I know you will all miss me thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2016, 06:13 AM
RE: I know you will all miss me thread.
(09-04-2016 06:07 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 09:13 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Awww, crap. I missed my chance for a "Yabut, who are you", post. Facepalm

Yabut, who are YOU?

He must've got a new girlfriend.

[Image: jocelynwildenstein-1.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
09-04-2016, 09:06 AM
Well I could say that I would miss you with all my heart but I see no reason for lying.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
09-04-2016, 11:00 AM
(09-04-2016 06:13 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(09-04-2016 06:07 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Yabut, who are YOU?

He must've got a new girlfriend.

[Image: jocelynwildenstein-1.jpg]

[Image: frabz-First-well-kill-it-with-fire-Then-...d36b7c.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
09-04-2016, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2016 11:17 AM by Full Circle.)
Every now and then someone on the forum makes a similar announcement. Most of the time it really is unwarranted for several reasons,
1) you just sound like you are looking for attention,
2) you are closing the door behind you and gains you nothing and
3) unless you made some personal connections here most won’t give a shit.

One of the few times I recall it was warranted was when Kingschosen stepped down from the board even though still he pops in here every now and then.

A few others come to mind like when War Horse http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/User-War-Horse said he was hitting the road, he had thousands of posts and had been around for some time.

Anyway, as for the OP...yabut who are you?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 6 users Like Full Circle's post
09-04-2016, 11:23 AM
Maybe he is just taking a break. I try and take breaks from TTA every once in awhile because I do spend a lot of time on here sometimes. It's addictive, but every time I try to leave I get pulled back in because someone always ends up making some interesting posts and I can't help myself Hobo I can't quit you TTA Laugh out load

I do post a "I'm taking a break" thread because I have made friends on here and thought it a courtesy to let them know that I wouldn't be on here for a bit. Especially if they know I'm going to be driving cross country by myself soon and didn't want anyone to worry about me if I wasn't checking in on here every so often. Much easier making a thread than pming 25 people. But inevitably, I get sucked back in. Tongue

Anyway, I'm hoping Paddy is just in break mode and will be back soon to grace us with his presence Big Grin
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
09-04-2016, 01:00 PM
(09-04-2016 11:13 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Every now and then someone on the forum makes a similar announcement. Most of the time it really is unwarranted for several reasons,
1) you just sound like you are looking for attention,
2) you are closing the door behind you and gains you nothing and
3) unless you made some personal connections here most won’t give a shit.

One of the few times I recall it was warranted was when Kingschosen stepped down from the board even though still he pops in here every now and then.

A few others come to mind like when War Horse http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/User-War-Horse said he was hitting the road, he had thousands of posts and had been around for some time.

Anyway, as for the OP...yabut who are you?

I miss Warhorse and KC.

Warhorse said he was leaving and leave he did...not just a break. KC had good reason to pull away.

Lots of members have lulls in their posting habits for various reasons but just don't feel a need to make a public announcement about it. Those they are close to already know or friends will reach out to them in way that isn't public.

I don't thing Paddyo is attention whoring. I actually think he may have been someone who has passed this way before coming back to see what's been going on. That's the vibe I get.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
09-04-2016, 04:58 PM
Bloody English always so dramatic. Not like us reserved and stoic Irish.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
09-04-2016, 05:01 PM
(09-04-2016 04:58 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Bloody English always so dramatic. Not like us reserved and stoic Irish.

[Image: 999531_551342018246078_2020083554_n.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
09-04-2016, 06:25 PM
I've nearly quit. But let's face it, I'm often literally insane.

The OP though felt like an unnecessary slap in the face. What does one expect from a forum? Most resemble each other. Just people sitting at their PCs.

I can say I have had the benefit of being helped through some dark periods, through life and death moments, by members here. So I feel a rather strong connection. How valid that is is anyone's guess. For me, very much so.

I think we derive what we want or need from what we do. This place serves myself and possibly others who are incapacitated to some extent with an outlet.

Let's face it. The only person who visits me is the local cat! Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
09-04-2016, 06:28 PM
See ya!!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 3 users Like Marozz's post