I'm In a Strange Position

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm In a Strange Position
I feel as if I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly what I am. I don't really hold a belief in a deity, certainly not a personal one. I don't think that the question of whether or not God exists is ultimately answerable, and the way in which Michio Kaku describes the mind of God does hold credibility to me, so I'm not entirely closed off from a pantheistic God. I don't hate religion, and sometimes I catch myself wishing that I still believed in the God of evangelical Christianity that I grew up with. I find religion fascinating and actually read the works of John Shelby Spong with great interest. I'm not a scientist by any use of the word, and I feel that because science is not my area of expertise that I sometimes miss out on some areas of Atheism. So I'm pretty confused.

Semper requiremus veritatis.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2013, 10:54 AM
RE: I'm In a Strange Position
what about ignosticism?
In any case, don't be so worried about a label

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
15-10-2013, 11:06 AM
RE: I'm In a Strange Position
(15-10-2013 10:46 AM)FrostyMan Wrote:  I feel as if I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly what I am. I don't really hold a belief in a deity, certainly not a personal one.

Join the dark side! Hell is where all the cool people go.

In all seriousness you need to equip yourself. It is your brain/intelligence that has possibly gotten your feet wet (got you this far). Now take the plunge and learn more stuff. Ask questions and look for answers. The atheist experience show on youtube did wonders for me. It showed me that there really is no plausible reason to keep lingering on to foolishness.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."