I like shooting down Bible contradictions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2011, 01:23 AM
RE: I like shooting down Bible contradictions
(14-11-2011 06:23 PM)megamaster125 Wrote:  4. A level of love, joy, and peace that can't be attained anywhere else.

I told myself I'd stay away until you stopped with the acrobats, but this is insulting. You have no idea what levels can be achieved. I have more love for humanity because I'm proud of the things we've accomplished over the ages, because some of us have outgrown the superstitions of humanity's infancy. I have more joy because I'm living my life as I see fit, knowing full well that I'm worm food at the end of this. And I'm more at peace because I know this is the only chance I get, my only shot at immortality is to be remembered through my actions in this life.

You'll never know real love because you support the damnation of those who think differently than you. You'll never know real joy because you're accomplishments are taken from you and given to your god as praise. And you'll never know real peace because you're too afraid of eternal torment from your god to think for yourself.

Of all the ideas put forth by science, it is the principle of Superposition that can undo any power of the gods. For the accumulation of smaller actions has the ability to create, destroy, and move the world.

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." -W. E. Henley
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Glaucus's post
15-11-2011, 01:23 AM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2011 02:50 AM by kim.)
(15-11-2011 12:56 AM)ddrew Wrote:  
(15-11-2011 12:48 AM)Azaraith Wrote:  
(15-11-2011 12:26 AM)ddrew Wrote:  
(15-11-2011 12:19 AM)megamaster125 Wrote:  So the Christians were bad because they saved you from homlessness and suicide. Sure, that makes sense.

Find the exact quote where I said the above claim of what you just said... It had better match exactly what you claim that I had said .. word for word.. Find the post where I said " Christians were bad because they saved me from homlessness and suicide.. " find it and repost it..... those are your words and yours alone.. you just fucked up with saying that... go home.. you just lost.. game is over and I just won!
We've got a whole forum of whitnesses of watching what you and I have been saying to one another..

... be very careful here.. you have no claim to what you just said.. hypocrite?? isn't that the biblical word for it?? I'll let the forum decide......

It seems quite clear from your posts that the Bible Temple was merely an option available to you that was the only choice other than homelessness. Had a Buddhist temple or something been available, I'm guessing it wouldn't have made a difference, right? While it is nice for any group to take in people and feed them, many if not most religions do the same thing, as well as many non-religious groups.

It seems religions always have strings attached though - free food & shelter, but you've gotta follow our rules and listen to our preaching so we can convert you. Win for the church, as it helps their image and grows their numbers, increasing their income (tithes) and letting them build giant churches with big-ass displays to show off their lead musicians and pastors.

Well yeah that was my only choice.. my only option.. Life is too rare and precious to just off myself.. commiting an act of crime was not in my moral standards .. (geeze atheists have moral standards) ... and the drive of surviving meant more that just accepting homelessness on the streets..

Megamasterdumbwashed dude.. you still there? I'm still waiting for some comeback from this hole you fell into... God is watching out for you right?? Common I expected better than this.....

So uh, ddrew.... tell us how you really feel. Wink
Heart I love you, man.

As for megamasterbator - -
Quote:So Christianity is completely invalidated because I didn't have an essay response for the 30+ listed contradictions, and I didn't produce them in 5 minutes? Yeah, no, I don't think so.

Gee... let me see.... oh, er, uuuuh... probably no... Christianity is completely invalidated because... We Are Fucking ATHEISTS!

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
15-11-2011, 01:26 AM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2011 01:32 AM by ddrew.)
Hey by the way... Megamasterbrainwashed dead dude... you remember this post??? This was back on page 3.. Yes page 3...... you still havn't responded to it.... I'm still waiting for your response... other translations from other books does not count "The Bible stands alone as the true word of God" ... you must respond with plain english just as the Bible was written .. in plain english.. there is no hidden meaning.. technically speaking.. yada yada bullshit to get you out of this Bible contradiction.. to do so just validates the contradiction by your worming around what the scripture says... ... oh you can't do it can you?? Dude why are you still playing into this delusion of faith that you have.. wake up man.. claim the freedom that can be yours!! Freedom of mind... self thought and self questioning.. freedom of your soul... really.. you won't be condemned to hell by doing so because there is no hell... just reach out to reason and common sense.. you can do it.. !!

(13-11-2011 08:37 PM)ddrew Wrote:  
(12-11-2011 03:37 PM)megamaster125 Wrote:  I always get people telling me that the Bible is filled with contradictions, but I have yet to find an actual contradiction. So, if you each had to pick one alleged contradiction, which would it be? (yes, I'm aware of the big list on this site, but I can't address them all simultaneously, hence this topic)

okay here is where God killed ALL the cattle... there is no way to take what is being said (out of context). It's plain cut and dry what it says.

Exodus 9:3-6
Behold, the hand of the LORD is upon thy cattle which is in the field, upon the horses, upon the asses, upon the camels, upon the oxen, and upon the sheep: there shall be a very grievous murrain. ... And the LORD did that thing on the morrow, and all the cattle of Egypt died.

Wait!!! Hold on .. God had an unknown secret side plan... apparently he saved a few of them wretched cattle to kill later on.. mainly their first borns! Yeah .. God has a thing for killing first borns.. What a loving God eh??

Exodus 9:19
Send therefore now, and gather thy cattle, and all that thou hast in the field; for upon every man and beast which shall be found in the field, and shall not be brought home, the hail shall come down upon them, and they shall die.

