I like shooting down Bible contradictions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2011, 01:22 PM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2011 01:34 PM by kineo.)
RE: I like shooting down Bible contradictions
(15-11-2011 01:17 PM)megamaster125 Wrote:  Well, I can tell after that last post that you guys don't want me here. Bye bye then, I guess.

Let's have a reasonable discussion and then you will be more than welcome.

You are not being chased away- you are running away on your own. I'd prefer that you stick around and prove to me that my perception is wrong and that you're not simply trolling or gathering material for your website.

Acknowledge when an illogical claim is illogical- like having more love, peace, and joy. Tell me that you can't really know if you have more love, peace, and joy- only that you simply believe you have more.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kineo's post
15-11-2011, 01:31 PM
(15-11-2011 01:17 PM)megamaster125 Wrote:  Well, I can tell after that last post that you guys don't want me here. Bye bye then, I guess.

Once again, making an assumption, based on what you interpreted from a fraction of the groups posts. Is it possible that you don't want to be here, but would prefer to lay blame on others?

How bout this:

Decide who you think is oppressing you/refusing to debate/spewing hate/doesn't want you here, then stop responding to them (I have seen a few nasty remarks, but I don't think anyone here has done any of those things, though I can see how you would since it can be overwhelming to be the minority in a discussion like this) and respond instead to those of us who are being fair in your opinion. (I've been very straight forward and don't pull punches, but I noticed you haven't responded to me at all. Do I fall into your group of "haters"?)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
15-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Was I really that mean? I didn't mean to come off as mean. Confused
15-11-2011, 01:50 PM
(14-11-2011 04:55 PM)megamaster125 Wrote:  
(14-11-2011 12:47 PM)Eye Sage Wrote:  Actually there's nothing for atheism to be accurate and correct about. Atheism isn't a belief system, it's simply a term denoting the absence of a particular kind of belief. This lack of a belief doesn't even have to mean the denial of the existence of God. Beyond this, whatever else the Atheist believes is all on them. Atheism literally has nothing to prove.

Atheism is the belief that there is no God, is it not? Then my question is very valid. How do you know this belief is correct?

No, Atheism is not the belief that there is no god (your God or any god), it is the absence of a belief in any god. Now it could be that any given Atheist positively believes that no God exists, but that's a sub-set of what Atheists might believe.

Asking Atheists how they know their belief is correct is like asking someone who has no belief about what you might be wearing at the moment how they can justify not believing you have a blue sweater on right now. This is what I mean by Atheism has nothing to prove.
[+] 1 user Likes Eye Sage's post
15-11-2011, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2011 02:22 PM by ddrew.)
(14-11-2011 10:52 PM)ddrew Wrote:  
(14-11-2011 10:28 PM)megamaster125 Wrote:  What Bible verse says blasphemy results in getting struck down by lightning? See, this is why I don't think you atheists have actually read the Bible.

I was being sarcastic but it's hard to hear the sarcasim in text forums. But let me tell you my credentials on the bible.

I recently spent the past year in a "men's Christian Rehabilitation Ministry" called "The Bible Tabernacle"

Everyday for the past year I woke up at 5:30am to report to morning bible study/reading at 6:00am until 7:30am where I read the bible for that hour and half every day... in the evenings I would attend Bible Study sermons from 6:15pm to 7:30pm where pastors would preach the "word of God"... EVERY FUCKING DAY for a year.. so don't assume to me that I don't know the bible... I probrably know that fictionous crap better than you do. NO GAMES. NO TELEVISION. NO LEAVING THE CAMP GROUNDS... NOTHING but the study of God.

Now ... you fucking tell me how I have so much hatred for this imaginary piece of shit God you hold so dearly to your heart? You see I'm a different kind of Atheist.. I hate the idea of religion.. I hate the idea of God.. The oppressive nature of God is an insult to the nature of humanity!!

God to me is a symbol of slavery.. control.. opression... and I REJECT everything the idea that this God stands for..

Your religion scares society with damnation and eternal torment in hell for sins for which we never even commited by a generation 6000 years ago.. what the fuck kind of madness is that??

I reject the holy spirit... I reject Jesus... and I reject God..

That is what a years worth of "The Bible Tabernacle" left me with. Any confusion or contradiction in that Megabraindead125 ??

(15-11-2011 10:45 AM)megamaster125 Wrote:  Well, let's see, you said the ministry saved you from homelessness and suicide, then you went on to talk about how much you hated every moment of it, and how you hated everything they said. Your gratitiude must have gotten lost somewhere with all that hate and anger.

Okay .... looking at the above post right infront of me I don't see where I ever said the ministry saved me from homelessness and suicide.. and I never said that I hated every moment of it.. looking above you'll see that I hated the idea of God and religion in general.. and... hrmmmm.. nope not seeing where I hated what they said..

I'm actually quite grateful to that ministry for providing a free place to live. While the structure of daily life there was crammed with God 24/7 got oppressive after awhile I never said that I hated the ministry.. read it closely megamaster125 ... oh and are you going to answer my post on the contradiction I wrote??

See? mega... I'm not such a bad guy when I'm sober aren't I? now reading what I said while drunk last night ... well yeah my balls were all tied in a knot.. anyhow hurry up and make some good responses before I start drinking again... I'm cracking open the first beer now.. better hurry........
(15-11-2011 01:39 PM)kineo Wrote:  Was I really that mean? I didn't mean to come off as mean. Confused

All your fault kineo.. what you said was like a two edged sword cutting through megamaster125 like a lamb. If megamaster125 had put on the WHOLE ARMOR OF GOD then he would have been properly prepared for the intensity of your cutting words and harsh logic you hit him with.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 3 users Like ddrew's post
15-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Ok, I'll cop to it... I was pretty shitty to yell that we are Atheists.
I believe I said...
we're fucking atheists!

I see now that may have been a bit harsh.

Dodgy And I'm sorry I referred to you as megamasterbator.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
15-11-2011, 03:00 PM
(15-11-2011 12:58 PM)megamaster125 Wrote:  Oh sure, we do acknowledge hell as a reality, but fear of hell on its own is a terrible reason to become a Christian.

Yeah, Christians on an atheist forum do tend to be pretty popular, whether I wanted to be or not. Well, as long as we're having fun, right? Wink

As far as I'm concerned, this pair makes megamix "a decent sort."

You guys familiar with Mike Lee? (religiousantagonist) He gets a lot of crap for being "abrasive;" in a similar note, this thread paints atheists in a similar shade.

I love it. Why? When I was a "theist" (was never a "believer" - too much math in this unit), I often felt the urge to "defend another" on forums; that misconception has been eclipsed by the knowledge that atheists can take care of themselves.

I don't see a "20-1" going on here, I see a "1-1" going on twenty times - and you guys are seeing the same megamix I'm looking at. His being "alright with me" doesn't make him alright.

That's how we atheists do it. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
15-11-2011, 03:02 PM
(15-11-2011 02:35 PM)kim Wrote:  I believe I said...
we're fucking atheists!

Kim, is the second word an adjective or a verb? Big Grin

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
15-11-2011, 03:06 PM
(15-11-2011 03:02 PM)cufflink Wrote:  
(15-11-2011 02:35 PM)kim Wrote:  I believe I said...
we're fucking atheists!

Kim, is the second word an adjective or a verb? Big Grin

It's a kinetic adverb. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
15-11-2011, 03:09 PM
(15-11-2011 02:11 PM)ddrew Wrote:  
(15-11-2011 01:39 PM)kineo Wrote:  Was I really that mean? I didn't mean to come off as mean. Confused

All your fault kineo.. what you said was like a two edged sword cutting through megamaster125 like a lamb. If megamaster125 had put on the WHOLE ARMOR OF GOD then he would have been properly prepared for the intensity of your cutting words and harsh logic you hit him with.

lol, if by "sword" you mean "butter knife", then you might be on to something. I don't have a particularly large arsenal of logic myself... butter knives and pocket knives, obviously I haven't graduated to swords yet. Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like kineo's post