I like shooting down Bible contradictions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2011, 11:52 AM
RE: I like shooting down Bible contradictions
(16-11-2011 11:21 AM)ddrew Wrote:  megamaster125... since your not doing to well with contradictions... do you mind If i shift the focus to somthing else? Perhaps prophecy is better up your alley...

I thought I was doing just fine. I see you've ignored the questions I've presented, but that's ok. I'm used to it by now.

Quote:Isaiah has some pretty good stuff.. here let's take a look...

13:19 And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.
13:20 It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there.
13:21 But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there.
13:22 And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.

OKay well Isaiah was correct in the fact that Babylon would be destroyed. It happened .. the ruins of Babylon are there today just south of Baghdad, Iraq.

However, Isaiah was wrong when he said that no man would ever dwell there from generation to generation. Why? Because of several reasons... the main palace was rebuilt and is now a tourist attraction Hotel that people can stay at. Also the U.S. Military has been using the site as a base of operations as well..

There has been no dragon sitings and the residents at the Hotel havn't been complaining of any satyrs playing flutes and dancing in the streets.

What is your take on all this prophecy stuff being wrong in the Bible megamaster125?

Oh dear, I'm really not the type of Christian you'd want to be asking about Bible prophecies, that certainly isn't my speciality, to say the least. If you are truely curious, I'd send an email to someone like Pastor John Hagee.

One comment I'd make though, for the US military's base of opperations, I don't know if they'd consider that a dwelling place. I don't think the soldiers intend to make that their home.

Better is one day in Your courts, better is one day in Your house,
Better is one day in Your courts, than thousands elsewhere.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2011, 12:02 PM
(16-11-2011 11:15 AM)megamaster125 Wrote:  If you know the Bible so much better than me, then why are you asking me questions about it? Better yet, how do you know that your interpretation of the Bible is so much more correct than mine?
'Cause I'm a prophet, and that there's a book of prophets.

Happy prophet dance. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
16-11-2011, 12:05 PM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2011 12:09 PM by Azaraith.)
(16-11-2011 11:15 AM)megamaster125 Wrote:  Hmmm... my reputation went negative. You guys seem to be forgetting oh so quickly. I was all set to leave this place when it was you guys that wanted me to stay and give you my perspective. Please make up your minds what you want.

We aren't a hivemind, we have different opinions. Some may be interested in the topic, but have become frustrated with your refusal to address several arguments. You can look at you ratings to see who gave you a negative and why, but some may want you to stay and just not give you a positive rating.

Better without God, and happier too.
16-11-2011, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2011 12:41 PM by ddrew.)
(16-11-2011 11:15 AM)megamaster125 Wrote:  
(16-11-2011 01:02 AM)ddrew Wrote:  Exd 24:7 And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient.
Exd 24:8 And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the LORD hath made with you concerning all these words.

That is the first covenant that was being talked about in Hebrews. But it was not perfect because the sacrifices for the attonement of sin was never enough... which is why God had to scrap that plan... come to earth as Jesus and give himself as the perfect sacrifice thus setting up a new and better covenant.

There were multiple covenants in the old testament. Do you even know what a covenant is? It's an agreement between two or more parties. You yourself stated that Adam had an agreement with God.

If you know the Bible so much better than me, then why are you asking me questions about it? Better yet, how do you know that your interpretation of the Bible is so much more correct than mine?

There were multiple covenants in the old testament. Do you even know what a covenant is?
The answer to this question is in bold above. Showing that I was pinpointing that particular covenant stated in Heb. and Exd. are linked.

And only question I asked you was the validity of your supposed knowledge of the bible...

And your wondering why your reputation score is taking a nose dive?
(16-11-2011 11:52 AM)megamaster125 Wrote:  Oh dear, I'm really not the type of Christian you'd want to be asking about Bible prophecies, that certainly isn't my speciality, to say the least. If you are truely curious, I'd send an email to someone like Pastor John Hagee.

Oh jeeze whiz, I stumped the "megamaster".

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
16-11-2011, 12:28 PM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2011 12:46 PM by Azaraith.)
(16-11-2011 11:52 AM)megamaster125 Wrote:  One comment I'd make though, for the US military's base of opperations, I don't know if they'd consider that a dwelling place. I don't think the soldiers intend to make that their home.

Oh dear. I guess they picked that spot accidentally? Dwell implies something different than the dictionary says? No one lives there permanently at all?

What about the dragons? No creatures there that could be called dragons by any means... Or is it a mistranslation and they meant "camel"?

Better without God, and happier too.
16-11-2011, 12:47 PM
I think this particular thread is comming to an end.. I can forsee it won't last but 1 more page....

meanwhile let's check in on megamaster125.... where is he at? OH there he is.. choking and calling on Lord God for help.. let's see what Lord God has to say about all of this...

. . . . Lord God>> . . . static . . . bleep . . . static . . . .

Nope God is still not there... "Hey someone call the paramedics! We've got a wounded Christian over here!"

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
16-11-2011, 12:56 PM
(16-11-2011 12:22 PM)ddrew Wrote:  
(16-11-2011 11:52 AM)megamaster125 Wrote:  Oh dear, I'm really not the type of Christian you'd want to be asking about Bible prophecies, that certainly isn't my speciality, to say the least. If you are truely curious, I'd send an email to someone like Pastor John Hagee.

To be fair, he started the thread with contradictions in mind specifically, rather than prophecy- which is a whole other area of acrobatics. That's like expecting a tight-rope walker to be good at pole vaulting.
16-11-2011, 01:09 PM
(16-11-2011 12:56 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(16-11-2011 12:22 PM)ddrew Wrote:  

To be fair, he started the thread with contradictions in mind specifically, rather than prophecy- which is a whole other area of acrobatics. That's like expecting a tight-rope walker to be good at pole vaulting.

Well ... your right kineo ... that was a bit of a curve ball at him thrown. However.
In his mind he does have God on his side and the power of prayer. Also it is written in the scripture that he as a Christian must be fully prepared to put on the full armor of God and wield the word of God like a sword ready to answer and combat any quetions directed about his faith. He was commanded by Jesus to spread the word of God to every critter around the world.. ..to sing songs about being a good soldier of Jesus Christ. To fight evil in it's wake and purge the darkness with the light of the Lamb of God.... yada yada ... (insert other brainwashed religious crap here)

16-11-2011, 01:11 PM
The negative rep is mostly from me. just click on it and read why.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
16-11-2011, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2011 01:30 PM by kineo.)
(16-11-2011 01:11 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  The negative rep is mostly from me. just click on it and read why.

I also still have a couple of unaddressed posts, or posts that were only partially acknowledged. I guess I don't expect him to answer everything, but I also don't think it's cool to skip over the ones you can't answer without some sort of acknowledgement. But he acknowledges that he doesn't have an answer for something then he gives up ground on his premise that there are no contradictions.

So megamasters, I realize it's a broad topic, but you took it on so it's your homework. I would like to know your thoughts on my post from way back on page 6 where I posted about what I perceive to be a logical contradiction regarding the idea of an all-knowing, all-powerful god as the creator:
http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thre...2#pid54022
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post