I'm Protesting Your Protest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2016, 09:43 AM
RE: I'm Protesting Your Protest
(10-11-2016 09:32 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I agree, he was wrong, but it doesn't change the fact the democrats started it first.

Apparently it started on conservative websites, but you are correct that people in Hillary's camp helped propagate it.

Quote:From the start of March 2008, rumors that Obama was born in Kenya before being flown to Hawaii were spread on conservative websites, with the suggestion that this would disqualify Obama from the presidency. In April of that year, anonymous e-mails from supporters of Hillary Clinton repeated the same rumor, apparently in an attempt to revive Clinton's faltering 2008 primary election campaign. These and numerous other chain e-mails during the subsequent presidential election circulated false rumors about Obama's origin, religion, and birth certificate.

wiki wiki wiki

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2016, 09:44 AM
(10-11-2016 09:43 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 09:32 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I agree, he was wrong, but it doesn't change the fact the democrats started it first.

Apparently it started on conservative websites, but you are correct that people in Hillary's camp helped propagate it.

Quote:From the start of March 2008, rumors that Obama was born in Kenya before being flown to Hawaii were spread on conservative websites, with the suggestion that this would disqualify Obama from the presidency. In April of that year, anonymous e-mails from supporters of Hillary Clinton repeated the same rumor, apparently in an attempt to revive Clinton's faltering 2008 primary election campaign. These and numerous other chain e-mails during the subsequent presidential election circulated false rumors about Obama's origin, religion, and birth certificate.

wiki wiki wiki

Well the nobody is innocent Wink

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-11-2016, 10:05 AM
(10-11-2016 09:20 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 09:10 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And it's your right to protest my protesting of the protestors......

Although, I gotta say - it gets kinda confusing........

Are we the People's Front of Judea - or the Judean People's Front??????

Big Grin

I am sorry, I just do not see any humor in what happened. Well, that's not true - but not the way you see it. I think this has the potential to leave us totally fucked. I'll talk with you about it again in a few year's time. Until then, frolic while the frolicking is good.

We've ALWAYS had the potential to be totally fucked....

That's life......

One man isn't going to send us all into oblivion....

That takes teamwork......

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
10-11-2016, 10:41 AM
(10-11-2016 07:57 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 07:55 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Agreed, we have to accept that he is president of the United States. *But* the protests aren't about people being babies. The protests are about people being scared. We have never had a president like this. He's a blatant misogynist and does not like anyone who is different from him. He is so far removed from the typical American middle class family, he literally gives two fucks about them. This presidency is all about Donald and what's good for Donald. His supporters don't realize how hard he is about to fuck them. He also doesn't act in a level-headed manner--which is something we need in a president, especially when dealing with diplomacy. That in itself is scary. Whether HC was a good choice or not, you can't expect people to sit back and be quiet when the country elected someone like him.

Never had a president like him????

Well -- we've had just as bad.....

Ronnie Raygun was a scary fuck -- that a lot of people were convinced would get us into another world war......

Bush (1st) was director of the CIA for crissakes --- (think Putin)....

We survived them - we'll survive Trump -- and likely, we'll survive somebody worse some day....

Laugh out load

Always the pessimist, OB!

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
10-11-2016, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2016 01:39 PM by Aliza.)
As much as I didn't want Trump to end up in office, I'm a firm believer in the election process. The American people have spoken, and that's all there is to it.

But... if democrats are protesting, they should focus their protests on their own party because as this infographic shows, Trump didn't get any more support than previous Republican candidates got in the last two elections. The fault of this election lies squarely in the hands of the 6 - 10 million democrat voters who couldn't be bothered to show up at the polls.

[Image: Presidential%20vote%20history_zpsdostamdt.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
10-11-2016, 12:17 PM
(10-11-2016 07:25 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Hillary Lost.
Donald Won.

What the fuck do you want??

A fucking "participant" trophy????

Grow the fuck up.
Shut the fuck up.

And

Next time -

Come up with a candidate that people don't despise.

How hard is that???

Big Grin

We will survive the Dumpster. We survived Dubya. "He kept us safe" ... (except for the ones he didn't). Facepalm

I hope Elizabeth Warren runs next time. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
10-11-2016, 12:37 PM
(10-11-2016 07:51 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Next time? There won't be one. The Republicans have taken control for good. I hope you like an all-white, all-Christian nation, because that's what we'll be in short order. And forget about having any more real elections. They will be Russian elections at best. People get the government they deserve, and we have shown ourselves to be a nation of stupid fucks. I guess we deserved what we got.

I hate to say it, but every single conservative said the same stupid thing in 2008 when Barack Obama won.......and nothing happened.

Calm down........count to 20 silently..........feel better?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
10-11-2016, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2016 01:04 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(10-11-2016 12:37 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 07:51 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Next time? There won't be one. The Republicans have taken control for good. I hope you like an all-white, all-Christian nation, because that's what we'll be in short order. And forget about having any more real elections. They will be Russian elections at best. People get the government they deserve, and we have shown ourselves to be a nation of stupid fucks. I guess we deserved what we got.

I hate to say it, but every single conservative said the same stupid thing in 2008 when Barack Obama won.......and nothing happened.

Agree.
Life goes on. Turn off the news for two weeks.
Get drunk.

Adopt a puppy.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-11-2016, 12:39 PM
(10-11-2016 07:25 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Hillary Lost.
Donald Won.

What the fuck do you want??

A fucking "participant" trophy????

Grow the fuck up.
Shut the fuck up.

And

Next time -

Come up with a candidate that people don't despise.

How hard is that???

Big Grin

Well, I'm protesting your protest of their protest. Tongue

Hobo

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-11-2016, 12:41 PM
(10-11-2016 12:39 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 12:37 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  I hate to say it, but every single conservative said the same stupid thing in 2008 when Barack Obama won.......and nothing happened.

Agree.
Life goes on. turn off the news for two weeks.
Get drunk.

Adopt a puppy.

Then if the economy goes to shit and you can't afford food, you can eat the puppy to tide you over until you have to resort to cannibalism and raiding parties.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post