I like how the media is trying to convince people that it's not worth voting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2012, 05:24 AM
RE: I like how the media is trying to convince people that it's not worth voting
Going to fox for news is like going to your mechanic for dental work.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
17-04-2012, 07:39 AM
RE: I like how the media is trying to convince people that it's not worth voting
(17-04-2012 05:24 AM)Logisch Wrote:  Going to fox for news is like going to your mechanic for dental work.
I'd say it's like going to the Porsche store for BMW info. They may not know everything about BMWs but if something sucks about the M3 they will let you know.

Ok that's a bad analogy. Cuz nothing sucks about the M3.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
19-04-2012, 08:39 AM
germanyt... you need to stop siting Fox News as your source when having discussions. They are completely biased and untruthful. It does not help your position when you use them, and makes talking about the subject intolerable.
19-04-2012, 09:56 AM
(19-04-2012 08:39 AM)arbmouser Wrote:  germanyt... you need to stop siting Fox News as your source when having discussions. They are completely biased and untruthful. It does not help your position when you use them, and makes talking about the subject intolerable.
But citing MSNBC.com would be just fine and dandy. Right?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
20-04-2012, 08:29 AM
(19-04-2012 09:56 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(19-04-2012 08:39 AM)arbmouser Wrote:  germanyt... you need to stop siting Fox News as your source when having discussions. They are completely biased and untruthful. It does not help your position when you use them, and makes talking about the subject intolerable.
Why do you conclude that I would be okay with an outlet that is just as biased toward the other side? Your assumptions and polarization of ideas in these threads has made me want to stop discussing or debating issues with you. There is a middle ground where we could meet and look at all aspects of the discussion, but you are putting yourself into a defensive position by unfairly categorizing my position as a polar opposite. What I said had nothing to do with MSNBC. I did not suggest any alternative source that I asserted as "correct". I simply stated, as others had, that Fox News has a history of false reporting and negligence in their bias of the stories they broadcast, and that I felt it was unwise to use them as a source.
21-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Haha, not this fallacy yet again. They spout this pathetic excuse for being bias on their network constantly.
As if everything is white or black....there is no gray area.

This is nothing more than a red herring and equalization fallacy.

1st: Faux News is in a completely different league as far as being biased. Mentioning the existence of another network does not instantly make them equal in bias.

2nd: On top of that they down right lie. Thats right, they intentionally spread misinformation and report lies. The are a Republican propaganda network disguised as a News network.

3rd: Just because there is another somewhat bias network, on the opposite side of the spectrum, does not justify using Faux news as a source.

You have apparently watched too much faux news, and it has completely warped your brain.

The other day I heard a new Faux News slogan on the radio and I found it rather appropriate.
"Fox News, we report, you decide."

Just how perfect is that?
Fox News, we report, you decide....whether to believe this fairy tale BS or not.
23-04-2012, 08:27 AM (This post was last modified: 23-04-2012 08:33 AM by germanyt.)
The fact that you believe MSNBC is only 'somewhat' biased is proof that it is you and not I who have been brainwashed. Ever watch Keith Olberman or Chris Matthews? They could even be worse than Hannity and O'Reilly. And speaking of outright lies, I don't believe it was Fox News that lied about Zimmerman's 911 phone call.

And another thing. I DO NOT watch Fox News television. Ever.
(20-04-2012 08:29 AM)arbmouser Wrote:  
Why do you conclude that I would be okay with an outlet that is just as biased toward the other side? Your assumptions and polarization of ideas in these threads has made me want to stop discussing or debating issues with you. There is a middle ground where we could meet and look at all aspects of the discussion, but you are putting yourself into a defensive position by unfairly categorizing my position as a polar opposite. What I said had nothing to do with MSNBC. I did not suggest any alternative source that I asserted as "correct". I simply stated, as others had, that Fox News has a history of false reporting and negligence in their bias of the stories they broadcast, and that I felt it was unwise to use them as a source.
Believe it or not I started a thread with sourceless articles to see if anyone had any problems with the information. I simply asked that if anyone found anything wrong with the articles to please say so. I think it got to over 100 views and I had not 1 reply. All the articles were from http://www.foxnews.com. Fox is no less wise a source than NBC, ABC, CBS, etc. The only network news source that has even a slight chance of being considered balanced information is CNN and unfortunately for me because of the required flash player half the site shows up blocked or without flash. So I rarely search for articles there.

-Mark Twain
23-04-2012, 08:36 AM
(23-04-2012 08:27 AM)germanyt Wrote:  The fact that you believe MSNBC is only 'somewhat' biased is proof that it is you and not I who have been brainwashed. Ever watch Keith Olberman or Chris Matthews? They could even be worse than Hannity and O'Reilly. And speaking of outright lies, I don't believe it was Fox News that lied about Zimmerman's 911 phone call.

Then why the fuck are you making unfounded claims about Fox News television? Hannity and O'Really?-er-O'Reilly are both the worst I have ever seen, and I watch every news network.

Amen about CNN, brah.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
23-04-2012, 08:41 AM
(23-04-2012 08:36 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 08:27 AM)germanyt Wrote:  The fact that you believe MSNBC is only 'somewhat' biased is proof that it is you and not I who have been brainwashed. Ever watch Keith Olberman or Chris Matthews? They could even be worse than Hannity and O'Reilly. And speaking of outright lies, I don't believe it was Fox News that lied about Zimmerman's 911 phone call.

Then why the fuck are you making unfounded claims about Fox News television? Hannity and O'Really?-er-O'Reilly are both the worst I have ever seen, and I watch every news network.

Amen about CNN, brah.
Because there was a time in my life when I was a Glenn Beck watching, Confederate flag waving neo-con. I'm aware.

-Mark Twain
23-04-2012, 08:43 AM
(23-04-2012 08:41 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 08:36 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Then why the fuck are you making unfounded claims about Fox News television? Hannity and O'Really?-er-O'Reilly are both the worst I have ever seen, and I watch every news network.

Amen about CNN, brah.
Because there was a time in my life when I was a Glenn Beck watching, Confederate flag waving neo-con. I'm aware.
Then you'd know that Fox is a sorry excuse for a news network.

You still ride very close on the Conservative line, imo. I like neither Liberal nor Conservative (though, strictly, the name Liberal is better than Conservative).

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab