I'm Pretty Sure That's A Bad Idea

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2017, 11:40 PM
I'm Pretty Sure That's A Bad Idea
Just had that moment.

We go Bojangles to eat, and I was pretty much tired after getting a full stomach. I fell asleep around 8:30 PM.

I told myself I shouldn't do that as I have class around 12:30 PM tomorrow, if I fell asleep now then I wouldn't get back to see when I needed to.

My mom however says 'Your body needs sleep.'

When though I would be asleep from 8:30PM to 10 AM.

I honestly don't think that is healthy to be asleep for over 13 hours... much less I can't sleep that long. Unsure

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2017, 11:47 PM
RE: I'm Pretty Sure That's A Bad Idea
(21-03-2017 11:40 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  Just had that moment.

We go Bojangles to eat, and I was pretty much tired after getting a full stomach. I fell asleep around 8:30 PM.

I told myself I shouldn't do that as I have class around 12:30 PM tomorrow, if I fell asleep now then I wouldn't get back to see when I needed to.

I honestly don't think that is healthy to be asleep for over 13 hours... much less I can't sleep that long. Unsure

It can be unhealthy but it has to be on a regular basis and most who oversleep also have an underlying condition. Your supposed to get 8-9 hours I believe. Doing it once shouldn't be a problem.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
21-03-2017, 11:50 PM
I've been used to getting only 8 or 9 hours that sleeping that long is just hard for me.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
22-03-2017, 02:55 AM
I slept about 15 hours once (woke up about halfway for a few minutes, does it still count?)

It was mostly because of anxiety and missed sleep for several nights before. I was pretty exhausted, so I went to bed at 7 pm, woke up at briefly at 4 am-ish, got a drink, flopped back down on my bed, and didn't wake up til 10 am. Felt completely recharged Big Grin

Certainly not healthy to do repeatedly, but I don't think it hurts every once in a while.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
22-03-2017, 04:46 AM
You're young, you can do that shit. Wink

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like houseofcantor's post
22-03-2017, 10:06 AM
(21-03-2017 11:40 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  I honestly don't think that is healthy to be asleep for over 13 hours... much less I can't sleep that long.

Nope. It's not intrinsically unhealthy to sleep for 13 hours—although more than a couple of times a month should sound warning bells. I often sleep for 12 to 16 hours a day, but I have a chronic sleep dysfunction which, conversely, means I often stay awake for 20 to 24 hours at a time.

If your body feels the need for sleep, then let it. Thumbsup

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
22-03-2017, 10:10 AM
It's the going to sleep on a full belly that is the hardest on you. Best intake profile ramps down as the day goes on. We try to eat nothing those last two hours before bed.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
22-03-2017, 10:41 AM
(21-03-2017 11:40 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  Just had that moment.

I'm not sure I see the problem. I go to bed around 8:30 PM every night (if I feel like living on the edge, I might stay up until 9 PM) -- and then I get up at 5 or 6 AM. Why do you have to sleep until 10 AM? If you get up earlier, will you not still make it to your 12:30 PM class?
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
22-03-2017, 11:46 PM
6 hours a night and not 1 min more or I'll wake up with a migraine

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
23-03-2017, 03:52 AM
I work third shift and regularly get by on 6 hours or less. But I do sleep in on my nights off, usually getting 8 hours or more.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post