I love simple product ideas that can impact 3rd world counties for the good

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2014, 04:03 PM
I love simple product ideas that can impact 3rd world counties for the good
Here's another. A solar powered stove. lightweight, portable, cooks food fast, doesn't burn fossil fuels, can boil water. Just amazing. If we camped more, I would probably get one.

Watch the video on the link...

http://grist.org/list/this-portable-sola...ium=update

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
27-05-2014, 07:27 PM
RE: I love simple product ideas that can impact 3rd world counties for the good
(25-05-2014 04:03 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Here's another. A solar powered stove. lightweight, portable, cooks food fast, doesn't burn fossil fuels, can boil water. Just amazing. If we camped more, I would probably get one.

Watch the video on the link...

http://grist.org/list/this-portable-sola...ium=update

I love this one, Solar FREAKIN' Roadways lol. Idk if you have heard about them or not, made a thread about them with a video on it.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
27-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Shit that was the wrong link Unsure

I can never remember if I shared something here or on Facebook or both. Confused

Oh well.

Cool roads Thumbsup

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
27-05-2014, 07:39 PM
(27-05-2014 07:33 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Shit that was the wrong link Unsure

I can never remember if I shared something here or on Facebook or both. Confused

Oh well.

Cool roads Thumbsup

Between Solar Roads and Solar Ovens were set lol. Just need Solar Televisions and people can be lazy and help the environment at the same time.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
27-05-2014, 08:20 PM
There's no particular need for discrete solar-powered appliances in a lot of applications. The grid is more efficient - make that solar powered.

The exception being, of course, precisely those places where there is no electrical infrastructure.

Still, the economies of scale and the efficiencies of larger-scale transformation remain.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
27-05-2014, 09:36 PM
(27-05-2014 08:20 PM)cjlr Wrote:  There's no particular need for discrete solar-powered appliances in a lot of applications. The grid is more efficient - make that solar powered.

The exception being, of course, precisely those places where there is no electrical infrastructure.

Still, the economies of scale and the efficiencies of larger-scale transformation remain.

I agree, just convert our current electrical grid into solar power. Cost a lot less money and would be much more simple to do.

27-05-2014, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2014 10:57 PM by Alex_Leonardo.)
I hope people here understand that solar panels don't give you much energy, and, if they are in direct sunlight too long they drop in efficiency. The best thing to do would be to invest in fusion reactors. Solar roads are one of the worst ideas. The solar panels would take repeated damage from cars, certain areas of the roads would be in the sun, all day, the other parts would be under cars all day during rush hour. Not to even mention how much money it would cost. The thing we should have is dynamic roadway painting. It's easy to repair, it doesn't run on electricity, and it's paint. Sounds better than putting a few tons on top of something that won't generate much power.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
28-05-2014, 12:26 AM
(27-05-2014 10:51 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  I hope people here understand that solar panels don't give you much energy, and, if they are in direct sunlight too long they drop in efficiency. The best thing to do would be to invest in fusion reactors. Solar roads are one of the worst ideas. The solar panels would take repeated damage from cars, certain areas of the roads would be in the sun, all day, the other parts would be under cars all day during rush hour. Not to even mention how much money it would cost. The thing we should have is dynamic roadway painting. It's easy to repair, it doesn't run on electricity, and it's paint. Sounds better than putting a few tons on top of something that won't generate much power.

If you watch the video on my thread the panels are made of tempered glass i think it was. It can hold more than 20 tons I think it said. It is up to standards. They are easier fixes, no pot holes or cracks or anything so less costs to repair. Up to 70% less carbon emission so better for our environment. I can go on as to why they are better but you can go watch the video lol.

28-05-2014, 12:48 AM
(27-05-2014 09:36 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 08:20 PM)cjlr Wrote:  There's no particular need for discrete solar-powered appliances in a lot of applications. The grid is more efficient - make that solar powered.

I agree, just convert our current electrical grid into solar power. Cost a lot less money and would be much more simple to do.

At least here in the United States, our entire infrastructure needs an overhaul; including the electrical grid. We need more renewable energy sources and just about the entire grid needs to be rebuilt and future proofed. All we need is one good solar flare or storm and we could lose the grid for months, resulting in a catastrophe that would make 9-11 look like a prank in comparison. Why in the hell this isn't a massive job creating public works project (a la' FDR's New Deal and Great Society when they built the interstate highways and Hoover Damn) is fucking beyond me. Our politicians are bought at the national level, and corporate America is too myopic to see past next quarter's profits. Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post