I love this forum, and like 99% of the people on it, but…

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2012, 12:31 PM
RE: I love this forum, and like 99% of the people on it, but…
(03-12-2012 12:05 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Yeah, Free, it's all about you... Dodgy

Tongue

I kinda thought that way myself, and it may be, but it looks more like Egor.
I think it's about your fucking Gwynnies. Dodgy

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
03-12-2012, 12:35 PM
We are only humans Mark. Did you except the people on a forum with highly intelligent and educated people who discuss and argue the existence of us and the universe to back down their opinions? Opinions are going to clash. I am pretty sure everyone on this planet, even you would have that thing of being right when discussing something quite passionate and personal to you. That's what happen when you have quite sceptic and cynical people on this forum including me. My mother says I am becoming bitter. I guess the cynical side of me is slowly emerging. LOL!

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
[+] 3 users Like tazmin98's post
03-12-2012, 12:36 PM
(03-12-2012 12:05 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Yeah, Free, it's all about you... Dodgy

Tongue

Whew. It's not me this time.

I entered this topic thinking, "Awww crap, what did I do this time?"

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
03-12-2012, 12:38 PM

Tongue

Blaming Egor is fine with me, at least it gets me out of the big spotlight!

Angel

How can anyone become an atheist when we were all born with no religious beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were ...
BORN THIS WAY
03-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Ok now I'm intimidated by #14 but I'll risk it anyway. The personal attacks are annoying and distracting from the threads. I admire KC's patience in this regard - among others.
03-12-2012, 02:53 PM
(03-12-2012 12:31 PM)Vosur Wrote:  

Tongue

I think it's about your fucking Gwynnies. Dodgy
Everything's about my Gwynnies. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2012, 03:06 PM
I would say I've done all of those things and tried to stay as objective and pragmatic as possible, and have admitted to being wrong on several occasions.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
03-12-2012, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2012 03:28 PM by GirlyMan.)
15. An inability to tolerate violators of 1-14.

(03-12-2012 12:35 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  I guess the cynical side of me is slowly emerging. LOL!

I guess. ... If a 14 yo girl having the cynicism of a 50 yo man counts as "slowly emerging". Tongue

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-12-2012, 03:42 PM
(03-12-2012 09:14 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  How about, not posting in the correct forum section? Consider
Oops....please feel free to move it
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2012, 04:37 PM
7. Guilty. Nobody has vehemently objected to my sense of humor up to now. I am easily distracted. But also, when conversations become heated I turn to humor to cool the mood. Perhaps this comes form being a child of divorced parents? Still, I do now see that it's not all fun and games here all the time. I try to be as respectful of that as I can. If anyone is ever offended or annoyed about my humorous interjections just push my Reset button.

8. Guilty. But, then, I'm software QA, for an engineering company. I'm very accustomed to operating in an environment where I'm surrounded by a lot of people who know a lot more than I do about the stuff we're working with.

11. Fairly sure I've been guilty of this on occasion. But, my established humility from my work environment tends to keep that in check...most of the time.

12. I like to think I try my damnedest to avoid this one. My rule is, "ask questions, get to know them before you decide who they are." But, again, human.

13. GUILTY!

14. OK, this one bugs me. Ya know, not everyone is an academic. If you're saying the only people who should be allowed to comment on a thread are folks with credentials then I would have a problem with that. I agree that it's not helpful for someone who has no idea what they're talking about to comment on something (which I think I may have done a couple times). But, you're not suggesting some form of elitism, are you? Am I not understanding?

Still sorta new to inhabiting a forum as a member of a community. Still learning my place here. I, not being as learned as some members here, am frequently intimidated by some threads, so I just read, and perhaps toss out the occasional "thank you."

I'm trying my best to be polite, but I do have a tendency toward "class clown." I sincerely hope it never offends.

I've not regretted coming back to check this place out. I've learned a lot and I'm liking the people here more with each read. Thanks everyone!

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 2 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post