I like shooting down Bible contradictions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2011, 05:43 PM
RE: I like shooting down Bible contradictions
(14-11-2011 05:31 PM)ddrew Wrote:  Hey Megabraindead guy.... whatever yer name is...

megamaster is kind of a self-congratulatory handle.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
14-11-2011, 05:44 PM
(14-11-2011 05:43 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(14-11-2011 05:31 PM)ddrew Wrote:  Hey Megabraindead guy.... whatever yer name is...

Kind of?
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like kineo's post
14-11-2011, 05:46 PM
(14-11-2011 05:40 PM)Glaucus Wrote:  They're tired of your religious dogmas and poor understanding of science, and that's why people are leaving the faith in droves.

Heart Thank you for that link!

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
14-11-2011, 05:47 PM
(14-11-2011 05:44 PM)kineo Wrote:  

Kind of?

Maybe he's hiding some megamastery... Tongue

14-11-2011, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2011 05:55 PM by kim.)
(14-11-2011 05:44 PM)kineo Wrote:  

Kind of?

Tongue He must strut when he walks.

Ok... now we've had our fun... if that is indeed what it is.
We mustn't intrude on master megamasterb ... oh... now you have me doing it!!

fuckin' Atheists

Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
14-11-2011, 05:52 PM
(14-11-2011 05:35 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  
(14-11-2011 09:58 AM)megamaster125 Wrote:  Why is it ok for you guys to say "we don't have all the answers yet," but when I say "I can't fully understand God," you cry foul?

I just saw this and wanted to comment on it.

Why is it not OK for you me to say "I can't fully understand God"?

The simple answer to your question is that your statement makes a false premise, god exists. In other words, you cannot ask questions or make statements about god if there is no evidence he exists.

UNLESS you want to admit the character is fictional, in which case you can make up any question/statement you wish, but it will only be relevant within that fictional realm.

"I can't fully understand Black Holes"?
Premise: Black holes exist. True
Statement: I cannot fully understand black holes. True

"I can't fully understand god"?
Premise: god exist. Unknown
Statement: I cannot fully understand god(who may or may not exist). Unknown

I've been gracious in my arguments to allow the premise that not only does a god exist, but the God of the Bible. Perhaps giving that much ground is simply too much to allow for a logical discussion.
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
14-11-2011, 06:08 PM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2011 06:10 PM by megamaster125.)

I've got a question for you.. no no.. get over yer feelings gettin hurt cause I'm referring to you as brainwashed.. now pay close attention to this next question..

Oh, I don't care what your opinion of me is. Your opinion of me has no real value, I'm just pointing out that insults aren't really getting you anywhere. I care more about God's opinion than yours.

Quote:Why? OH WHY? Does God never answer the prayers of amputee's? Hrmm?? There is no recorded case of an amputee anywhere in the world ever of any person having their limb's regrow back through prayer.

Funny you should bring that up. I was talking with one of my Christian friends the other day, and he's reporting to me a lot of divine healings taking place, one such instance being "growing a leg." He didn't have time to give me more details, but I'm sure I'll hear more next time I talk with him.

(14-11-2011 05:34 PM)Adaptive Wrote:  - Good luck telling god to post your message on the internet.

I don't need God to post a message for me on the internet for the same reason I don't sit around and wait for God to tie my shoes. It's because I am capable of doing those things myself. God isn't required to micro-manage every little thing. God will let me tie my own shoes. It's not like I lay in bed every morning waiting for God's angels to physically appear and lift me out of bed.

Quote:As much as I hate to say it - it really sounds like you are not up for logical reasoning. You are knee deep in your religion disabling you from seeing the other side. I suggest you do some deep scientific reading. Nature can be so beautiful that not knowing how it works makes you want to think that it's been created.

I've seen the other side, and I've been there before. I have no desire to abandon everything I have as a Christian in favor of atheism that offers nothing.

Well, I don't see myself being here much longer.
14-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Quote: Quote:Why? OH WHY? Does God never answer the prayers of amputee's? Hrmm?? There is no recorded case of an amputee anywhere in the world ever of any person having their limb's regrow back through prayer.

Obviously because you cannot pray properly with just one hand!
[+] 1 user Likes mysticjbyrd's post
14-11-2011, 06:13 PM
(14-11-2011 06:08 PM)megamaster125 Wrote:  Oh, I don't care what your opinion of me is. Your opinion of me has no real value, I'm just pointing out that insults aren't really getting you anywhere. I care more about God's opinion than yours.

I've seen the other side, and I've been there before. I have no desire to abandon everything I have as a Christian in favor of atheism that offers nothing.

Where two or more are gathered, there I am.

Remember who said that? Atheists do not laugh at, atheists laugh with.

If you cannot laugh at yourself, you ain't gonna get no good opinion - anywhere.

14-11-2011, 06:17 PM
(14-11-2011 06:08 PM)megamaster125 Wrote:  I've seen the other side, and I've been there before. I have no desire to abandon everything I have as a Christian in favor of atheism that offers nothing.

What does god offer you then? Heaven in the afterlife?