I like your shirt man!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2015, 12:13 PM
RE: I like your shirt man!
I didn't come outright and say it in my first post, but I am glad there *are* folks out there who are brave enough to wear atheist shirts (like you, gwg). It was very encouraging for me that night I saw the guy with the Scarlet A shirt on. Felt like I wasn't alone. Blush And here in Texas, one often feels alone in their atheism.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
07-06-2015, 12:36 PM
GWoG that's a great shirt. Smile

An acquaintance has one of those "coexist" bumper stickers on their car. I mentioned once it's a pity there's no "a" in coexist.

They asked why...

I replied theres no room for atheists. The next time I saw the the car they placed a different bumper sticker over the coexist one (i seem to see their car more than them). Something environmental. I wonder if I had anything to do with it?

I don't know personally if I could wear anything atheist related in public.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-06-2015, 01:03 PM
That place looks and sounds very cool.

I don't wear atheist clothing as I don't really see why I should. I guess I might if I lived in the states and it was safe to do so. But since religion pays such a small part of my life here in Denmark it would just be strange.
[+] 3 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
07-06-2015, 02:05 PM
(07-06-2015 01:03 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  But since religion pays such a small part of my life here in Denmark it would just be strange.

That's how it is in my area in a suburb of Washington D.C. In walking distance of my house I have a Hindu temple, a Buddhist temple, 2 Jewish synagogues, 2 Baptist churches, 2 Universal Unitarian congregations, the world headquarters of the Seventh Day Adventists, and one Santaria church where they offer to choke your chicken. Atheists ain't even noticed here.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
07-06-2015, 02:18 PM
(07-06-2015 02:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-06-2015 01:03 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  But since religion pays such a small part of my life here in Denmark it would just be strange.

That's how it is in my area in a suburb of Washington D.C. In walking distance of my house I have a Hindu temple, a Buddhist temple, 2 Jewish synagogues, 2 Baptist churches, 2 Universal Unitarian congregations, the world headquarters of the Seventh Day Adventists, and one Santaria church where they offer to choke your chicken. Atheists ain't even noticed here.
Hehehe well that's not really how it is here. There's a church that I suspect only fills up at christmas. And that's it. . . Wait I think there might be some Jehovah's witnesses too.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
07-06-2015, 06:13 PM
(07-06-2015 02:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

It's funny how just two hours of driving makes a difference. I'm in NC, and I don't think I'd be safe wearing an atheist shirt. Used to have an acquaintance in Fairfax, but he was so freaking huge no one would get in his face about anything he'd wear.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
07-06-2015, 06:21 PM
Actually, come to think of it, I prefer it when people come up to me and say they'd like to see me without my shirt.

Just kidding Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
07-06-2015, 06:38 PM
(07-06-2015 10:09 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(07-06-2015 09:51 AM)DLJ Wrote:  ... the morrow
... money lending
... investments
... family harmony
... figs.

Take your pick.

That's it !

No no no.
Jebus no likey figs.

Tongue

In rainbow colors...or with something like this on it:

[Image: stickmen-holding-hands-peace-shirt-pi_mg-2_PI69.jpg]

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
07-06-2015, 08:03 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2015 11:01 PM by DLJ.)
(07-06-2015 08:59 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(07-06-2015 08:37 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  If I had any I'd wear them. I have a "I'm good without god" sticker on my car. I have yet to be vandalized.

this is where I am a coward....I love my car....it gets a scratch I am horrified....so I badly want to put on the EVOLVE fish, or Goodwithoutgod sticker, or some other relative in your face atheist thing but I fear my car will be vandalized. If I was to walk out to my car and someone had scratched it or thrown a brick through the window or whatever I would be beside myself. Weeping

Again, sad that has to be a factor isn't it? I Imagine not a single christian ever had to worry about being victimized because they put a fish on their car....

Isn't it interesting how we are the ones that have to worry about the evil christians when it comes to stuff like this?
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
07-06-2015, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2015 11:05 PM by DLJ.)
duplicate of above.
Above post edited and this duplicated removed.

What's up, Hobbitgirl. Are you pregnant again?
Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post