I love my wife a lot but sometimes I am mean to her

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2016, 06:16 PM
RE: I love my wife a lot but sometimes I am mean to her
Practice mindfulness, ask for or extend forgiveness as appropriate, and avoid sarcasm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
20-11-2016, 09:58 PM
Thank you very much for the quick replies, my wife and I have been talking a lot today about a lot of things, remembering the fights we had and how solved them, about the the wonderful things that tie us together and the future we have ahead us.
We won't be able to get counseling here at least not profesional counseling, we live in a small comunity in a rural area, so is a very bad idea to get sick here
[+] 1 user Likes isyreri's post
20-11-2016, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2016 10:04 PM by isyreri.)
Thank you very much for the quick replies, my wife and I have been talking a lot today about a lot of things, remembering the fights we had and how solved them, about the the wonderful things that tie us together and the future we have ahead us.
We won't be able to get counseling here at least not profesional counseling, we live in a small comunity in a rural area, so is a very bad idea to get sick here
20-11-2016, 10:04 PM
Somehow I feel more confident now. I will share your replies with her, there are some things I haven't tell her about me I know she knows but is better if I tell her myself. My town has become more open recently but is not completely safe yet.
21-11-2016, 04:18 AM
Be open to her thoughts, and forgo defensiveness. Putting up walls is great for defense, but makes reaching out that much harder. And isn't the goal reaching out?
25-11-2016, 10:11 AM
if you loved her, you wouldnt be mean to her, freals
25-11-2016, 11:44 AM
(25-11-2016 10:11 AM)ThisIsGod Wrote:  if you loved her, you wouldnt be mean to her, freals

Nonsense, its perfectly possible to love someone dearly and still be mean to that person, I loved my dad dearly and I was frequently mean to him because I found him irritating. People are frequently meanest to those they love most because you often spend large amounts of time with them in a closed environment and because they are a known quantity in terms of reactions etc. If being mean to someone is a sign you don't love them then there would scarcely be an intact family unit in existence on the whole planet.
Yours is an incredibly nieve proposition which basically is saying that unless a persons attitude and behavior is impossibility perfect you don't really love and care for them, in fact its not just nieve its frankly patently ridiculous.
25-11-2016, 11:59 AM
(25-11-2016 10:11 AM)ThisIsGod Wrote:  if you loved her, you wouldnt be mean to her, freals

Then love doesn't exist because everyone's inner bitch flares up from time to time. You fuck up. You apologize. You try to do better. It's also called being human, human being.
[+] 2 users Like I'mFred's post
25-11-2016, 12:11 PM
(25-11-2016 11:44 AM)adey67 Wrote:  

Nonsense, its perfectly possible to love someone dearly and still be mean to that person, I loved my dad dearly and I was frequently mean to him because I found him irritating. People are frequently meanest to those they love most because you often spend large amounts of time with them in a closed environment and because they are a known quantity in terms of reactions etc. If being mean to someone is a sign you don't love them then there would scarcely be an intact family unit in existence on the whole planet.
Yours is an incredibly nieve proposition which basically is saying that unless a persons attitude and behavior is impossibility perfect you don't really love and care for them, in fact its not just nieve its frankly patently ridiculous.

Also have you considered that your post to this person was potentially damaging ? He feels bad knows there's a problem has come for helpful advice and you technically go tell him he doesn't love his wife wtf?!!!! Congratulations you've just been mean.
26-11-2016, 10:07 AM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2016 10:19 AM by The Organic Chemist.)
(20-11-2016 10:01 PM)isyreri Wrote:  Thank you very much for the quick replies, my wife and I have been talking a lot today about a lot of things, remembering the fights we had and how solved them, about the the wonderful things that tie us together and the future we have ahead us.

Out of curiosity, when you are being an ass, what exactly are you doing? Is she proving you wrong and you just are not admitting defeat, or are you articulating your points and she is just dismissing them

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac