I'm An Atheist. But I can speak in tongues.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2013, 09:40 PM
RE: I'm An Atheist. But I can speak in tongues.
This vid is the best thing I've seen this week.

(23-03-2013 07:23 PM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  
(23-03-2013 06:50 PM)onedream Wrote:  I went to a Charismatic church for over 10 years and was "Baptized in the Holy Spirit."

I spoke in tongues as a believer for years. Now that I'm de-converted, I can still speak in tongues. I can still experience all those same feelings that I did when I spoke in tongues as a believer.

Gee, I thought the Holy Ghost left when you became an atheist.

Point is, it's all B.S. But you knew that already. Dan Barker made me think of this in one of his recent interviews.

When you spoke in tounges, did you ever get taught how to do it properly, or did you just do it yourself and start talking gibberish.
Also did you have to act it out or did it come naturally; did it really feel like the Holy Ghost was inside you?
This reminds me of this Dusty Smith video where he talks about speaking in tounges etc.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2013, 09:41 PM
(25-03-2013 06:43 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  when you become an Atheist or other backslidden Christian?

An "atheist" is not capitalized, Mr. SupposedlyTwoDegreeCollegeAdminitratorSexuallyPleasingJebusTrollJoke.
Always you self-rightous, morally superior, judgemental idiots who were told "Judge not lest ye be judged" by your Jebus.
"Backslidden" = "enlightened"/"matured".
Grow up.
Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.
25-03-2013, 11:31 PM
(23-03-2013 06:50 PM)onedream Wrote:  I spoke in tongues as a believer for years. Now that I'm de-converted, I can still speak in tongues. I can still experience all those same feelings that I did when I spoke in tongues as a believer.
Upload a video or it never happened.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes KVron's post
26-03-2013, 04:44 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 12:54 AM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
26-03-2013, 06:02 PM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2013 08:55 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-03-2013 11:31 PM)KVron Wrote:  
(23-03-2013 06:50 PM)onedream Wrote:  I spoke in tongues as a believer for years. Now that I'm de-converted, I can still speak in tongues. I can still experience all those same feelings that I did when I spoke in tongues as a believer.
Upload a video or it never happened.

Pffft ... Tongue Yeah, so what? What's the big deal? It really ain't that hard. Hell, I can do it in my sleep. Big Grin

(23-03-2013 09:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Does anyone know what you are saying when you speak in these tongues? Do you?

Apparently only when it comes to the important stuff like that's where the the food is. Big Grin

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-04-2013, 12:35 PM
I remember early on as an ex-Christian / Atheist stumbling on the fact that I could still speak in tongues. It just reaffirmed that all of it was just BS!

Check out my YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/GodlessGlen
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes GodlessGlen's post