telling the truth? I'd wager they were bigger liars than we are today. I don't trust a single word in any ancient script as a result.
[+] 1 user Likes Fishbowl's post
17-03-2016, 01:45 PM
The reason that Jesus wasn't born in Hollywood????

They couldn't find three wise men or a virgin.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 7 users Like onlinebiker's post