I like this forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2011, 12:44 PM
RE: I like this forum
(24-02-2011 12:48 AM)Diclonius Wrote:  I quite like this forum, I wish it had a tad bit more traffic though.

It's getting better. When I joined it was just me and the "regulars" you see on here with the 800 posts. Now there's a new contributor every week. So it's slowly getting there.

I kinda like the traffic level. Usually in forums your post gets buried in a sea of worthlessness and trolls.

The strange thing is, there seems to be about 200 members on this site and only about 20 or so that actually talk.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2011, 12:47 PM

(24-02-2011 12:44 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  The strange thing is, there seems to be about 200 members on this site and only about 20 or so that actually talk.

In my forum history that's a pretty typical percentage, maybe even high.
Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2011, 01:11 PM
(24-02-2011 08:06 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I've said it before, and I'll say it again: This is your forum. The few rules we have are for a reason, but I think the reason this forum works so well, is because you guys make it that way.

Yep. The quality of TTAF is so high because the community works together to make it that way. We've got a great group of people here. Even if it's a small group, it's a small group of some of the most considerate, thoughtful, supportive people I've ever seen in a single place.

(24-02-2011 12:44 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  It's getting better. When I joined it was just me and the "regulars" you see on here with the 800 posts. Now there's a new contributor every week. So it's slowly getting there.

Yeah. Back when I joined, there were maybe four active members, and I think I'm the only one of them still around. This place has really grown since then.

And it's starting to grow faster. The more traffic we get, the more the site pops up on other peoples' radars. Every member we get spreads the word - purposefully or not - to several others.

And yet we still have one of the lowest troll concentrations on the internet. Funny, that. Well, except David Mabus, but no one cares about him.

It's a good place.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
24-02-2011, 02:11 PM
I really really like this forum. It has become a part of my daily routine. I've only had this level of enjoyment on two other forums (Swimboard and a local airsoft forum, and my interest in those two did eventually die) but the fact that this is a tighter, more supportive, more educated and POLITE community really speaks to me. I recently joined a huge christian forum in the hopes of updating my knowledge of the christian perspective, and it's terrible. There are too many people that spin the threads in too many directions, and only half of them are polite. Not to mention they have strict rules that remind you constantly how pro-christian it is, and they don't allow non-christians to post in some of the more interesting and important areas, so I can't even fulfill my original purpose for going there, namely asking questions.
Another reason why I like this forum is I feel more involved in the atheist community. I felt very alienated for over a decade, with nobody to really talk to about atheism. My fiancee and both brothers are atheists, but none of them have as much interest in discussing it as I have. I also feel more motivated to join in the community, to get out there and say "Yes, we are here, and we are good people!" So this place has been great to me. Smile

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
24-02-2011, 04:58 PM
The one thing I like about this community is that every time I post here and read through the responses I feel like I am in the midst of friends. I am pretty new around here and have not gotten the chance to get to know most of you but I feel welcome. Its been a great experience and I hope it continues for quite a long time.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-02-2011, 05:05 PM
I love this community! Ever since my very first post, I've been relying on this community to help me out when I need it and every time it's come through! Big Grin The people are wonderful, people that I can really call my friends, and that I can learn so much from! If there is a benevolent god, I'm sure it led me here. Wink

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-02-2011, 07:12 PM
In response to my post
(24-02-2011 09:54 AM)Sacrieur Wrote:  I didn't read what you said entirely, but from what I glanced over, I agree.

I just want to laugh right here, hehe, thanks Sacrieur for your response that really summed up what I was saying =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
24-02-2011, 11:42 PM

(24-02-2011 08:06 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(24-02-2011 12:48 AM)Diclonius Wrote:  I always wish my forum had more people, but there's nowhere to promote it. If interested though send me a private message, I'm not going to spam the board with the link lol.

Go right ahead and post a link! It's not spam if it's realevant, and we're discussing forums, so please, post a link to your forum!!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: This is your forum. The few rules we have are for a reason, but I think the reason this forum works so well, is because you guys make it that way.

Ok well my dream forum is the following :
http://darkdreams.info/

We used to have quite detailed debates going on in the religion section, until our theists ran away. But hey there are still some posts there Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2011, 01:10 AM
(24-02-2011 11:42 PM)Diclonius Wrote:  We used to have quite detailed debates going on in the religion section, until our theists ran away.

Did you ask them too many logical questions that they couldn't BS their way out of?

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
25-02-2011, 07:22 AM
(25-02-2011 01:10 AM)No J. Wrote:  
(24-02-2011 11:42 PM)Diclonius Wrote:  We used to have quite detailed debates going on in the religion section, until our theists ran away.

Did you ask them too many logical questions that they couldn't BS their way out of?
How do you BS your way out of something ?
Using a bull , rubber gloves and laxatives ?

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin