I'm New...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2010, 02:04 AM

I'm New...
Hello to Everyone. It's a pleasure to be here. I always enjoy the chats on Facebook and finally made my way over to the main site. I live in Michigan and I have my entire life. I am a reformed Catholic who lost his faith at 16, wandered around as a non-practicing and agnostic for about 8 years, until finally coming to terms with the fact there was no God at age 24. I have interests in NBA basketball and public service. I like to spend a lot of time on sites like this.

I hope to have interesting and thought-provoking conversations on the site. Here's to seeing you in the main board!
Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2010, 02:25 AM
RE: I'm New...
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

Now when you say you were an agnostic, did you mean that you were an agnostic atheist or agnostic christian? Or did you literally mean you were without knowledge? (Agnostic is a reference to knowledge, not of faith)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-12-2010, 01:38 AM

(29-12-2010 02:25 AM)TheKetola Wrote:  Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

Now when you say you were an agnostic, did you mean that you were an agnostic atheist or agnostic christian? Or did you literally mean you were without knowledge? (Agnostic is a reference to knowledge, not of faith)

Agnostic Christian.
Quote this message in a reply
30-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Thank you for the clarification (sorry about that, I'm a little OCD about the usage of the word).
30-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Welcome! I'm sort of a newb too, but welcome just the same. Big Grin

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
05-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Welcome, Benton. Smile

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
06-01-2011, 11:46 AM
(29-12-2010 02:25 AM)TheKetola Wrote:  Now when you say you were an agnostic, did you mean that you were an agnostic atheist or agnostic christian? Or did you literally mean you were without knowledge? (Agnostic is a reference to knowledge, not of faith)

For him to say that he was agnostic is quite sufficient. The rest of his post creates a framework for you to understand perfectly well what he is telling you he is agnostic about.

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you