I'm Jerry and I sell dental floss

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2017, 09:50 AM
RE: I'm Jerry and I sell dental floss
The title makes it sound like your in some type of job therapy group lol but welcome!

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2017, 11:20 AM
Welcome, are you moving to Montana soon to be a dental floss tycoon? Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
20-07-2017, 11:29 AM
So I guess you're a flossing presupposionalist, then ?
I asked the all-important question ... why, just last week it was, "should I floss or not", and these people just ignored me.
Are you an answer to prayer ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
20-07-2017, 11:33 AM
(20-07-2017 07:40 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Did I say I sell dental floss? I meant to say I'm an atheist. Southeast Texas area. I'm looking for a good "home base" forum with interesting people having interesting conversations. I enjoy thinking and writing about religion, history, art, philosophy, and dental hygiene. By which I mean politics.
This site looks nicely active. Hope to engage in some useful chat. Jerry.

Damn, I thought you said "mental floss".
Could have used some of that.

Welcome to TTA. Smile

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
20-07-2017, 11:35 AM
Welcome. I hope you like it here as much as I do!

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
20-07-2017, 11:50 AM
(20-07-2017 11:20 AM)pablo Wrote:  Welcome, are you moving to Montana soon to be a dental floss tycoon? Big Grin

I'm guessing not.

He didn't answer my query if he rides the range with his zircon encrusted tweezers.....

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
20-07-2017, 12:14 PM
(20-07-2017 11:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(20-07-2017 11:20 AM)pablo Wrote:  Welcome, are you moving to Montana soon to be a dental floss tycoon? Big Grin

I'm guessing not.

He didn't answer my query if he rides the range with his zircon encrusted tweezers.....

Wink

Yippee Ki Yo Ki Yay!
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
20-07-2017, 04:19 PM
(20-07-2017 11:29 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So I guess you're a flossing presupposionalist, then ?
I asked the all-important question ... why, just last week it was, "should I floss or not", and these people just ignored me.

A presup dentist, interesting.
"Doc, my tooth hurts."
"How do you know?"
"I feel it!"
"Yeah, but how do you know?"

And as far as actually flossing, I remember reading something recently that said there may not be anything to gain by it, like it was just something pushed by the industry because it kinda seems wise but there's no solid evidence of improving dental health...but I don't know it falls into that vague catagory of "something I read once."
20-07-2017, 04:20 PM
EDIT: oh shit I'm already screwing up...double post, sorry

(20-07-2017 04:19 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(20-07-2017 11:29 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So I guess you're a flossing presupposionalist, then ?

A presup dentist, interesting.
"Doc, my tooth hurts."
"How do you know?"
"I feel it!"
"Yeah, but how do you know?"

And as far as actually flossing, I remember reading something recently that said there may not be anything to gain by it, like it was just something pushed by the industry because it kinda seems wise but there's no solid evidence of improving dental health...but I don't know it falls into that vague catagory of "something I read once."
20-07-2017, 04:24 PM
And she was breeding a dwarf. But she wasn't done yet. ... wait, never mind, wrong song.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post