I like shooting down Bible contradictions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2011, 11:58 PM
RE: I like shooting down Bible contradictions
(14-11-2011 11:55 PM)cufflink Wrote:  The fact you got through a year of continuous propaganda and brainwashing with your integrity intact says a lot for the strength of your character. That's something you can be proud of.

Thank you.... if anything it strengthed my character and resolve in atheism!

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like ddrew's post
15-11-2011, 12:19 AM
(14-11-2011 11:39 PM)Eye Sage Wrote:  You're not at the point being able to claim any of these things in any meaningful way here.

I'm pretty sure I was asked about what I had as a Christian (or soemthing along those lines). It doesn't matter to me whether or not those things have any meaning to you.

Quote:You started this thread with a challenge to Atheists. Props for the cajones that took, but you came here with a self-aggrandizing handle and a boast about how you love shooting down Bible contradictions and haven't lived up to either.

So Christianity is completely invalidated because I didn't have an essay response for the 30+ listed contradictions, and I didn't produce them in 5 minutes? Yeah, no, I don't think so.

Quote:If you want to believe you have these things in your life by all means live your life as you see fit.

I will, thanks for the encouragement.

(14-11-2011 11:46 PM)ddrew Wrote:  Well I had to make that choice to subject myself to that place... the choice was this... options are

1. Be homeless
2. Live in a Christian Minsitry
3. Commit a crime and live in prison.
4. Commit suicide.

Well I opted for number two.

Those were my options at the time... and I picked the logical option to survive at the time...
You see I've had a really fucked up past 3 years of my life that I really don't need to get into ... but end result was.. my moral standards are better than subjecting myself to criminal punishment.. suicide.. or homelessness...

So the Christians were bad because they saved you from homlessness and suicide. Sure, that makes sense.
15-11-2011, 12:26 AM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2011 12:33 AM by ddrew.)
(15-11-2011 12:19 AM)megamaster125 Wrote:  So the Christians were bad because they saved you from homlessness and suicide. Sure, that makes sense.

Find the exact quote where I said the above claim of what you just said... It had better match exactly what you claim that I had said .. word for word.. Find the post where I said " Christians were bad because they saved me from homlessness and suicide.. " find it and repost it..... those are your words and yours alone.. you just fucked up with saying that... go home.. you just lost.. game is over and I just won!
We've got a whole forum of whitnesses of watching what you and I have been saying to one another..

... be very careful here.. you have no claim to what you just said.. hypocrite?? isn't that the biblical word for it?? I'll let the forum decide......

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 3 users Like ddrew's post
15-11-2011, 12:34 AM
(15-11-2011 12:19 AM)megamaster125 Wrote:  So the Christians were bad because they saved you from homlessness and suicide. Sure, that makes sense.
Gotta stop talking out of the side of your neck, there, megamix. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
15-11-2011, 12:43 AM
(15-11-2011 12:34 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
Gotta stop talking out of the side of your neck, there, megamix. Tongue

Megamaster125: Lord God.. Christian down .. Chirstian down.. I need back up.. I repeat.. Christian down.. I need back up....

Lord God: ..... static .... bleep bleep...... static .....

[+] 3 users Like ddrew's post
15-11-2011, 12:43 AM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2011 12:51 AM by houseofcantor.)
(14-11-2011 11:58 PM)ddrew Wrote:  
(14-11-2011 11:55 PM)cufflink Wrote:  The fact you got through a year of continuous propaganda and brainwashing with your integrity intact says a lot for the strength of your character. That's something you can be proud of.

Thank you.... if anything it strengthed my character and resolve in atheism!

ADC tells me, sure Johnny, you can parole to the streets. I get out, I gotta see my parole officer; I mean, A or B, right? Cat's like, hell, no, Johnny. It's the Phoenix Rescue Mission for you!

Oh my Gwynnies! Sheep shear themselves, I swear! I did six months of the same kinda shit. Guy that ran the place - a real criminal element - only he scrounged up the title "minister" from somewhere. Involved in all kinda of shady shit that "was allowed" because he was Christian. He ended up firing his right hand man, cause that cat was just too happy and knew the Bible too well. So the next time I see the former right hand was when I was running the jobsite, and he was the littlest indian in the cleaning crew. He was distinctly unhappy.

