I'm NEW!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2012, 10:15 AM
I'm NEW!
Hey everyone!

I am an atheist, single mother of 3, career woman, and student. I am on another atheist forum a lot, and have been for some time. I love discussion!

I was raised Catholic, and I was pretty much an apatheist in my early adulthood. Then one day I was bored, and cracked open the bible. I've pretty much been an atheist since Leviticus. I started questioning what I was raised to believe, and what others believe, and quite honestly, I found it to be a bunch of bully bull.

I live in the bible belt of the U.S., and don't have very many atheist friends. Most of my friends believe the earth is less than 10k years old, and are biblical literalists. We avoid the topic like the plague when we're together. My children's father is a Christian, and hates it that I am an atheist. He hates it even more that I raise our kids to question everything, especially authority. Although I think the two oldest kids are too young to say they believe, or disbelieve in anything, they insist that they don't believe in patriarchal sky gods, and are both very interested in science. My 5 year old daughter often quotes Sagan, and isn't reserved about sharing her thoughts on religion, even without being asked.

Big Grin

I'm a very open person, so feel free to interrogate me if you so desire. Thanks for reading!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like trillian's post
05-01-2012, 01:09 PM
RE: I'm NEW!
Welcome to the forum....

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
05-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Welcome.

Be careful, these guys may try to eat your kids.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
05-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Welcome to the forum!
05-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Didn't you hear? Her kids question God. We only eat indoctrinated children.

I'm glad to hear your story and its good to see more people believing in themselves rather then some being. I'm very sorry your husband hates your Atheism but maybe he will begin to question himself.

I was never satisfied with the answers religion gave to me and had to find answers myself, instead of calling it divine inspiration, I called it human thinking.

Welcome to the forum!

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
05-01-2012, 02:08 PM
(05-01-2012 01:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Welcome.

Be careful, these guys may try to eat your kids.
Don't listen to the silly Christian. He's on meds...

Welcome to the forum NEW.
Have an insightful stay

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm in the middle of putting my baby-daughter in bed.
[Image: funny-kids-pictures-baby-burrito.jpg]

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 4 users Like Observer's post
05-01-2012, 02:10 PM
(05-01-2012 02:08 PM)The_observer Wrote:  Welcome to the forum NEW.

rofl

I was totally going to say this, but I thought no one would catch it.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
05-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Thank you all for the welcomes. I am NOT, nor have I ever been married to the father of my kids. LOL That's the only plus side. I don't have to live with him. He wishes he could indoctrinate my kids, but they have already been banned from his church. He doesn't even bother discussing it with them anymore, or demand they talk to themselves before bed... I mean, pray.

Big Grin
05-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Well I'm very happy your teaching your children to be opened minded. It frightens me that parents actually want their children to be indoctrinated and others see it as a good thing. Making them slaves to a belief rather than letting them choose their own path.

I like how the church has to ban ideas instead of trying to answer them(Which they know they will obviously fail too.)

It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
05-01-2012, 03:06 PM
Hey,

Welcome to the forums!

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user