I like shooting down Bible contradictions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2011, 10:32 AM
RE: I like shooting down Bible contradictions
Jeez, fellas... you're giving atheism a bad rap...

Think of the children!

sorry. hadda throw that in there.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2011, 10:45 AM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2011 10:56 AM by megamaster125.)
I was sleeping guys. You can't expect me to always be on here and address every one of you and every little thing you say. You claim you don't expect me to do this, but then you complain when I don't.

I've got a question for you guys though. What purpose do you have bombarding me? Do you think you're actually accomplishing something? Do you think you actually have a shot at getting me to turn away from God? (That question is lol worthy.) Or are you so desperate to get me to turn from God so that you can satisfy your own atheistic beliefs?

Either way, your hatred and persecution won't work on me, all that does is verify what the Bible says. If you really wanted to shock me, you'd try converting me with kindness and respect, instead of insults and hatred.

(15-11-2011 12:26 AM)ddrew Wrote:  Find the exact quote where I said the above claim of what you just said... It had better match exactly what you claim that I had said .. word for word.. Find the post where I said " Christians were bad because they saved me from homlessness and suicide.. " find it and repost it..... those are your words and yours alone.. you just fucked up with saying that... go home.. you just lost.. game is over and I just won!
We've got a whole forum of whitnesses of watching what you and I have been saying to one another..

... be very careful here.. you have no claim to what you just said.. hypocrite?? isn't that the biblical word for it?? I'll let the forum decide......

Well, let's see, you said the ministry saved you from homelessness and suicide, then you went on to talk about how much you hated every moment of it, and how you hated everything they said. Your gratitiude must have gotten lost somewhere with all that hate and anger.

(15-11-2011 01:23 AM)Glaucus Wrote:  You'll never know real love because you support the damnation of those who think differently than you. You'll never know real joy because you're accomplishments are taken from you and given to your god as praise. And you'll never know real peace because you're too afraid of eternal torment from your god to think for yourself.

Lol. That's all I have to say about that, just lol.

(15-11-2011 01:23 AM)kim Wrote:  Gee... let me see.... oh, er, uuuuh... probably no... Christianity is completely invalidated because... We Are Fucking ATHEISTS!

I didn't realize Christianity is invalidated because of the existance of athesits. That's a new one.

(15-11-2011 01:29 AM)kineo Wrote:  Who said this was about invalidating Christianity? You came here, into the lions' den, to challenge people. And then you don't accept when they respond do some of the ridiculous claims you make? Somehow that catches you by surprise?

Well, you do have a point here. I did come in here, and apparently people don't really want me here. Well, regardless, I got what I came here for, which is more material for my website, and I got plenty of that. This is just an internet forum, so I can leave anytime I want.

(15-11-2011 04:17 AM)aurora2020 Wrote:  I think he's packed up his megachristian bags and done a runner!

Nah, I'm still floating around. Allthough, this does bring up a good point. If you guys want to spread athesim (which I would imagine you do since you feel like an oppressed minority), chasing away non-atheists that come here is really bad way to go about that. You guys haven't made atheism appealing to me whatsoever, you've done the opposite actually, my faith has been increased.
Find all posts by this user
15-11-2011, 11:22 AM
(15-11-2011 12:19 AM)megamaster125 Wrote:  So Christianity is completely invalidated because I didn't have an essay response for the 30+ listed contradictions, and I didn't produce them in 5 minutes? Yeah, no, I don't think so.

And no, I don't think so either. I just thought it was worth remembering that this thread started off with a bit of a boast on your part. The validity of Christianity isn't anywhere close to resting on the responses you provide in this forum. No pressure my friend.
[+] 1 user Likes Eye Sage's post
15-11-2011, 11:25 AM
(15-11-2011 10:45 AM)megamaster125 Wrote:  
(15-11-2011 01:23 AM)Glaucus Wrote:  You'll never know real love because you support the damnation of those who think differently than you. You'll never know real joy because you're accomplishments are taken from you and given to your god as praise. And you'll never know real peace because you're too afraid of eternal torment from your god to think for yourself.

Lol. That's all I have to say about that, just lol.

Please, enlighten me as to where I'm wrong. Do you not think that non-christians will go to hell? Are you not simply a vehicle for god to work through? Are you not afraid of hell?

I have no desire to de-convert you from your faith, that's something that only you can do. You came here looking to cut your teeth as an apologetic, and we aren't too fond of them. If you came here actually trying to understand our position, then you'd get the respect you want. But you only came here to test yourself, and you've failed miserably to convince us that you're anything more than a close-minded ass.

I'm sorry for the language, but your last comment about atheists not knowing your level of love, joy, and peace was as appalling as it was disrespectful. I've seen the love of Christians as they steal the wealth of families and tell them god will take care of them. I've seen the joy in their hearts as they teach their children to hate those who are different. I've seen the peace in their lives as they pray for god to destroy this world. Faith causes misery on a scale unparalleled as people reject medicine to grovel at the feet of their monster of a god.

You've reminded my why I'm glad that I rejected that wicked notion that faith is a virtue.

Of all the ideas put forth by science, it is the principle of Superposition that can undo any power of the gods. For the accumulation of smaller actions has the ability to create, destroy, and move the world.

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." -W. E. Henley
15-11-2011, 11:45 AM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2011 11:54 AM by kim.)
(15-11-2011 10:45 AM)megamaster125 Wrote:  Nah, I'm still floating around. Allthough, this does bring up a good point. If you guys want to spread athesim (which I would imagine you do since you feel like an oppressed minority), chasing away non-atheists that come here is really bad way to go about that. You guys haven't made atheism appealing to me whatsoever, you've done the opposite actually, my faith has been increased.

We don't "want to spread atheism" --- there is nothing to spread.

No one from this forum has leaped out, grabbed you off the street, and forced you into this forum. You can come and go as you please.

You have displayed tremendous inability to understand any non-theist ideas. Did you come here to find out if non-theistic notions "appeal" to you?
(Yesterday 02:47 PM)Eye Sage Wrote:
Actually there's nothing for atheism to be accurate and correct about. Atheism isn't a belief system, it's simply a term denoting the absence of a particular kind of belief. This lack of a belief doesn't even have to mean the denial of the existence of God. Beyond this, whatever else the Atheist believes is all on them. Atheism literally has nothing to prove.

megamaster125 Wrote:
Atheism is the belief that there is no God, is it not? Then my question is very valid. How do you know this belief is correct?

What do you mean by "correct"?
What is the correct thing to believe?
What is it that you feel I, as a non-Theist, am supposed to not have faith in?

That is not to say that there is knowledge that there no deity.
This is unknown. To a non-Theist, an unknown is unknown. No more complicated than that.
Questions... maybe... but we always question.

You are responsible for you and only you. Just as I am responsible for me - only me.
Only you control what you feel, what you do, how you behave.
No one else... no God, no set of rules. You.

It is a huge responsibility... being responsible for one's self. It carries a depth of reason beyond no one but yourself.
You gave reason away ... you gave responsibility away.
You gave it away for ... ? Eternal life? Heaven?

You will die one day... and you say that you know you will be somewhere specifically wonderful.
I will die one day... and I say I don't know where I will be.

One who is so certain.. and one who is just as uncertain.

Which one is correct?

Heart

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
15-11-2011, 11:51 AM
(15-11-2011 10:45 AM)megamaster125 Wrote:  Nah, I'm still floating around. Allthough, this does bring up a good point. If you guys want to spread athesim (which I would imagine you do since you feel like an oppressed minority), chasing away non-atheists that come here is really bad way to go about that. You guys haven't made atheism appealing to me whatsoever, you've done the opposite actually, my faith has been increased.

Nah, megamix. There ain't no "hate" going on here; some peeps are using the algebra of past experience to color you troll, yet even that is not a bad thing.

The topic was "shooting down Bible contradictions;" you've been shooting a lot of blanks. You're gonna take a ribbing for your chosen moniker, that's just a fact of life; other than that, there hasn't been a personal attack yet made. If it seems that way, it is because you are here in the "personification of Christianity;" a lot of people don't like that stuff, I don't like it either.

But I got no problem with you. Keep slugging it out - even gave the the Rocky tune - just don't take shit personal that ain't personal, and we'll all learn stuff. Atheism is about learning stuff and being skeptical - other than that, it ain't really about anything. Wink

[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
15-11-2011, 11:59 AM
(15-11-2011 11:25 AM)Glaucus Wrote:  Are you not afraid of hell?

This has to be one of the biggest misconceptions atheists make about Christians, and then you go and call me close-minded.

No Christian is afraid of hell, Christians don't sit around talking about death and hell. We have nothing to fear about it, at all. I don't know where you even get the idea from that was are afraid of hell. You're the one that brought this topic up, so if anything, you're the one afraid of hell, because you know if you die and find out you're wrong and God does exist, you know that you'll be the one with something to fear. I have nothing to fear as far as death and hell.

Quote:If you came here actually trying to understand our position, then you'd get the respect you want.

