I like food! Here's a couple of things I make!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2014, 07:56 PM
I like food! Here's a couple of things I make!
Mix and match whatever you want Smile

(I don't usually do quantities.... I add stuff to taste and however I feel Smile Also... I don't have names for stuff, most of it is kind of made up!)

Sweet Potato, mashed with milk, butter, banana, peanut butter, black pepper and pinch of salt.

Diced meat fried off in vegetable oil, chicken stock, black pepper, chili powder, garlic and covered in a sauce of blended tinned tomato, Italian seasoning, salt, and a squidge of brown sauce.

Diced meat and mixed peppers fried in salt, pepper, honey, garlic and soy sauce.

Tips:
Add brown sauce to gravy dinners (e.g. stew, shepherd's/cottage pie) to bring out the taste.
A tin of tomatoes to your shepherd's/cottage pie mince is delicious.
Pre-frying onions in butter makes cooking quicker, and doing so with butter instead of oil means the onions are less likely to burn quickly.

"God is a thought who makes crooked all that is straight." - Nietzsche

You can follow/read my blog on religious text and things related at: http://alookatholytext.wordpress.com/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2014, 08:02 PM
RE: I like food! Here's a couple of things I make!
... And all I can cook is toast...

Some of that actually reads quite well though.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
03-01-2014, 08:11 PM
Trust me. It's easy!

You can always turn toast into toast pizza by cooking one under a grill, removing it before turning, spreading tomato sauce on the uncooked side, adding cheese and then stuffing it back in Big Grin

You probably already knew that though!

You can follow/read my blog on religious text and things related at: http://alookatholytext.wordpress.com/
03-01-2014, 08:12 PM
(03-01-2014 08:11 PM)SpaceMonkey Wrote:  Trust me. It's easy!

You can always turn toast into toast pizza by cooking one under a grill, removing it before turning, spreading tomato sauce on the uncooked side, adding cheese and then stuffing it back in Big Grin

You probably already knew that though!

I don't eat much at all really, don't like pizza in general. Or cheese specifically... Or tomato sauce...

I don't eat healthy...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
03-01-2014, 08:12 PM
What is brown sauce?
03-01-2014, 08:13 PM
(03-01-2014 08:12 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  What is brown sauce?

One would assume it is a sauce which is brown, LJ.

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
03-01-2014, 08:18 PM
Free Thought..... try some veg. You might like it Tongue

LadyJane, brown sauce is something we get typically here in the UK. Worcestershire sauce is a derivative of it, well it's basically the run-off, so that works just as well. It adds great flavour to many dishes Smile Canada has no brown/Worcestershire sauce?????? That's really a travesty Sad

03-01-2014, 08:29 PM
(03-01-2014 08:18 PM)SpaceMonkey Wrote:  Free Thought..... try some veg. You might like it Tongue

LadyJane, brown sauce is something we get typically here in the UK. Worcestershire sauce is a derivative of it, well it's basically the run-off, so that works just as well. It adds great flavour to many dishes Smile Canada has no brown/Worcestershire sauce?????? That's really a travesty Sad

Many brown sauces here. Worcestershire, HP, BBQ, Hickory. I thought Brown sauce might be the ultimate of the brown sauces, ha ha. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
03-01-2014, 08:32 PM
Hahaha, nope. Simple brown sauce. I was about to have a fit Tongue Never tried Hickory brown sauce..... sounds immense ^_^

03-01-2014, 09:01 PM
(03-01-2014 08:18 PM)SpaceMonkey Wrote:  Free Thought..... try some veg. You might like it Tongue

"Might" being the operative word.

[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post