I'm Sap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2015, 07:32 AM
I'm Sap
Name: Sap

Current Belief System: Atheist

Former Belief System: Church of God (or as Seth so perfectly says sometimes, Gaw-yudd)... yes, the speaking in tongues and dancing in the holy spirit kind

Stats: Married, father of 3, late 30's, civil engineer and Army Reservist.

Was sort of a closeted atheist for a few years. Came out to my parents a few years ago. They keep trying to have conversations about it, but I just ignore it. I'm out, I don't believe, I love them, but that's pretty much all there is to that story. It just so happens, that as I've come to my own non-belief, I realize now that my mother's father was also an atheist. Nobody ever talked about that when I was growing up, but the things he believed and talked about, while never outright saying he didn't believe in a diety, now make so much sense to me. I wish he was still alive so that I could discuss it with him. I think he would have been happy to have an ally in the family. I wish I could have been that ally for him before he died.

Oh well, anyway, that's my intro. Not the best intro, but there it is. I look forward to getting to know you folks.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Sap's post
22-05-2015, 07:34 AM
RE: I'm Sap
Welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
22-05-2015, 07:35 AM
When you get older are you going to go by Amber?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
22-05-2015, 07:40 AM
kingschosen... ummm, I feel like there is a reference or joke I'm missing.

Trying to break this down. Must be a reference to sap, like from a tree, and amber being fossilized sap? Maybe. I think I get it now. No. My name is not a reference to sap from a tree. It's short for sapper... combat engineer... 12B in Army lingo. But I shorten it to help keep me just a tad bit safer from potential targeting by radical terrorists who might try to find military personnel online and kill them. It's statistically unlikely I'll be targeted, but at least I can say that I try to protect myself when my Army bosses ask what my protective measures are.
[+] 1 user Likes Sap's post
22-05-2015, 07:45 AM
Hey ... wha'Sap? Big Grin

I know. I'll try unsuccessfully to not make that happen again. Dodgy

Good to have you here. Like the podcast, this is a global forum - lots of different perspectives. It's all good ... if you don't step in too much troll poo.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
22-05-2015, 08:16 AM
Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
22-05-2015, 08:25 AM
Hello! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
22-05-2015, 08:33 AM
Welcome!

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post
22-05-2015, 09:57 AM
Welcome.

And good on the name clarification.

I'd hate to boil ya with the rest of the maple syrup....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
22-05-2015, 10:48 AM
Welcome Sap!

KC- Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post