I like how the media is trying to convince people that it's not worth voting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2012, 08:46 AM
RE: I like how the media is trying to convince people that it's not worth voting
(23-04-2012 08:43 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 08:41 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Because there was a time in my life when I was a Glenn Beck watching, Confederate flag waving neo-con. I'm aware.
Then you'd know that Fox is a sorry excuse for a news network.

You still ride very close on the Conservative line, imo. I like neither Liberal or Conservative (though, strictly, the name Liberal is better than Conservative).
Actually I fall dead center on the political spectrum but lean away from authoritariansm and more toward libertarianism. I'd be just as insulted to be referred to as a conservative as a liberal. I'm pretty socially liberal but consider myself a true economic conservative. Not an economic neo con.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2012, 08:49 AM
RE: I like how the media is trying to convince people that it's not worth voting
All news channels have a bias to them, but there are two news shows I have watched that clearly have open bias - Fox news and The Young turks. I still watch TYT to this day because I love their left slant view on the news...
...BUT...
I always do a little research after watching their show. Sometimes Cenk lets his emotions get the best of him. Now, I wonder howmany fox news sheep do research to see if Fox is correct or not? My guess is not at all. Instead they stand out and claim that fox is "the truth" and that all other networks lie.
There in lies the difference between right wing and left wing networks. At least those on the left admit that it has a bias and do homework to check it out, those on the right just automatically accept the commentary on Fox as holy writ and that settles it for them.

"Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!" - RevJ. Cool

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-04-2012, 08:50 AM
(23-04-2012 08:46 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 08:43 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Then you'd know that Fox is a sorry excuse for a news network.

You still ride very close on the Conservative line, imo. I like neither Liberal or Conservative (though, strictly, the name Liberal is better than Conservative).
Actually I fall dead center on the political spectrum but lean away from authoritariansm and more toward libertarianism. I'd be just as insulted to be referred to as a conservative as a liberal. I'm pretty socially liberal but consider myself a true economic conservative. Not an economic neo con.
Why would you feel insulted? I have noticed that, when it comes to your politics, you are very thin-skinned.

Libertarianism is a nice and fancy name for Anarchism.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
23-04-2012, 08:55 AM
(23-04-2012 08:50 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 08:46 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Actually I fall dead center on the political spectrum but lean away from authoritariansm and more toward libertarianism. I'd be just as insulted to be referred to as a conservative as a liberal. I'm pretty socially liberal but consider myself a true economic conservative. Not an economic neo con.
Why would you feel insulted? I have noticed that, when it comes to your politics, you are very thin-skinned.

Libertarianism is a nice and fancy name for Anarchism.
Not thin skinned. Just argumentative. It's hard to not be when only myself and one other person on this board have an economically conservative bone in our bodies. And I think ararchy is ridiculous. I laugh so hard when I hear someone try and make arguements for anarchy. A world without law? Really? Ever see Escape from L.A.? Libertarianism is completely different from anarchy. 100% libertarianism is a nation of only 2 types of laws. Laws in the interest of public safety and laws protecting private property. That's it. I don't subscribe to every libertarian principle. I'm maybe 70% L.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
23-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes truth politics

I'm a bit of a Gary Johnson guy myself. I tend to agree with most libertarians i.e. John Stossel kinda stuff. Unfortunately, at the end of the day being a libertarian really never gets you very far in the game of politics.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Obama is getting my vote Only because Mitt Romney is a Mormon smh The worst of two evils .

Heart cute
04-09-2012, 03:15 PM
(04-09-2012 01:02 PM)BizzysaidAss Wrote:  Obama is getting my vote Only because Mitt Romney is a Mormon smh The worst of two evils .

I would argue that Obama is more competent of a president than Willard could ever be.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclamation How would you explain this? "Media Buries Bombshell Turkey False Flag Attack" PoolBoyG 10 180 03-04-2014 02:08 PM
Last Post: Alex_Leonardo
  Why do people think the US should be Just like Europe Aleprauchanist 24 509 29-03-2014 06:02 PM
Last Post: Stark Raving
  Why do we treat poor people like children? Heywood Jahblome 132 1,839 06-03-2014 01:33 AM
Last Post: LostandInsecure
  The dark side of legalized pot and media hysteria Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver 6 262 05-02-2014 11:50 PM
Last Post: toadaly
  The indigenous people of North America weekendskp 24 504 30-01-2014 08:16 AM
Last Post: Chas
  Why do we have poor people? bemore 77 1,767 21-12-2013 10:43 AM
Last Post: frankksj
  Obamacare makes people less likely to exercise, more likely to smoke and drink frankksj 70 1,192 06-12-2013 12:16 PM
Last Post: frankksj