I like you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2012, 12:02 PM
RE: I like you
(16-12-2012 11:32 AM)Vera Wrote:  Hey, I come from a place where we eat brains (and they are delicious). Liver is for lightweights.

I like tulips. And nightingales.
Mmmmm, lamb brain. Love me some lamb brain.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Or cow. Was having a chat with some friends from different parts of the world about the weirdest things we'd eaten and they were all shocked at brains. And one them was in the habit if eating fish eyes. Testicles were also mentioned. No

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
16-12-2012, 12:14 PM
(16-12-2012 11:55 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 11:43 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Like tears, in the rain. ...
"C'è chi aspetta la pioggia per non piangere da solo"

(everything sounds more beautiful in Italian)

"There are those who wait for the rain to keep from crying alone."

Yeah, that's gonna sound pretty pussy coming from Rutger Hauer.

Sounds a little less pussy in his native Dutch tongue, "Er zijn mensen die wachten op de regen om niet te huilen alleen."

Now if Vosur said it in German, "Es sind diejenigen, die für den regen warten, um zu weinen allein behalten." ... I'm like batten down the hatches bitches, there's a fucking storm coming.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-12-2012, 12:17 PM
(16-12-2012 12:09 PM)Vera Wrote:  Or cow. Was having a chat with some friends from different parts of the world about the weirdest things we'd eaten and they were all shocked at brains. And one them was in the habit if eating fish eyes. Testicles were also mentioned. No
Not a big fan of organ meat as a rule, but nothing makes me squeamish. Only brains I've ever had is lamb (my local butcher often makes it available), but I'll be sure to try beef if I find it.

When I spent time in the arctic, I was able to watch a seal hunt. I was given the honor of eating one of the seal eyes. I was very pleasantly surprised. It was actually sweet like candy. That explained why all the kids were hanging around like little vultures! Lol.

Wow, talk about derailing huh?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
16-12-2012, 12:25 PM
(16-12-2012 12:17 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 12:09 PM)Vera Wrote:  Or cow. Was having a chat with some friends from different parts of the world about the weirdest things we'd eaten and they were all shocked at brains. And one them was in the habit if eating fish eyes. Testicles were also mentioned. No
Not a big fan of organ meat as a rule, but nothing makes me squeamish. Only brains I've ever had is lamb (my local butcher often makes it available), but I'll be sure to try beef if I find it.

Fish eyes and fried mountain oysters are both fucking delicious. Ain't never gonna eat no cow brains, Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease and whatnot. Now tripe, tripe is truly disgusting.

(16-12-2012 12:17 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Wow, talk about derailing huh?

What derailing?

16-12-2012, 12:26 PM
(16-12-2012 12:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  "There are those who wait for the rain to keep from crying alone."
Yeah, that's gonna sound pretty pussy coming from Rutger Hauer.
Sounds a little less pussy in his native Dutch tongue, "Er zijn mensen die wachten op de regen om niet te huilen alleen."
Now if Vosur said it in German, "Es sind diejenigen, die für den regen warten, um zu weinen allein behalten." ... I'm like batten down the hatches bitches, there's a fucking storm coming.
How about if I said it? Има такива, които чакат да завали, за да не плачат сами (Ima takiva, koito chakat da zavali, za da ne plachat sami.) Tongue

And sometimes it's about subtlety and gentleness, not butchness... it's your Y chromosome talking again Laugh out load

(16-12-2012 12:17 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Not a big fan of organ meat as a rule, but nothing makes me squeamish. Only brains I've ever had is lamb (my local butcher often makes it available), but I'll be sure to try beef if I find it.

When I spent time in the arctic, I was able to watch a seal hunt. I was given the honor of eating one of the seal eyes. I was very pleasantly surprised. It was actually sweet like candy. That explained why all the kids were hanging around like little vultures! Lol.

Wow, talk about derailing huh?
What annoys me is that this is such a first world reaction. Not too long ago people from those countries used to eat all these things, because it's about making the best use of the often limited food you have. I find it kind of respectful - not wasting the flesh of the animal you've killed and also not wasting food when there are people starving to death in the world. (not that I eat brains on a regular basis, haven't had any since I was kid, but it's the principle of the thing)

Eyes however look like they have a horrible texture. And are kind of creepy, like they're watching me. I don't even like fish that still has its head.

Leela won't mind too much. She's cool Cool

16-12-2012, 12:28 PM
(16-12-2012 12:17 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Wow, talk about derailing huh?

....I'm just over here flippin' pancakes.

Yup.

Gonna' just have me some pancakes with honey....

Angel

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Percepticon's post
16-12-2012, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2012 12:37 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-12-2012 12:26 PM)Vera Wrote:  ... it's your Y chromosome talking again

Which one's that again? ... I'm easily confused. ... Ah fuck it, I don't really give a shit, I'm used to being confused by now.

(16-12-2012 12:28 PM)Percepticon Wrote:  ....I'm just over here flippin' pancakes.

Yup.

Gonna' just have me some pancakes with honey....

I miss pancakes. Haven't had them since my diabetes diagnosis. Think I can substitute chickpea flour though, looks like it has a low glycemic index. ... Hell I could even use that to make cookies and shit.

16-12-2012, 12:37 PM
(16-12-2012 12:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Which one's that again? ... I'm easily confused. ... Ah fuck it, I don't really give a shit, I'm used to being confused by now.
(To hammer the last nail in the derailment coffin)

16-12-2012, 12:43 PM
I like you
(16-12-2012 12:02 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 11:32 AM)Vera Wrote:  Hey, I come from a place where we eat brains (and they are delicious). Liver is for lightweights.

I like tulips. And nightingales.
Mmmmm, lamb brain. Love me some lamb brain.

I had raw lamb brain tartar once.

Once was more than enough.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post