I love you?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2014, 01:54 AM
I love you?
Hey guys, when someone says I love you how should we act?

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2014, 01:56 AM
RE: I love you?
That really depends on the context, relationship and how one feels in return.
08-06-2014, 01:57 AM
(08-06-2014 01:54 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  Hey guys, when someone says I love you how should we act?

"Who are you and how did you get in my bedroom?"
[+] 13 users Like Mathilda's post
08-06-2014, 03:25 AM
There is no situation where saying "I love you too" is a bad thing and plenty of bad situations where not returning the sentiment will result in your cloths being tossed out the window.

Saying it and meaning it are two completely separate things.
If you're in a relationship with a girl (or guy) because they are a sex goddess (god) and that is the only reason, why would you ruin a good thing by not saying four little words (people forget the "too") that require zero effort on your part to speak? I'm not saying you gotta say yes to a marriage proposal, but there's nothing wrong with a little white lie here and there, especially if it results in a blowjob.

#muffsrelationshipadvice101

[Image: oscar.png]
08-06-2014, 04:13 AM
(08-06-2014 01:54 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  Hey guys, when someone says I love you how should we act?
This is called dropping the L-bomb. It often means, I want to have sex with you, I want to control you, I want you to love me, I'm lonely, I don't trust you to know that by your own observation, I don't think you are in love with me, so I must say something that means you owe me love, I'm insecure.

It all depends on the person. If you must ask how to act, if you don't already love the person back, it's not good. If people loved others, they would either know them well, or they would be curious about them, curious about their feelings.

We can't claim to love someone we don't know. Yes, we can fall in love with the biological strength of cocaine, but that is our hormones, not our virtue. True love arises from consistently witnessing that person act in a virtuous, courageous way with kindness, if you are virtuous and you are biologically compatible.

Falling in love and merging of souls is not about virtue or curiosity, it is more an idealization, similarity and lack of self-worth and personal boundaries. Which always ends in what feels like betrayal.
[+] 3 users Like Luminon's post
08-06-2014, 04:23 AM
It often depends on the preceding words.

If the sentence started with:

a) Do you remember when I said...

b) I'm only doing this because ...

c) I stopped taking the pill because ...

... then... run!

[+] 10 users Like DLJ's post
08-06-2014, 05:32 AM

Good rule of thumb is to act and say whats honestly on your mind.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 11 users Like War Horse's post
08-06-2014, 05:51 AM
(08-06-2014 05:32 AM)War Horse Wrote:  

Good rule of thumb is to act and say whats honestly on your mind.

Are you serious?

Now I know that you're insane!

The best rule of thumb is to lie, LIE and LIE AGAIN!

Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
08-06-2014, 06:04 AM
(08-06-2014 05:51 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(08-06-2014 05:32 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Good rule of thumb is to act and say whats honestly on your mind.

Are you serious?

Dodgy

Hmmm, not so sure bout that ol' buddy, it can backfire and land ya in the morgue....just sayin. Rolleyes

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 6 users Like War Horse's post
08-06-2014, 06:43 AM
(08-06-2014 06:04 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(08-06-2014 05:51 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Are you serious?

Dodgy

Hmmm, not so sure bout that ol' buddy, it can backfire and land ya in the morgue....just sayin. Rolleyes

Well, even if doesn't land you in the morgue, who the hell wants to be with a liar? Who wants to be a liar? When I caught people in lies in previous relationships/friendships that would be the point where that mutual respect and friendship ended.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.