yes
no
[Show Results]

I'll probably stand with Rand - he's a more reasonable man

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2015, 10:07 AM
RE: I'll probably stand with Rand - he's a more reasonable man
(09-04-2015 06:53 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  He dances around the question, but he is clearly not invested in using the government to enforce equality in the marketplace. That, alone, will cost him my vote, because I have no interest in any candidate who is disinterested in equality. If the government issues a business permit, the government has the right and the power to establish conditions pursuant to that permit. And it is in the best interests of all involved to ensure equal treatment for all in the common sector.

If a businessman don't like black folk, that's his business. But if he wishes to deny them service, that should certainly be considered when reviewing his permit application.

What if a businessman does not like stupid and obnoxious people (some would describe me) - does the business man have to serve them, or does the businessman reserve the right to refuse to serve???

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2015, 10:11 AM
(10-04-2015 09:04 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I actually thought this was a joke thread. Then I realized you were being serious. As a female I wouldn't vote for this nitwit if you put a gun to my head. No one tells me what to do with my womb.

Yeah, but we have a welfare population that is beginning to burden the expectations of a modern sophisticated society that appreciates economic efficiency more than in the past. I believe compulsory abortions are imminent.

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
10-04-2015, 10:15 AM
(09-04-2015 01:16 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  So is this basis of "more reasonable" based on the only other current candidate defined running and another presumed runner?

Based on the 20-30 candidates that will be running for the Dems, Reps, and other parties then no I wouldn't deem Rand to be more reasonable than most. More than some of them like Ben Carson if that somehow intelligent brain surgeon who is so politically dumb man runs.

Dude, you make it sound like you got this review of reasoning down to a rigorous scientific format. Who do you think is the most reasonable person alive in the world, today - you?

10-04-2015, 10:23 AM
(10-04-2015 10:15 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(09-04-2015 01:16 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  So is this basis of "more reasonable" based on the only other current candidate defined running and another presumed runner?

Based on the 20-30 candidates that will be running for the Dems, Reps, and other parties then no I wouldn't deem Rand to be more reasonable than most. More than some of them like Ben Carson if that somehow intelligent brain surgeon who is so politically dumb man runs.

Dude, you make it sound like you got this review of reasoning down to a rigorous scientific format. Who do you think is the most reasonable person alive in the world, today - you?

Nope, and not even close. But you can go ahead and think what you will.

I'm just simply not convinced a frequently overly on edge libertarian viewing Man with Rands political statements leaning more toward the current mainstream conservative views is likely fitting the most reasonable group. If his site and recent comments weren't more of his leaning towards the current republican brass he might of stood out as more reasonable... he'd of course not be a viable candidate to win the GOP nomination though.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
10-04-2015, 11:12 AM
(10-04-2015 10:11 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 09:04 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I actually thought this was a joke thread. Then I realized you were being serious. As a female I wouldn't vote for this nitwit if you put a gun to my head. No one tells me what to do with my womb.

Yeah, but we have a welfare population that is beginning to burden the expectations of a modern sophisticated society that appreciates economic efficiency more than in the past. I believe compulsory abortions are imminent.

By sophisticated society you actually mean the rich. There is a greater disparity between the rich and middle class than ever before and an even larger distance between the rich and poor. This idiot wouldn't mind stretching it even further.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
10-04-2015, 12:46 PM
I'll probably stand with Rand - he's a more reasonable man
This whole abortion thing has got me thinking. It seems that it really is the way to go. There are just too many people on the planet as it is. We out to do like China and abort all the overage we don't want.

We can use all the biomaterial as a protein source to feed the undernourished poor people.

Now I know this sounds like satire but I'm actually serious.
10-04-2015, 01:32 PM
(10-04-2015 12:46 PM)KUSA Wrote:  This whole abortion thing has got me thinking. It seems that it really is the way to go. There are just too many people on the planet as it is. We out to do like China and abort all the overage we don't want.

We can use all the biomaterial as a protein source to feed the undernourished poor people.

Now I know this sounds like satire but I'm actually serious.

Sound like a modest proposal to me.
Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
10-04-2015, 03:49 PM
(10-04-2015 10:07 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(09-04-2015 06:53 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  He dances around the question, but he is clearly not invested in using the government to enforce equality in the marketplace. That, alone, will cost him my vote, because I have no interest in any candidate who is disinterested in equality. If the government issues a business permit, the government has the right and the power to establish conditions pursuant to that permit. And it is in the best interests of all involved to ensure equal treatment for all in the common sector.

If a businessman don't like black folk, that's his business. But if he wishes to deny them service, that should certainly be considered when reviewing his permit application.

What if a businessman does not like stupid and obnoxious people (some would describe me) - does the business man have to serve them, or does the businessman reserve the right to refuse to serve???

Discrimination laws are in place to protect people from being discriminated against for things they have no choice over. Race, gender, age, sexual orientation, etc. Being an asshole is a choice, and therefore not protected.
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
10-04-2015, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2015 04:33 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-04-2015 10:07 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  What if a businessman does not like stupid and obnoxious people (some would describe me) - does the business man have to serve them, or does the businessman reserve the right to refuse to serve???

Refusing service based on a lack of at least a minimal standard of hygiene is not discrimination, it's a public health issue. Bums are not a protected class.

(10-04-2015 10:11 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Yeah, but we have a welfare population that is beginning to burden the expectations of a modern sophisticated society that appreciates economic efficiency more than in the past.

Now this is something that TrainWreck actually knows a thing or two about. In fact, he's quite the expert.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
18-04-2015, 05:54 PM
I can't support a candidate that has openly admitted he would take away basic civil rights from the LGBT community.
[+] 4 users Like jojorumbles's post