I'm Scared...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2013, 06:22 PM
RE: I'm Scared...
(14-12-2013 06:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  If the homeschooling group is religion-based you may have some issues. If you are just coming to atheism you may want to just hold back and get some experience here talking to people about differences in beliefs.

I don't think it is, although my English teacher talks about religion to my peers at times.
I live right next to a retired preacher (Or at least that's what my parent's told me), and a couple that are really Christian. I actually went to church with them once.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2013, 06:40 PM
If you aren't approached very often with religious talk, then maybe you can get along fine...not like the people that are surrounded by the super-religious.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
14-12-2013, 06:41 PM
did you out yourself to your parents? Your posts seem to imply that,but i'm not sure.
In my experience,my friends didnt make a big deal out of it,but then again,i never make a big deal out about religion,and neither did they.
Are your friends overly religious?
If so,don't tell 'm. If they find out,just ask them something like "you've known me a long time. I've been an atheist for x years and you've never noticed. Have i turned evil? No,right? I am still the exact same person as before,i just don't happen to believe the same thing you do,as eith so many subjects." ar something.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
14-12-2013, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2013 08:55 AM by thedudette.)
(14-12-2013 06:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  If you aren't approached very often with religious talk, then maybe you can get along fine...not like the people that are surrounded by the super-religious.

I feel bad for those people Sad
14-12-2013, 06:45 PM
(14-12-2013 06:01 PM)thedudette Wrote:  
(14-12-2013 05:38 PM)nach_in Wrote:  welcome! here's safe to share your non-belief so don't worry too much about it. And remember, the worst case scenario is usually not what happens (probability and stuff)

Thank you for the reply Smile
Does this site have any "trolls"?

not more than usual, maybe even less. Some are the good kinds even, the funny ones, we keep them as pets, that's why we feed them Smile

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
14-12-2013, 06:49 PM
(14-12-2013 06:41 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  did you out yourself to your parents? Your posts seem to imply that,but i'm not sure.
In my experience,my friends didnt make a big deal out of it,but then again,i never make a big deal out about religion,and neither did they.
Are your friends overly religious?
If so,don't tell 'm. If they find out,just ask them something like "you've known me a long time. I've been an atheist for x years and you've never noticed. Have i turned evil? No,right? I am still the exact same person as before,i just don't happen to believe the same thing you do,as eith so many subjects." ar something.

Yep I did tell my parents. When I was 13 or 14, I did without caution whatsoever. It really upset them, but I suppose that's common. I feel like they bring up god to make me feel bad sometimes.

One friend I have is wiccan, another is Christian but not extremely devoted.
14-12-2013, 06:52 PM
(14-12-2013 06:45 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(14-12-2013 06:01 PM)thedudette Wrote:  Thank you for the reply Smile
Does this site have any "trolls"?

not more than usual, maybe even less. Some are the good kinds even, the funny ones, we keep them as pets, that's why we feed them Smile

I'm happy to hear that!
How long have you been an atheist? :3
14-12-2013, 07:57 PM
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
14-12-2013, 08:03 PM
(14-12-2013 06:52 PM)thedudette Wrote:  
(14-12-2013 06:45 PM)nach_in Wrote:  not more than usual, maybe even less. Some are the good kinds even, the funny ones, we keep them as pets, that's why we feed them Smile

I'm happy to hear that!
How long have you been an atheist? :3

I was born one, but then I took a break until 17 more or less, I didn't realized I was one until 20 something, I really don't care much about religion though, not such a big deal around here luckily

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
14-12-2013, 08:11 PM
(14-12-2013 07:57 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Welcome aboard Smile

Glad to finally be here!

How are you? Big Grin