I'm Gonna go insane >.<

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2016, 06:25 PM
RE: I'm Gonna go insane >.<
hey we can freak out together! I am in the process still of dropping the religion and its taking a long while. but my family is Christian, my co workers are Christian... someone made a comment to me the other day about "you must have REALLY prayed about that".. I just gave a high pitched squeal. no one knows. thankfully this site is here and the people are amazing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2016, 06:30 PM
[Image: hang_in_there_poster-rc1d5d79a68e14ba7b8...vr_324.jpg]
It will be over before you know it, and you'll be able to put all this behind you, let loose, and express your true heathenous self to the world Smile
[Image: cfaaba6ae58a76eaf2e678dfb45c8a53.jpg]

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
21-04-2016, 06:40 PM
(21-04-2016 06:25 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  hey we can freak out together! I am in the process still of dropping the religion and its taking a long while. but my family is Christian, my co workers are Christian... someone made a comment to me the other day about "you must have REALLY prayed about that".. I just gave a high pitched squeal. no one knows. thankfully this site is here and the people are amazing.

I can totally relate. I was stressed today about a paper I have to write for a class and my teacher was asking me about nature and the birds and flowers and telling me that God is good and he wanted me to agree with him. All I can do is nervously laugh and say "ehhhh heheheh." Later, he was asking me about it again and saying how Jesus loves me. Again, I nervously laughed. I know he means well, but I feel so conflicted. It's really stressful.

I'm also glad that there are online atheist communities. It really helps.
21-04-2016, 06:43 PM
(21-04-2016 06:40 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(21-04-2016 06:25 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  hey we can freak out together! I am in the process still of dropping the religion and its taking a long while. but my family is Christian, my co workers are Christian... someone made a comment to me the other day about "you must have REALLY prayed about that".. I just gave a high pitched squeal. no one knows. thankfully this site is here and the people are amazing.

I can totally relate. I was stressed today about a paper I have to write for a class and my teacher was asking me about nature and the birds and flowers and telling me that God is good and he wanted me to agree with him. All I can do is nervously laugh and say "ehhhh heheheh." Later, he was asking me about it again and saying how Jesus loves me. Again, I nervously laughed. I know he means well, but I feel so conflicted. It's really stressful.

this group is what gets me through my day. im not as active but that's because my anxiety has decreased greatly since joining and getting a new perspective. it makes the transition easier. now I just read what everyone else has to say. and I get what you mean about people saying things that scare you and whatnot. that's where my anxiety stems from.
21-04-2016, 06:53 PM
(21-04-2016 06:43 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(21-04-2016 06:40 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I can totally relate. I was stressed today about a paper I have to write for a class and my teacher was asking me about nature and the birds and flowers and telling me that God is good and he wanted me to agree with him. All I can do is nervously laugh and say "ehhhh heheheh." Later, he was asking me about it again and saying how Jesus loves me. Again, I nervously laughed. I know he means well, but I feel so conflicted. It's really stressful.

this group is what gets me through my day. im not as active but that's because my anxiety has decreased greatly since joining and getting a new perspective. it makes the transition easier. now I just read what everyone else has to say. and I get what you mean about people saying things that scare you and whatnot. that's where my anxiety stems from.

Thats great. I do hope my anxiety goes down a bit once I leave.

I don't know why Christianity has to be so scary. Why do they have demons and hell and things like that? Why is salvation so confusing? One of the most important things about Christianity. It has caused me so much stress.
21-04-2016, 06:57 PM
(21-04-2016 06:53 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(21-04-2016 06:43 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  this group is what gets me through my day. im not as active but that's because my anxiety has decreased greatly since joining and getting a new perspective. it makes the transition easier. now I just read what everyone else has to say. and I get what you mean about people saying things that scare you and whatnot. that's where my anxiety stems from.

I don't know why Christianity has to be so scary. Why do they have demons and hell and things like that? Why is salvation so confusing? One of the most important things about Christianity. It has caused me so much stress.

well one lady here.. helped me a lot, its Aliza. she helped me understand the difference between Christianity and what the Jews believe. Their idea of God is MUCH nicer. not the raging killer we are used to. that actually helped me a lot.
Christianity is scary because that's what sells apparently. they have me good for a while but im slowly getting over it. and honestly.. if it is true and I am dealing with demons. well I am MUCH happier lol.
but really dropping the religion downed my anxiety like 80% its very rare that I have an attack. I unfollowed everything religion on facebook and I ditched my preachers facebook. 1 step at a time!
[+] 1 user Likes Jewelarcher's post
21-04-2016, 06:59 PM
There is no god or gods. There may be super intelligent life somewhere in the universe.

As for a god? Please define the term? Is it a Kronos? A Zeus? A Thor? Mithra?

It is pretty simple to see this is an ancient idea dreamed up by ancient people as a form of trying to understand the universe. That information is now long out of date.

The fear factor is designed as a control mechanism. That idea is still current.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
21-04-2016, 07:00 PM
(21-04-2016 06:53 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(21-04-2016 06:43 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  this group is what gets me through my day. im not as active but that's because my anxiety has decreased greatly since joining and getting a new perspective. it makes the transition easier. now I just read what everyone else has to say. and I get what you mean about people saying things that scare you and whatnot. that's where my anxiety stems from.

I've had a great deal of anxiety in my life, which propensity I have delivered unto my children. Sadcryface One thing that I use as a coping mechanism is to stuff it into a box and deal with it later when I have time. You are young, I am 63 YO. I didn't know at the time that I had anxiety (and depression), I just thought that I was sort of crazy, but was too afraid to tell anyone. I would have benefited immensely from counseling, but societal taboo kept me away from it. If you can use this place to get some interim relief, please do so!
21-04-2016, 07:01 PM
(21-04-2016 06:59 PM)Banjo Wrote:  There is no god or gods. There may be super intelligent life somewhere in the universe.

As for a god? Please define the term? Is it a Kronos? A Zeus? A Thor? Mithra?

It is pretty simple to see this is an ancient idea dreamed up by ancient people as a form of trying to understand the universe. That information is now long out of date.

The fear factor is designed as a control mechanism. That idea is still current.

do we get a choice? can I pick Thor..
21-04-2016, 07:03 PM
(21-04-2016 07:01 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  do we get a choice? can I pick Thor..

Yeah, he's an Aussie. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.