I like this forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2011, 10:00 PM

Exclamation I like this forum
This place is like a small community. I ran out of new threads to read so I joined on another atheist forum (which is bigger with more members) and people there can be real assholes to one another. They seem to have a real elitist attitude. I haven't been on any other forums just 2 (I don't need to be on any more!) do I share this experience with anyone else here?

I've also been on car forums: most people there are gearhead idiots who live in their own little world with their gearhead idiot friends thinking their cars are great and life is all about their particular cars.

I'm also active on a photography forum, it's really fun and people there are really down to earth. It's almost too nice...
Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2011, 10:05 PM
RE: I like this forum
I enjoy this forum, good variety of people and a fairly good amount of respect. Only forum I stay on (and I've been on plenty of other forums, moderated a few myself). And the occasional troll is always fun too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Free, it's funny you should post this, because I was thinking of making almost the exact same post! I belong to a few boards but they are nothing exciting. they are very cliquey, and I am not part of any of the cliques. Wink This board is different though, everyone is great, and respectful, and everyone is welcomed and can participate. It's nice to listen and also feel like you're being heard and accepted. Smile

Group Hug!! <3

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
23-02-2011, 11:34 PM
Indeed, I'm very glad to have run into this forum. I've moderated a lot of groups and everywhere you go it always turns into cliques. This is the first forum I've been to though that is about discussing and debating life. Most every forum out there is either overly technical people who expect you to decipher their comments, or idiots who post something random just to post it. I've lost respect in a lot of my hobbies due to running into the average hobbyist. It's been a while since I've really let myself make large statements I got so tired of
A: No one reading it at all.
B: Completely pointless replies that people pay more attention to.
C: People agreeing with what I say and then never adding anything.

I love praise, (you can tell =p) but when I make all of these large statements I don't want someone to blankly stare in awe of me. I want them to think about what I said. I'm not sharing my views because I think everyone should share them. I just want to be heard and want to hear others. The reason I learned how to speak was because I didn't want to just hear myself all day.

*hug*

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
24-02-2011, 12:48 AM

I quite like this forum, I wish it had a tad bit more traffic though. It can take a while for a thread to get a couple of responses. I run my own forum which as a loose theme in dream interpretation, but no one ever goes past the general discussion.

I always wish my forum had more people, but there's nowhere to promote it. If interested though send me a private message, I'm not going to spam the board with the link lol.
24-02-2011, 03:12 AM
I am very glad I found this community as well. One of the best I have had the pleasure of being apart of.

And photography forums.....im curious which one you frequent. I had belonged to one at one time and loved it there. Just haven't found the time lately.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-02-2011, 07:47 AM

Well let me say that I've been lucky throughout the years to be involved with several fatastic communities on the internet. I've been part of internet communities since maybe 1992? At the time it was usenet newsgroups and mailing lists. Mostly the communities I've been in were music oriented. Anyway I'll be honest at first I wasn't real sure about this group. The topics at first seemed a bit over my head, it didn't seem as much a community as just random people talking sporadically. I stuck around to learn, and let me say in a very short span this group really blossomed nicely. I too really enjoy this group and consider it among my many great online experiences.
24-02-2011, 08:06 AM
(24-02-2011 12:48 AM)Diclonius Wrote:  I always wish my forum had more people, but there's nowhere to promote it. If interested though send me a private message, I'm not going to spam the board with the link lol.

Go right ahead and post a link! It's not spam if it's realevant, and we're discussing forums, so please, post a link to your forum!!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: This is your forum. The few rules we have are for a reason, but I think the reason this forum works so well, is because you guys make it that way.

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
24-02-2011, 09:54 AM

(23-02-2011 11:34 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Indeed, I'm very glad to have run into this forum. I've moderated a lot of groups and everywhere you go it always turns into cliques. This is the first forum I've been to though that is about discussing and debating life. Most every forum out there is either overly technical people who expect you to decipher their comments, or idiots who post something random just to post it. I've lost respect in a lot of my hobbies due to running into the average hobbyist. It's been a while since I've really let myself make large statements I got so tired of
A: No one reading it at all.
B: Completely pointless replies that people pay more attention to.
C: People agreeing with what I say and then never adding anything.

I didn't read what you said entirely, but from what I glanced over, I agree.
24-02-2011, 10:40 AM
I find this forum a comfortable social place - if you get what I mean.
I've been to other forums but this one fits me best.
It's great community. Big Grin

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin