yes
no
[Show Results]

I'll probably stand with Rand - he's a more reasonable man

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2015, 01:09 PM
RE: I'll probably stand with Rand - he's a more reasonable man
(09-04-2015 12:03 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I think Hillary is an incompetent person for the office.
I think have heard somethings durring Ted Cruz's introduction that seemed uninspired, because what really sparked my interest in Rand Paul was his slogan, "Change Washington," I mean, "Defeat the Washington Machine."

So you post a bunch of crap assertions with not one bit of support, and tell me to back my shit up ?

Remind me again who's trolling, fucktard.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
09-04-2015, 01:16 PM
(09-04-2015 12:03 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(09-04-2015 10:40 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You'd maybe be best off if you proclaimed who you think these other candidates are and what defines a person as "reasonable."
I think Hillary is an incompetent person for the office.
I think have heard somethings durring Ted Cruz's introduction that seemed uninspired, because what really sparked my interest in Rand Paul was his slogan, "Change Washington," I mean, "Defeat the Washington Machine."

YES WE CAN - YES WE CAN - YES WE CAN!

[Image: -1x-1.png]

So is this basis of "more reasonable" based on the only other current candidate defined running and another presumed runner?

Based on the 20-30 candidates that will be running for the Dems, Reps, and other parties then no I wouldn't deem Rand to be more reasonable than most. More than some of them like Ben Carson if that somehow intelligent brain surgeon who is so politically dumb man runs.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
09-04-2015, 01:26 PM
(09-04-2015 10:49 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I like some of his positions, namely on reducing America's overseas military presences and his revulsion at NSA misdeeds -- but he's got too many negatives for my taste.

As a libertarian, his sponsorship of a bill that would deny women the right to choice in reproduction, even in the cases of rape or incest, is sickening. Some small government there, sticking it into a woman's womb.

His stance on Title II of the CRA of 1964 is repellent as well. The idea that a business should be able to discriminate against minorities in serving or hiring them is antithetical to the essence of our nation.

He won't get my vote. I do wish Gary Johnson would run.

Do you have links supporting your allegations?
09-04-2015, 04:45 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2015 04:59 PM by Smercury44.)
I was one that supported his dad, but fuck I can't stand Rand. He's always such an ass, and he seems to want to use religion to inform policy.

To KUSA, if you don't beleive thump's assertion that Rand thinks it's ok for businesses to discriminate however they like, it is true. I don't have links... Meh can't be bothered Laugh out load but it goes with his stance on extremely limited government. He doesn't think government should be able to make privately held business follow civil rights laws. He tried to tap dance around that a couple of years ago I believe. I also just read an article about him today where he is willing to state plainly that he is personally against abortion. When pressed on whether this would inform his decisions on policy.... He tap dances, and gets angry with the reporter. Which of course we all know this means... Yes

Ugh ok. Here are links lol

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con...03500.html

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/201..._jerk.html
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
09-04-2015, 06:02 PM
Paul is all about getting the government out of people's lives. If he personally dislikes abortion then big deal, most people don't care for it. I heard Joe Biden say in the debate last election that he doesn't like it.

With that said, if he becomes president he should not impose the government on the choice to abort or not. If he does then he goes against the core beliefs that he stands for.

With all that aside, I will vote for Rand Paul for one reason.

[hide]
He looks like Patrick Duffey.

[/hide]
09-04-2015, 06:18 PM
(09-04-2015 12:34 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I won't vote for anyone who's a dynasty candidate....

It's bad enough they want to shove two political parties down our throats.

Keep voting for the offspring of previous politicians - and they'll cut back to two political families.....

I'd rather see someone in office who's willing to do the job for a few years, then go back to making a living.

Fuckin' A.
09-04-2015, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2015 06:59 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(09-04-2015 01:26 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(09-04-2015 10:49 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I like some of his positions, namely on reducing America's overseas military presences and his revulsion at NSA misdeeds -- but he's got too many negatives for my taste.

As a libertarian, his sponsorship of a bill that would deny women the right to choice in reproduction, even in the cases of rape or incest, is sickening. Some small government there, sticking it into a woman's womb.

His stance on Title II of the CRA of 1964 is repellent as well. The idea that a business should be able to discriminate against minorities in serving or hiring them is antithetical to the essence of our nation.

He won't get my vote. I do wish Gary Johnson would run.

Do you have links supporting your allegations?

Glad you asked, KUSA -- I sure do.

About abortion: http://www.prolifealliance.com/LCA%20Fact%20Sheet.pdf:

Quote:A Life at Conception Act - as introduced in the 113th Congress by Congressman Jim Jordan (H.R. 1091) and in the Senate by Senator Rand Paul (S. 583) - is legislation that, quite simply, would declare the unborn to be “persons” under the 14th Amendment to the Constitution, and therefore entitled to the right to life guaranteed therein.

The prelude is obvious.

About the CRA of 1964, he clearly doesn't think government should enforce equal rights:

He dances around the question, but he is clearly not invested in using the government to enforce equality in the marketplace. That, alone, will cost him my vote, because I have no interest in any candidate who is disinterested in equality. If the government issues a business permit, the government has the right and the power to establish conditions pursuant to that permit. And it is in the best interests of all involved to ensure equal treatment for all in the common sector.

If a businessman don't like black folk, that's his business. But if he wishes to deny them service, that should certainly be considered when reviewing his permit application.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
09-04-2015, 10:14 PM
Rand Paul crushes Debbie Wasserman Shultz on abortion.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/04/09/s...rds-193895

One cockroach at a time.
09-04-2015, 11:10 PM
(09-04-2015 10:14 PM)Billy Bob Wrote:  Rand Paul crushes Debbie Wasserman Shultz on abortion.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/04/09/s...rds-193895

Another way to ask that question is, why do you value the baby so much you'd deny the mother the right to full health care?

Because, you know, there's that.

The idea that a "libertarian" should advocate for inserting government inside a woman's uterus would be laughable, except that the broader public actually overlooks the contradictions in order to cheer their own team.

It's a shitty time to be a voter, no doubt.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
10-04-2015, 09:04 AM
I actually thought this was a joke thread. Then I realized you were being serious. As a female I wouldn't vote for this nitwit if you put a gun to my head. No one tells me what to do with my womb.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post