I lost the brakes in my car while driving last Friday.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2012, 02:54 PM
RE: I lost the brakes in my car while driving last Friday.
It was my divine will that saved you KC...... I thought it wouldnt be right you popping your clogs after I had used my powers to make you a moderator of this forum.

Didnt want you to become a martyr or something........

On a serious note...... Glad your ok dude, sounds like you handled the situation as well as can be expected.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
07-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Thanks, guys Smile

Yeah, it was some pretty scary stuff. I know I should've paid attention to my brakes when they first started acting up. Won't ever make that mistake again.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
07-09-2012, 11:51 PM
What would we have done if KC had disappeared without a trace? Sad
08-09-2012, 12:06 AM
(07-09-2012 11:51 PM)rook2004 Wrote:  What would we have done if KC had disappeared without a trace? Sad

Prayed for his resurrection?

KC,
Happy to know you are ok. Seems like with Isaac n'all... you've read the story of Job, right?

(btw, everyone, who else was tempted just to write "It's a miracle!"?)

10-09-2012, 03:46 AM
(08-09-2012 12:06 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(07-09-2012 11:51 PM)rook2004 Wrote:  What would we have done if KC had disappeared without a trace? Sad

Prayed for his resurrection?

KC,
Happy to know you are ok. Seems like with Isaac n'all... you've read the story of Job, right?

(btw, everyone, who else was tempted just to write "It's a miracle!"?)

Nah, I think he's got the praying for his resurrection covered already.
10-09-2012, 04:36 AM
Ahhh, KC, "drums are gone"? Drums? What car do you drive and where are your DISK breaks and preferably ABS?

Big Grin

God is watching over you man...

Evil_monster

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
10-09-2012, 05:22 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2012 05:25 AM by Logisch.)
(10-09-2012 04:36 AM)Filox Wrote:  Ahhh, KC, "drums are gone"? Drums? What car do you drive and where are your DISK breaks and preferably ABS?

Big Grin

God is watching over you man...

Evil_monster

ABS? PFFFFT.

I do not own a single car with ABS, I hate ABS.

I have had brakes fail on me before though. It was ENTIRELY MY FAULT. A 40 year old car (coincidentally, the one in my avatar). I bought it with thinking everything being replaced prior was in great shape. I did not, however, inspect the master cylinder. I had a spare that came with the car, brand new.

Instead of installing it, I went "Oh I'll do it later."

Not even a week into owning the car, as I'm driving down the road, my brakes go. Foot down, nothing. THANKFULLY the way the seal failed in such a way that if you pumped it enough, you had some pressure and if you held your foot, you could keep it there. So planning ahead of time I could quickly pump the pedal for pressure, stopping in time.

It was still a horrifying experienced because when it failed, I had no brakes the first time and ended up going through a red light. This was at 11pm at night, so I was the only soul on the road at that time.

The very next day I replaced the master, inspected the calipers, checked my pads, flushed the entire system and haven't worried since.

One could easily blame the previous owner, or blame the car's age, but it was MY responsibility on something such as an old vintage car to make due diligence in ensuring it in proper shape to be on the road with other people. As it is for anyone who drives.

On my latest project, I took no chances. I rebuilt all 4 calipers, installed SS lines, new hard lines, new master cylinder and went through everything I possibly could.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
10-09-2012, 06:53 AM
Yeah, breaks are my most precious part of the car, everything can fail, but breaks are not allowed to. But there are a lot of way to stop a car without breaks, if you have some time to do it. This is the part where having a manual gearbox comes in handy, you can do shit with automatic, then there is whole "pumping" thing, hand-break, hitting something of no importance (Christian)...

BTW, what is that car Logisch?

-Hunter S. Thompson
10-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Take a guess! Smile (I like guessing games)
11-09-2012, 12:00 AM
[Image: 85fierol36b.jpg]

?????

-Hunter S. Thompson