I'm Protesting Your Protest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2016, 09:05 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2016 09:14 AM by jennybee.)
RE: I'm Protesting Your Protest
(10-11-2016 08:52 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 08:49 AM)jennybee Wrote:  He also refused to rent to African Americans in his apartments

Context is important. He could have refused for different reasons other than skin.

(10-11-2016 08:49 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Called all Mexicans rapists.

He didn't. He was talking about illegal immigrants from mexico, not all mexicans. Hell he even said mexico is sending their worst. How do you get all mexicans from their worst? And on the illegal immigrants causing some trouble, he is right http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ice-re...le/2589785

So *all* Mexicans who are illegal immigrants are rapists? That's called a stereotype.

You can read the court case online at United States v. Fred Trump, Donald Trump, and Trump Management online and judge for yourself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2016, 09:08 AM
Protesting is really our only voice when you are powerless to make actual change. I don't understand why people are belittling it.

Once a decision has been made, there is literally nothing else we can do but raise our voices against what we don't believe. So the world knows we don't agree with this leadership. It gives us a feeling of some control over that which we have none.

I will take that over complacency any day.
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post
10-11-2016, 09:10 AM
(10-11-2016 09:05 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 09:01 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  So you're protesting my protest of the protestors.....

Ironic, huh???

So -- If it's right for you to protest my protest, my protest of the other protestors is spot on, eh?????

[/smartassedness]

Smile

Of course it's your right to protest the protesters. It's a very important part of free speech. Hasn't been used much since the seventies, but it did prove to be an important tool for long term change.

And it's your right to protest my protesting of the protestors......

Although, I gotta say - it gets kinda confusing........

Are we the People's Front of Judea - or the Judean People's Front??????

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
10-11-2016, 09:16 AM
(10-11-2016 08:59 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 08:55 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  No, the "Hillary started it" excuse was a lie propagated by the trump campaign. It is considered racist for a number of reasons. They didn't have a problem with Ted Cruz, did they?

I didn't say hillary, I said her camp, like someone working with her.

Trump said Hillary started it. In any event, Trump was involved with the Birther movement long before her campaign was started.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
10-11-2016, 09:20 AM
(10-11-2016 09:10 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 09:05 AM)Dom Wrote:  Of course it's your right to protest the protesters. It's a very important part of free speech. Hasn't been used much since the seventies, but it did prove to be an important tool for long term change.

And it's your right to protest my protesting of the protestors......

Although, I gotta say - it gets kinda confusing........

Are we the People's Front of Judea - or the Judean People's Front??????

Big Grin

I am sorry, I just do not see any humor in what happened. Well, that's not true - but not the way you see it. I think this has the potential to leave us totally fucked. I'll talk with you about it again in a few year's time. Until then, frolic while the frolicking is good.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-11-2016, 09:21 AM
(10-11-2016 09:00 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 08:59 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  right...I don't believe a GD thing that comes out of his mouth.

So if is racist why reject it?
A little thing called politics and trying to win an election.

Btw, did you miss the link in my post?

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
10-11-2016, 09:31 AM
(10-11-2016 09:05 AM)jennybee Wrote:  So *all* Mexicans are rapists? That's called a stereotype.

Illegal immigrants from mexico aren't all mexicans

(10-11-2016 09:05 AM)jennybee Wrote:  You can read the court case online at United States v. Fred Trump, Donald Trump, and Trump Management online and judge for yourself.

From what I see it might be because of his dad. I agree that Donald should of said fuck it dad and let them in, but ya know business and shit. Dodgy

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-11-2016, 09:32 AM
(10-11-2016 08:58 AM)Dom Wrote:  It's not pointless. All the protests I took part in in the 70s about gay rights were pointless. Or so people said. But they brought gays out into the open, and while it took a long time to reach equality, it eventually worked.

Protest is not about effecting immediate change - riots are that. Protest is about letting everyone know what you think about an issue. It's our right to protest peacefully and make our opinions known. The effects are not immediate, but long term.

Hmm. Careless wording on my part.

By "pointless" I meant that the election was legitimate and that protesting the results could not effect a change. Although the protesters haven't been calling for recounts and such, that sort of thing leaps to mind. Might just be an assumption or impression on my part.

Insofar as expressing one's opinion, then yes, as I noted, I am supportive of the protesters. I haven't heard any reports of violence and such, so go for it. Protest away. Express your opinion.

Thumbsup

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
(10-11-2016 09:16 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 08:59 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I didn't say hillary, I said her camp, like someone working with her.

Trump said Hillary started it. In any event, Trump was involved with the Birther movement long before her campaign was started.

I agree, he was wrong, but it doesn't change the fact the democrats started it first.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
(10-11-2016 09:21 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 09:00 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So if is racist why reject it?
A little thing called politics and trying to win an election.

Btw, did you miss the link in my post?

I am looking at it. Remember I ain't pro trump, so I want to make sure that I know the details.