I'm I going crazy or is it Just hormones!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: I'm I going crazy or is it Just hormones!
Hooray!

Research Explores the Scientific Basis for Baby Fever
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/201...115422.htm

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2012, 07:32 PM
I have 4 - ill gladly donate a 17 year old to the cause, no strings attached Wink

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Seasbury's post
04-09-2012, 07:45 PM
(04-09-2012 07:04 PM)pawprints1985 Wrote:  
(04-09-2012 06:23 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Give a kid a home I guess.

you know that doesn't help me.

Giving a child a home, possibly a baby doesn't help satisfy your urge to raise a child?

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
04-09-2012, 07:58 PM
(04-09-2012 07:45 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  
(04-09-2012 07:04 PM)pawprints1985 Wrote:  you know that doesn't help me.

Giving a child a home, possibly a baby doesn't help satisfy your urge to raise a child?

A biological urge is there to spread the genes and we all feel we have the best genes to spread for the survival of the species. Maybe not the most moral solution, but it's a surviving solution.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
04-09-2012, 07:59 PM
(04-09-2012 07:58 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(04-09-2012 07:45 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Giving a child a home, possibly a baby doesn't help satisfy your urge to raise a child?

A biological urge is there to spread the genes and we all feel we have the best genes to spread for the survival of the species. Maybe not the most moral solution, but it's a surviving solution.

ohhh I see now.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
05-09-2012, 02:17 AM
Like everyone else is saying; it's a natural biological urge. An urge that originates deep within the brain.

You see, our main drive, as Humans (and really, as animals), is to procreate in order to spread our genes. The way our bodies ensure this occurs is by releasing certain hormones within the brain. We fall in love with someone because our brains are basically trying to "sell the product" to us - the "product" being our potential mate. When it's a mututal attraction, the brains of both individuals begin releasing massive amounts of pleasure-inducing hormones. The "love" that is felt is literally a drug, and you become addicted to it. That is why breakups hurt so badly; the body is in withdrawl. But I digress.

Interestingly, about 3-4 years into the relationship, the "love drug" begins to wear off (this is also when breakups/divorce become likely). The hormones that make us want to love and nurture begin to slowly die down. But by this time, the body has become addicted to them, and it wants another fix. So, in the evolution-instilled urge to spread our genes, what does our brain do? It begins releasing hormones that make us crave the addition of offspring to the family.

I don't know the status of your love-life, but the ultimate point is that right now, your brain is flooded, for whatever reason, with nurturing hormones. You want to love and nurture a child so badly that you can taste it. At 27, your body is still in prime condition. You've finished developing physically and mentally, and your body knows it's time to get the next generation started. It is by no means "crazy". It's simply a self-imposed drug-fix that you're desperately seeking. Perfectly natural, really.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
05-09-2012, 05:26 PM
(04-09-2012 07:45 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  
(04-09-2012 07:04 PM)pawprints1985 Wrote:  you know that doesn't help me.

no I want to be pregnant.
05-09-2012, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2012 05:42 PM by pawprints1985.)
(05-09-2012 02:17 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Like everyone else is saying; it's a natural biological urge. An urge that originates deep within the brain.

You see, our main drive, as Humans (and really, as animals), is to procreate in order to spread our genes. The way our bodies ensure this occurs is by releasing certain hormones within the brain. We fall in love with someone because our brains are basically trying to "sell the product" to us - the "product" being our potential mate. When it's a mututal attraction, the brains of both individuals begin releasing massive amounts of pleasure-inducing hormones. The "love" that is felt is literally a drug, and you become addicted to it. That is why breakups hurt so badly; the body is in withdrawl. But I digress.

Interestingly, about 3-4 years into the relationship, the "love drug" begins to wear off (this is also when breakups/divorce become likely). The hormones that make us want to love and nurture begin to slowly die down. But by this time, the body has become addicted to them, and it wants another fix. So, in the evolution-instilled urge to spread our genes, what does our brain do? It begins releasing hormones that make us crave the addition of offspring to the family.

I don't know the status of your love-life, but the ultimate point is that right now, your brain is flooded, for whatever reason, with nurturing hormones. You want to love and nurture a child so badly that you can taste it. At 27, your body is still in prime condition. You've finished developing physically and mentally, and your body knows it's time to get the next generation started. It is by no means "crazy". It's simply a self-imposed drug-fix that you're desperately seeking. Perfectly natural, really.

My husband keeps telling me that I have to wait till I have the surgery. I was thinking about trying for one when I am still recovering. Maybe I am out of my mind to be planing that. we have only been marred a year but for the better part of that year I have wanted children. its like I see them everywhere. even in my dreams.
05-09-2012, 05:40 PM
(05-09-2012 05:26 PM)pawprints1985 Wrote:  
(04-09-2012 07:45 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Giving a child a home, possibly a baby doesn't help satisfy your urge to raise a child?

that's your answer, your body is telling you that wants to pass on its genes, and it's messing with your mind so you can't fight back!

RESIST!! YOU CAN FIGHT THIS!! Tongue

nah I'm just kidding, but try not to decide to have a kid only out of an urge, try to make a rational analysis of the pros and cons (there are many on both sides) and if you get to the conclusion you can do it, then do it. But if it's evident you can't then don't... simple as that Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
05-09-2012, 05:41 PM
(05-09-2012 05:26 PM)pawprints1985 Wrote:  

You think your hormones are going crazy now, wait until after you give birth. ManlyGirl went through some seriously scary postpartum depression after each of our 4 kids. Each successively worse.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post