I'm Scared...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2013, 05:25 PM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2013 05:41 PM by thedudette.)
I'm Scared...
Hello!

When I signed up here I did it out of impulse. I know that this is an extremely friendly supportive community. I am TERRIFYED that someone will find out I'm an atheist and I'll be bullied. I don't live in the bible belt, and even though my parent's hate the idea of me being a non-believer they don't punish me for it. I'm extremely lucky because I know that's not always the case.

I have a tendency of fearing the worst case scenario in everything, I am on medication for anxiety and currently have a therapist. I would talk to her about it but I think she is religious and I don't want things to be awkward.

I want to get over the fear and I imagine that people here will understand.

Any stories or advice would be lovely Smile Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: I'm Scared...
welcome! here's safe to share your non-belief so don't worry too much about it. And remember, the worst case scenario is usually not what happens (probability and stuff)

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
14-12-2013, 06:01 PM
(14-12-2013 05:38 PM)nach_in Wrote:  welcome! here's safe to share your non-belief so don't worry too much about it. And remember, the worst case scenario is usually not what happens (probability and stuff)

Thank you for the reply Smile
Does this site have any "trolls"?
14-12-2013, 06:02 PM
Hey dudette,

I've had issues with anxiety and panic attacks. I also had psychotic religious delusions (of grandeur and persecutory) after which I quickly became an atheist. I hope I can be of support for you here.
You'll be fine here and might have some fun along the way. If you want to talk PM me.

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
14-12-2013, 06:04 PM
This is a good section to ask questions and get support...and welcome.

You say you are concerned about being bullied, may I ask your age?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
14-12-2013, 06:05 PM
(14-12-2013 06:01 PM)thedudette Wrote:  Does this site have any "trolls"?
A couple, they get removed quickly if the over do it.

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
14-12-2013, 06:06 PM
(14-12-2013 06:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  This is a good section to ask questions and get support...and welcome.

You say you are concerned about being bullied, may I ask your age?

I'm 15 Smile
14-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Welcome again! We have several teens here that may have better insight as to how to deal with bullying.

Are you in a church school or public? If in a public school and not in the Bible belt, I wouldn't think it would be that bad. But then I could be really wrong since I went to Catholic school a bazillion years ago.

14-12-2013, 06:14 PM
(14-12-2013 06:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Welcome again! We have several teens here that may have better insight as to how to deal with bullying.

Are you in a church school or public? If in a public school and not in the Bible belt, I wouldn't think it would be that bad. But then I could be really wrong since I went to Catholic school a bazillion years ago.

Lucky for me I am homeschooled.
I am more concerned with rumors Sad
I'm terrified of slander in any form. I don't know how people outside of my parents and close friends will react to it.
I really want to be open about this but I'm scared to do so.
14-12-2013, 06:16 PM
If the homeschooling group is religion-based you may have some issues. If you are just coming to atheism you may want to just hold back and get some experience here talking to people about differences in beliefs.