Well from what I've seen, your position involves a lot of hatred toward the Bible and Christianity and Christians in general. Feel free to add in anything I'm leaving out, but that sums up what I'm seeing from coming here.

Quote:I'm sorry for the language, but your last comment about atheists not knowing your level of love, joy, and peace was as appalling as it was disrespectful. I've seen the love of Christians as they steal the wealth of families and tell them god will take care of them. I've seen the joy in their hearts as they teach their children to hate those who are different. I've seen the peace in their lives as they pray for god to destroy this world. Faith causes misery on a scale unparalleled as people reject medicine to grovel at the feet of their monster of a god.

I never claimed atheists couldn't have any love, joy, or peace. That's just putting words into my mouth. I said a LEVEL of love, joy, and peace that CAN ONLY BE ATTAINED by God. It's not my fault if you haven't experienced the things I have.

Quote:You've reminded my why I'm glad that I rejected that wicked notion that faith is a virtue.

And you've reminded me why I'm glad I'm not an atheist.
15-11-2011, 12:09 PM
(15-11-2011 11:59 AM)megamaster125 Wrote:  Well from what I've seen, your position involves a lot of hatred toward the Bible and Christianity and Christians in general. Feel free to add in anything I'm leaving out, but that sums up what I'm seeing from coming here.

I never claimed atheists couldn't have any love, joy, or peace. That's just putting words into my mouth. I said a LEVEL of love, joy, and peace that CAN ONLY BE ATTAINED by God. It's not my fault if you haven't experienced the things I have.
I think you misunderatand a couple of things. You seem to interpret disagreement with hate. I don't hate you, but i dislike theistic beliefs.

I am, in fact, intellectually insulted by your belief that I can't attain the same lofty level of happiness, etc. that your magical beliefs provide you.

Your apologetics for Biblical contradiction don't stand up to logic or reason; they are twisted, convoluted, self-referential arguments that are incoherent. That is not hate speech, that is critical thinking.
You have not succeeded in shooting down any contradictions, as far as I can see.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
15-11-2011, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2011 12:14 PM by megamaster125.)
(15-11-2011 11:45 AM)kim Wrote:  No one from this forum has leaped out, grabbed you off the street, and forced you into this forum. You can come and go as you please.

That's very true, but people keep responding to me, which makes me think they want to talk to me.

Quote:You didn't answer my querys:

What do you mean by "correct"?

What do you think correct means?

Quote:What is the correct thing to believe?

You tell me.

Quote:What is it that you feel I, as a non-Theist, am supposed to not have faith in?

Yeah, this sounds like a trick question. You want me to say God so you can comeback and say "See the Christian told me not to have faith in God."

Quote:Atheism is very broadly, the rejection of faith in the existence of a deity.

Yes, I've very aware of this. My question is what's correct about this?

Quote: That is not to say that there is knowledge that there no deity.
This is unknown. To a non-Theist, an unknown is unknown. No more complicated than that.
Questions... maybe... but we always question.

So what I'm picking up here is that you don't know if atheism is correct or not.

(15-11-2011 11:51 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Nah, megamix. There ain't no "hate" going on here; some peeps are using the algebra of past experience to color you troll, yet even that is not a bad thing.

Well I don't know how you guys treat your friends in the real world, but I certianly don't go around calling my friends braindead, brainwashed, or megamasterbator. It surprises me that you don't expect me to take those as signs of hate. Are they some kind of weird signs of friendship or something?

Quote:The topic was "shooting down Bible contradictions;" you've been shooting a lot of blanks.

Well, everyone seems to want to talk about 500 other things related to Christianity.
(15-11-2011 12:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  You have not succeeded in shooting down any contradictions, as far as I can see.

Sure I have. You just want so desperately to hang on to that pre-concieved notion that the Bible does have contradictions. So anything presented to you that's contrary to your pre-concieved notion, you'll just try to sweep aside. It's very obvious to me.
15-11-2011, 12:14 PM
(15-11-2011 11:59 AM)megamaster125 Wrote:  No Christian is afraid of hell, Christians don't sit around talking about death and hell.
I mean, woah! Hafta wonder where you're from.

Be honest with ya - that's what keeps the "door-to-door" salesman away from this house. (The JWs, Mormans, and local God-botherers). And this is the line:

Acceptance of the Holy Spirit means eternal life is now.

That's them, done and dusted. (I should patent that shit.) They always wanna talk about hell, once I drop that bomb right there - talking about hell is giving credence to evil. Not only do they leave, they tell their friends not to come over here.

Yeah; maybe not you and your circle - but there is a googolplex of Christians "hung up" on the concept of hell. I mean, rapture? Revelation? Come on...

[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post