Proof positive the greater god is Gwyneth Paltrow. There it is. Big Grin

Phoenix Rescue Mission peeps - now. Guy I'm talking about? Curiously absent. Only know it's bigger... and more... and, you know how it goes...

[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
15-11-2011, 12:48 AM
(15-11-2011 12:26 AM)ddrew Wrote:  

Find the exact quote where I said the above claim of what you just said... It had better match exactly what you claim that I had said .. word for word.. Find the post where I said " Christians were bad because they saved me from homlessness and suicide.. " find it and repost it..... those are your words and yours alone.. you just fucked up with saying that... go home.. you just lost.. game is over and I just won!
We've got a whole forum of whitnesses of watching what you and I have been saying to one another..

... be very careful here.. you have no claim to what you just said.. hypocrite?? isn't that the biblical word for it?? I'll let the forum decide......

It seems quite clear from your posts that the Bible Temple was merely an option available to you that was the only choice other than homelessness. Had a Buddhist temple or something been available, I'm guessing it wouldn't have made a difference, right? While it is nice for any group to take in people and feed them, many if not most religions do the same thing, as well as many non-religious groups.

It seems religions always have strings attached though - free food & shelter, but you've gotta follow our rules and listen to our preaching so we can convert you. Win for the church, as it helps their image and grows their numbers, increasing their income (tithes) and letting them build giant churches with big-ass displays to show off their lead musicians and pastors.

Better without God, and happier too.
[+] 3 users Like Azaraith's post
15-11-2011, 12:54 AM
(14-11-2011 06:08 PM)megamaster125 Wrote:  
(14-11-2011 05:31 PM)ddrew Wrote:  Why? OH WHY? Does God never answer the prayers of amputee's? Hrmm?? There is no recorded case of an amputee anywhere in the world ever of any person having their limb's regrow back through prayer.

Funny you should bring that up. I was talking with one of my Christian friends the other day, and he's reporting to me a lot of divine healings taking place, one such instance being "growing a leg." He didn't have time to give me more details, but I'm sure I'll hear more next time I talk with him.

It's a good thing your friend is a reliable source of information. I really really hope that you were being sarcastic here and I just couldn't see it.

Otherwise that's the most ridiculous claim I've heard yet, and second news of "someone somewhere" having heard of "someone else somewhere else" having grown a limb back. That reeks of desperation. Please post some proof, otherwise this is inadmissible. Chain-letters don't count as accurate news.
[+] 3 users Like kineo's post
15-11-2011, 12:55 AM
(15-11-2011 12:48 AM)Azaraith Wrote:  It seems quite clear from your posts that the Bible Temple was merely an option available to you that was the only choice other than homelessness. Had a Buddhist temple or something been available, I'm guessing it wouldn't have made a difference, right? While it is nice for any group to take in people and feed them, many if not most religions do the same thing, as well as many non-religious groups.

It seems religions always have strings attached though - free food & shelter, but you've gotta follow our rules and listen to our preaching so we can convert you. Win for the church, as it helps their image and grows their numbers, increasing their income (tithes) and letting them build giant churches with big-ass displays to show off their lead musicians and pastors.
I'm thinking - no. I mean, Drew can tell it. My American experience is that Christians, in a "position of authority," are just pretty freaking nasty. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
15-11-2011, 12:56 AM
(15-11-2011 12:48 AM)Azaraith Wrote:  
(15-11-2011 12:26 AM)ddrew Wrote:  

It seems quite clear from your posts that the Bible Temple was merely an option available to you that was the only choice other than homelessness. Had a Buddhist temple or something been available, I'm guessing it wouldn't have made a difference, right? While it is nice for any group to take in people and feed them, many if not most religions do the same thing, as well as many non-religious groups.

Well yeah that was my only choice.. my only option.. Life is too rare and precious to just off myself.. commiting an act of crime was not in my moral standards .. (geeze atheists have moral standards) ... and the drive of surviving meant more that just accepting homelessness on the streets..

Megamasterdumbwashed dude.. you still there? I'm still waiting for some comeback from this hole you fell into... God is watching out for you right?? Common I expected better than this.....

[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post