I'm I going crazy or is it Just hormones!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2012, 06:34 PM
RE: I'm I going crazy or is it Just hormones!
Nobody implanted a biological clock in me.

I just plain forgot to have kids.

I was always busy with this, that or the other thing and kids never really came to mind. So many things to do, so little time.

When I turned 40 the thought crossed my mind that I should have a kid if i wanted one. But I didn't see how it would fit in my life at the time and I just didn't have any desire for it. Not that I don't like kids, I enjoy playing with other people's kids.

So, did I miss out on anything? I don't think so. Yes, there is something special about raising a little one, but then I saw all my friends and all the troubles they had with their teenagers. And my poor parents didn't have it all easy either with me.

And the cost of raising a kid is horrendous. At least it would be for me, I would want it to have every advantage, the best education and a good start in life.

And then post partum depression - it's getting to be the norm rather than the exception. I sure don't want any part of that.

In any case, my clock didn't tick and I didn't spend much time contemplating. It's not like the world is underpopulated and needs more kids.

I don't regret the fact that I don't have kids. People always look a me like I was afflicted with leprocy and feel sorry for me. That part is annoying.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
05-09-2012, 11:55 PM
As I have said honey, you need to have that surgery first. We don't need you falling down when pregnant. I also badly want kids, but I want them to have every possible advantage in life that I am capable of giving them. We don't have vast amounts of money, however we can do what ever it takes to ensure they start out life healthy and grow up that way. We will get there though. Our first born could be just over 1 year away, or at least be well along by a year from now.
06-09-2012, 08:33 AM
(05-09-2012 11:55 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  As I have said honey, you need to have that surgery first. We don't need you falling down when pregnant. I also badly want kids, but I want them to have every possible advantage in life that I am capable of giving them. We don't have vast amounts of money, however we can do what ever it takes to ensure they start out life healthy and grow up that way. We will get there though. Our first born could be just over 1 year away, or at least be well along by a year from now.

You my dear don't know how long it will take to get pregnant.
06-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Off topic, sortov.
My mom developed what she called "baby fever" (in other words, direly wanting a child) in her mid twenties as well. But for some reason, her body wouldn't let her get pregnant. She had a few miscariages, and couldn't have me (her first of two children) until she was 34. She's almost 50 now and I have another year and a half before I graduate high school. Not to mention, I also have an 8 year old little sister.
07-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Kids.
Just the word is lovely.
I cannot wait until I get to the age to where I can have a little baby Isaac or Anabella.

Just take your time though.
Once you have children... your freedom is, BOOM, gone.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2012, 06:25 PM
(06-09-2012 08:33 AM)pawprints1985 Wrote:  You my dear don't know how long it will take to get pregnant.

'bout 6 seconds in my experience. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.