Exodus 12:29
At midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.

All them innocent first borns both man and beast... ..oh did I use the word innocent? I forgot they are bearing the sins of Adam. GUILTY!! Kill em' All! ... Seek and Destroy!! ...

screaming "fuckin' MetallicA..."

starts to head-bang

Fuck Yeah!...

sorry got carried away with the killings and things
hehe... time for another beer Big Grin
oh hey found a video on the contradiction i posted on ^^^

http://youtu.be/cXrIO8xpNn8

enjoy!!

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 3 users Like ddrew's post
15-11-2011, 01:29 AM
(15-11-2011 12:19 AM)megamaster125 Wrote:  
(14-11-2011 11:39 PM)Eye Sage Wrote:  You started this thread with a challenge to Atheists. Props for the cajones that took, but you came here with a self-aggrandizing handle and a boast about how you love shooting down Bible contradictions and haven't lived up to either.

So Christianity is completely invalidated because I didn't have an essay response for the 30+ listed contradictions, and I didn't produce them in 5 minutes? Yeah, no, I don't think so.

Who said this was about invalidating Christianity? You came here, into the lions' den, to challenge people. And then you don't accept when they respond do some of the ridiculous claims you make? Somehow that catches you by surprise? No, it's not about refuting Christianity, it's about accepting your challenge. But you've failed so far to really produce good results. You've completely ignored some logical contradictions proposed as well.

Do we expect you to answer everything? No. But I seriously can't believe you thought you'd come here and show us what's what. I'm baffled by both the arrogance and the complete lack of a logical argument.

But, I expected acrobatics, and that's what I see. In any case, this was a fun and amusing thread- also thought provoking. Feel free to come back with your list of answers to the contractions.
(15-11-2011 01:23 AM)Glaucus Wrote:  
(14-11-2011 06:23 PM)megamaster125 Wrote:  4. A level of love, joy, and peace that can't be attained anywhere else.

I told myself I'd stay away until you stopped with the acrobats, but this is insulting. You have no idea what levels can be achieved. I have more love for humanity because I'm proud of the things we've accomplished over the ages, because some of us have outgrown the superstitions of humanity's infancy. I have more joy because I'm living my life as I see fit, knowing full well that I'm worm food at the end of this. And I'm more at peace because I know this is the only chance I get, my only shot at immortality is to be remembered through my actions in this life.

You'll never know real love because you support the damnation of those who think differently than you. You'll never know real joy because you're accomplishments are taken from you and given to your god as praise. And you'll never know real peace because you're too afraid of eternal torment from your god to think for yourself.

Christians are told frequently that God gives them a joy that can't be experienced anywhere else. The guy just doesn't know any better, it's not his fault.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
15-11-2011, 02:34 AM
There is something in this thread that really needs to be addressed.

It's sick things, like giving hope to amputees, that really show how controlling and blindly hateful christianity can be. I mean, lets consider this for a second. We have a person here who would actually believe that god has regenerated a limb for an amputee. As far as megamaster is concerned....well, who cares. But when he goes around spreading false hope like that, and someone who is perhaps desperate and gullible believes it, the harm done is horrible and possibly irrepairable. The sheer stupidity required to believe his "friend" with the information he has is insane, but to spread that information as fact is cruel.

Megamaster, you should be ashamed of yourself. I didn't really get into this thread since it was obvious from the outset you were blindly following a religion based on a book you have very little knowledge about. But once your idiocy flowed into potentially harming others, I decided it was time to say something.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
15-11-2011, 02:41 AM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2011 02:49 AM by kim.)
(15-11-2011 02:34 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Megamaster, you should be ashamed of yourself. I didn't really get into this thread since it was obvious from the outset you were blindly following a religion based on a book you have very little knowledge about. But once your idiocy flowed into potentially harming others, I decided it was time to say something.

Wow. Now I don't feel so bad about calling him megamasterbator.
Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
15-11-2011, 02:55 AM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2011 02:56 AM by houseofcantor.)
(15-11-2011 01:26 AM)ddrew Wrote:  Hey by the way... Megamasterbrainwashed dead dude... you remember this post??? This was back on page 3..
Hey! my post was third. Tongue

He skated around that one too. Big Grin

He's a skater. Besides, he woke the sleeping dragon Raving...

megamastermegamixedupnow. Tongue
(15-11-2011 01:29 AM)kineo Wrote:  Christians are told frequently that God gives them a joy that can't be experienced anywhere else.

Funny. Meth dealer down the street has the same line...

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
15-11-2011, 04:17 AM
I think he's packed up his megachristian bags and done a runner!
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
15-11-2011, 04:26 AM
(15-11-2011 01:23 AM)Glaucus Wrote:  You'll never know real love because you support the damnation of those who think differently than you. You'll never know real joy because your accomplishments are taken from you and given to your god as praise. And you'll never know real peace because you're too afraid of eternal torment from your god to think for yourself.
Amen! Cool
[+] 1 user Likes Adaptive's post
15-11-2011, 09:49 AM
megamaster125.... Hey you can come back now... I'm sober for the moment and I'll be nice to you.. I promise.
mega?? you still there??

megamaster125 >> . . . . static . . . bleep bleep . . . . static . . . .

Lord God>> . . . . . static . . . bleep bleep . . . . . static . . . .

I hope the door didn't hit him in the ass on the way out.
What a bummer... I was starting to like the fella.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 2 users Like ddrew's post